The pen is mightier: Samsung modifies Galaxy Note 5 packaging to warn about stuck stylus

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    red oak wrote: »
    It must result in some serious product returns.  It is so easy to do, especially in the dark.  Samsung's user experience is so bankrupt 

Actually, product returns are rather low since Samsung will only accept product if returned in person to the factory gates in South Korea. Even then, it's touch and go whether they will allow a return even after you sign a form admitting to being a moron and a permanent resident of the left-side of the IQ bell-curve.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    Saw that episode of MacBreak Weekly where Leo Laporte got the pen stuck previously. Hilarious.

Wait 'til he gets to play with the iPad Pro and an Apple Pencil... and he gets the Apple Pencil stuck in the battery powered pencil sharpener he keeps on his desk.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member

This is why the complaints by some pundits about there being nowhere for the Pencil to be stored on/inside the iPad Pro are misguided.

• Reply 24 of 36
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    Lmao! All Of this spens will get stuck sooner or later. Well you get what you pay for!
    It was free, so many won't complain.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    PenGate! And social media erupts . . . wait, no it didn't. Oh, that's right, only Apple gets criticism. Others get a pass.
  • Reply 26 of 36
    I used to wonder why Android fans hate Apple fans, but after looking at the comments, it's easy to see why. I used to trash Samsung, until I actually bought a Note 5 to try it out and T Mobile has a 14 day return policy. Best phone I have ever used, gives the iPhone 6 design a run for its money.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    "... users have said the issue can be fixed by cutting a strip of paper about six inches long, wrapping it around the piece of the S Pen protruding from the phone, and sliding it into the holding bay to allow the stylus to be safely removed."

Parergate
  • Reply 28 of 36
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

"... users have said the issue can be fixed by cutting a strip of paper about six inches long, wrapping it around the piece of the S Pen protruding from the phone, and sliding it into the holding bay to allow the stylus to be safely removed."

Either that, or they get both items lodged in the Samsung glory hole. These are the kind of people, that when they were younger, used to get all manner of things stuck inside their noses and other bodily orfices...

• Reply 29 of 36
    I'll take one of these Penis Mightiers that you speak of.......
  • Reply 30 of 36

I'll take one of these penis mightier that you speak of........will it really mighty my penis?

• Reply 31 of 36
    Quote:

Originally Posted by coolfactor View Post

I thought Leo Laporte had become anti-Apple over the years, so it's interesting to see him running a MacBreak Weekly show... unless the "Break" refers to smashing Macs on every episode? :P

He is anti-Apple in a sense. But he's been running MacBreak Weekly for years. Unfortunately Leo isn't the tech authority he thinks he is. I stopped listening to the show last year because I got tired of the often boring discussions where they provided questionable or flat-out incorrect advice and discussion.

That and Andy Ihnatko stutters, stumbles and babbles his way through episodes like he's in a race to say the most inane things as possible in a single episode.

• Reply 32 of 36
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

PenGate! And social media erupts . . . wait, no it didn't. Oh, that's right, only Apple gets criticism. Others get a pass.

I don't think anyone is giving them a pass. It's that nobody cares to begin with.

• Reply 33 of 36
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

I don't think they repainted the handrails on the Titanic, either...

• Reply 34 of 36
    sog35 wrote: »
    what horrible design.

If Apple made this stylus it would be symetrical so it wouldn't matter which way you inserted the pen.

You want both ends of the pen to be a writing end??
  • Reply 35 of 36

I take this penis mightier that you speak of.