Apple Pencil torn apart to find incredibly small logic board, folded in half to maximize space

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    indyfxindyfx Posts: 321member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IndyFX View Post

That is just nonsense. You are either just trolling or have never used/compared the two. Besides the surface stylus missing the tilt parameter (which truly make it more of a consumer/hobbyist product than a pro one) the difference feel, tracking (& lag) between the two is significant (even on the much more expensive i7 based surface) You can argue that that is because of the superiority of the iPad Pro over the surface, however using each as a system, The MSsurface/stylus isn't even in the same league as the iPadPro/Apple Pencil.

It seems to me like Microsoft's pencil is more geared towards marking up documents or for notetaking whereas Apple Pencil is geared towards artists for drawing.

Not really, the iPadPro/Apple pencil seems (to me) to be better at both. The Surface, while ok at large strokes seems to lacking slightly in quick "detail" capability.This is particularly noticeable when trying to write in a standard size handwriting/speed you would use in notation/note taking.

You are correct in terms of artistic control/feeling there is no comparison (plus the no tilt make the surface a nonstarter for artists)

• Reply 62 of 69

So has iFixit ever broken down a stylus (e.g. the Surface Pen) or did they decide to grab some free PR by breaking down an Apple accessory?  

• Reply 63 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

So has iFixit ever broken down a stylus (e.g. the Surface Pen) or did they decide to grab some free PR by breaking down an Apple accessory?  

Boo hoo.... iFixit is picking on Apple.... :no:

• Reply 64 of 69

I am guessing that Serenity Caldwell is definitely impressed....  day 4 or 5 (can't remember)

"The iPad Pro Experiment: The Pencil arrives, and it's going to change my life"

http://www.imore.com/ipad-pro-experiment-pencil-arrives-and-its-going-change-my-life

• Reply 65 of 69
    tgr1tgr1 Posts: 33member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dysamoria View Post

Totally missing the point.

Seriously, does no one use the eraser end on their Wacom pens as often as I do? It's not pinpoint precise like the tip end, but it's also far superior to the actual eraser that inspired it. The Wacom styli essentially have TWO pressure sensitive ends to work with where the Apple Pencil has only one. The eraser end on Wacom's styli are for erasing OR marking, and controls precise tools just fine (if you don't mind the large plastic part). It's however you configure it to be.

The analogue is pencil to stylus. That doesn't mean the tip or eraser ends of an electronic stylus have to behave with the same limitations as the objects that inspired them.

I stopped using it very quickly. Way too thick and a pain to constantly flip the pen over. I ended up first assigning one of the button controls as the eraser but then stopped doing even that and just started picking the brush. Way more control over erasing. I didn't need the skeumorphic experience.

• Reply 66 of 69
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

If Apple sold potato chips, iFixit would tear it down.

• Reply 67 of 69
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Yep with iPad Pro we may see instances where iPad gets something before iPhone. But prior to Pencil and keyboard is there anything iPad got first? The only thing I can think of is LTE. But I think that was more a case of launch cycle than Apple specifically targeting it for the iPad first.

Off the top of my head - maybe the thin side bezels?

• Reply 68 of 69
    bkkcanuck wrote: »
    UMake for iPad Pro.

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M9gCPZg7ebg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Holy crap! That looks fantastic.