Adele might skip '25' release on Spotify in favor of Apple Music, other paid services

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Spotify is about scalability. If everyone in the world who can pay for music (like electricity)
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

So if the story is true, it would mean that there is a difference in the amount the artist earns when music is streamed in the free category and when streamed in the pay category. 

That is interesting. 

That is part of how the payout from Spotify works. Different payout rates based on which subscription tier the listener is on, but it's not quite that simple: http://www.spotifyartists.com/spotify-explained/#wait-i-thought-spotify-paid-a-per-stream-rate

• Reply 23 of 26
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

This thread is so typical of AI posters these days and it is sad. If everyone here was sitting in a pub chatting would the response to what others say, even if you disagree, be so obnoxious? I doubt it unless you want a beer poured over your head. Just because folks sit in their homes safe behind anonymity and a firewall doesn't mean they have to be plain rude. This thread is tame compared to many where people get called idiots and worse. Why can't we have intelligent and polite discourse even if we disagree?

You are absolutely right. I am embarrassed. Strike my petty comment from the thread. [no sarcasm]

• Reply 24 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    techno wrote: »

You are absolutely right. I am embarrassed. Strike my petty comment from the thread. [no sarcasm]

Hey, my comment wasn't aimed at you particularly. :)
  • Reply 25 of 26
    technotechno Posts: 737member

Maybe not, but you are right. I hate it when these conversations go south.