Apple issues fourth beta of OS X 10.11.2 to developers for testing

Posted:
in macOS edited November 2015
Members of Apple's registered developer program can now access the fourth pre-release beta of OS X 10.11.2, a forthcoming maintenance and security update for its OS X El Capitan operating system.

Identified as build 15C47a, the new beta was released on Apple's developer website and via the Mac App Store on Tuesday. The forthcoming update is not expected to hold major feature additions, but should bring the usual assortment of backend.

Developers have been asked to focus their testing on Calendar, graphics, Mail, networking, Notes, Photos, Spotlight, USB and Wi-Fi, features under constant refinement. The company has been on a weekly schedule in pushing out OS X betas, the most recent of which contained minor changes to the same focus areas.

Apple last month formally released the OS X 10.11.1 update to address issues with Office 2016, Mail, VoiceOver and more. The software also included unspecified performance enhancements and more than 150 new emoji characters.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

I am seeing no major issues with my 10.11.1 installation, very stable and fast (27” iMac 14,2  I7). Bug and security improvements always welcome of course but El Capitan is the best yet and I started out with System 7.

Now let’s hear from the naysayers and malcontents proclaiming El Capitan to be rubbish.

• Reply 2 of 9
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member

Strange, got today also the public beta (10.11.2 bèta (15C47a)).

• Reply 3 of 9
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    I am seeing no major issues with my 10.11.1 installation, very stable and fast (27” iMac 14,2  I7). Bug and security improvements always welcome of course but El Capitan is the best yet and I started out with System 7.

Now let’s hear from the naysayers and malcontents proclaiming El Capitan to be rubbish.

Apple had the nerve to drop floppy disks, abandon CDs and then DVDs change the charging connecters on iDevices, good dog, will it ever end? They should have left OS X at Lion! /s
  • Reply 4 of 9

Bring back iPhoto, or Aperture, or some kind of real photo app!!!

• Reply 5 of 9

Please bring back Aperture. Photos is an absolute joke. I just bought a new Retina Macbook Pro because I knew it would run Yosemite which qualified for Aperture 3.6. Have a 2012 Mac Pro tower and a 2013 nMP on Yosemite with Aperture 3.6. No more Mac purchases (I go back to the beginning and as an Apple VAR sold well over 100 Macs as the Avid and Media 100 dealer in Hawaii) until something of the quality of Aperture is available. It sure isn't Light room. With over $100 billion in cash, I think Apple could bring Aperture up to date. This is going to cost hardware sales, not just the software sales of Aperture. Apple needs ProApps!

• Reply 6 of 9
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member

Strange, got today also the public beta (10.11.2 bèta (15C47a)).

• Reply 7 of 9

I am a public beta tester and was able to download this update this morning...

• Reply 8 of 9
    mwhiteco wrote: »
    I am a public beta tester and was able to download this update this morning...

Check if this is the same. This is my developer's version.

• Reply 9 of 9
    jim w wrote: »
    Please bring back Aperture. Photos is an absolute joke. I just bought a new Retina Macbook Pro because I knew it would run Yosemite which qualified for Aperture 3.6. Have a 2012 Mac Pro tower and a 2013 nMP on Yosemite with Aperture 3.6. No more Mac purchases (I go back to the beginning and as an Apple VAR sold well over 100 Macs as the Avid and Media 100 dealer in Hawaii) until something of the quality of Aperture is available. It sure isn't Light room. With over $100 billion in cash, I think Apple could bring Aperture up to date. This is going to cost hardware sales, not just the software sales of Aperture. Apple needs ProApps!

I agree 100000000000000%

Photos is great and very useful for the masses but it's not Aperture. Aperture could so easily be kept up to date. It is so much better than Lightroom and there is really no other option.