China to clamp down on Internet music platforms in 2016

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,294member
    latifbp wrote: »
    ?Music already censors out a ton of language from what I stream to the point I'm thinking of cancelling the service. As much as I love Apple this family friendly crap chaps my hide.

What are you talking about? Beats One is fantastically NSFW. On my Apple Music, Nick Cave's "Stagger Lee" (from Murder Ballads) is just f'ing fine.

If you perceive censorship it's done by the artist not Apple Music.
  • Reply 22 of 23

Lord... It's not just cuss words. It has to do with anything remotely approaching sexual content or sexual violence. On Dr. Dre's Compton when Eminem, in the song Medicine Man, says rape that word is scratched out. It's an obvious blip in the music which is annoying to hear, first of all, and then even more annoying that the artistry has been tampered with. Obviously there has been a lot of debate about rape culture in the past couple of years and Eminem is deliberately using that word to address some of the extreme factions in the social narrative that has developed out of that debate. Censoring the artists undermines the whole point of what art is about in the first place. Maybe next time you should try reading the rest of the comments and saving your fingers the trouble of typing out the same blithering and uninformed nonsense you typed in this response.

• Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BadMonk View Post

What are you talking about? Beats One is fantastically NSFW. On my Apple Music, Nick Cave's "Stagger Lee" (from Murder Ballads) is just f'ing fine.

If you perceive censorship it's done by the artist not Apple Music.

Lord... It's not just cuss words. It has to do with anything remotely approaching sexual content or sexual violence. On Dr. Dre's Compton when Eminem, in the song Medicine Man, says rape that word is scratched out. It's an obvious blip in the music which is annoying to hear, first of all, and then even more annoying that the artistry has been tampered with. Obviously there has been a lot of debate about rape culture in the past couple of years and Eminem is deliberately using that word to address some of the extreme factions in the social narrative that has developed out of that debate. Censoring the artists undermines the whole point of what art is about in the first place. Maybe next time you should try reading the rest of the comments and saving your fingers the trouble of typing out the same blithering and uninformed nonsense you typed in this response.