Apple to open 27th Chinese Apple Store this week in Beijing

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2015
Apple will open its 27th Apple Store in China later this week, as an outlet is scheduled to open on Nov. 28 at Chaoyang Joy City mall in Beijing, the capital city's fifth location.

Apple announced the forthcoming grand opening through its Chinese website on Sunday, just one day after opening a brick-and-mortar store in Chengdu.

The Chaoyang Joy City Apple Store is not expected to be a flagship location like Beijing's Wangfujing Street outlet, but rather a satellite that will expand Apple's reach into the sprawling metropolis. The in-mall shop could be similar in scale to the city's most recent Apple Store opening in China Central Mall, which began accepting customers in January.

As with all modern Apple Stores, some sales floor space will be reserved for a Genius Bar and an area for hands-on workshops. A few classes scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 29, still have seats available, including iPad basics, photo editing on Mac and Mac basics.

When it opens this Saturday, the Chaoyang Apple Store will be Apple's 27th in mainland China. The country is Apple's most important growth market, generating $12.5 billion in revenue over the company's last fiscal quarter of 2015, a number up 99 percent year over year.

Apple CEO Tim Cook is bullish on China. During a recent quarterly earnings conference call, Cook said he anticipates China to leapfrog the U.S. as Apple's largest market thanks in large part to a booming middle class. To help speed the process along, Apple intends to enlarge its regional retail footprint to 40 Apple Stores by mid-2016.

The Chaoyang Joy City Apple Store will follow the usual Chinese retail schedule with normal operating hours between 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. A grand opening event is expected to take place on Nov. 28 at 10 a.m.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Go Apple go go go!
  • Reply 2 of 14
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

Always remember the analyst/hater/blogger/pundit predictions of Apple Doom™ in China. Keep those solemn predictions in mind the next time one of these bozos pulls something out of their poop chute about Apple. 

• Reply 3 of 14
    27 to 40 stores in about seven months! And those same bozos complain that Angela isn't earning her keep? Pfft.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator

Just saw an article cross on Yahoo Finance about how S&P 500 profits fell $25 billion in the first three calendar quarters of 2015. That's rough. I think I know where some of those profits went. Apple profits climbed $11.3 billion in those three quarters, from $30 billion in the first three quarters of 2014 to $41.3 billion in the first three quarters of 2015.   So without the fruit, S&P profits would have been down even more. And still, so little respect.

• Reply 5 of 14
    Based on everything I have been told by the media is that people are poor in china and they are in confinement like slaves...
    What's up Apple, why are building so many stores in a place where the media says they are poor?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    danielsw wrote: »
    27 to 40 stores in about seven months! And those same bozos complain that Angela isn't earning her keep? Pfft.

Yep, looks like two stores a month on average until next summer. There must be a permanent staff of store-opening wranglers working in China.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    shsfshsf Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Mecca View Post

Based on everything I have been told by the media is that people are poor in china and they are in confinement like slaves...

What's up Apple, why are building so many stores in a place where the media says they are poor?

There are large inequalities, huge ones, between the well off, the middle class, and the, well, slave class in China.

• Reply 8 of 14
    It's amazing, Apple operates 27 stores in China, but in the whole state of Oregon there are only 3 Apple stores, and all of them in the Portland area.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    It's amazing, Apple operates 27 stores in China, but in the whole state of Oregon there are only 3 Apple stores, and all of them in the Portland area.

When there's a billion people in Oregon you'll get more stores. :lol:
  • Reply 10 of 14
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

Go Apple go go go!

Sorry, are you a spambot? Most (or all) of your posts consists of that line. 

• Reply 11 of 14
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BklynCowpoke View Post

Why is it amazing?

China pop: 1.357 billion+

Oregon pop: 3.97 million

China has more population than 341 Oregons. So, if we're going per capita, based on 3 Oregon Stores Apple should have 1,023 Stores in China- and yet they only have 27. 

Yes, it is amazing, but in the complete opposite way in which you think it is. 

• Reply 12 of 14
    joe mecca wrote: »
    Why the hell do you believe what you're told by the media?
  • Reply 13 of 14
    shsf wrote: »

There are large inequalities, huge ones, between the well off, the middle class, and the, well, slave class in China.

What "slave class"? Give me a break.

You need a refresher on what is happening with regard to labor and demographics worldwide: http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-demographics-rule-the-global-economy-1448203724?tesla=y&alg=y
  • Reply 14 of 14
    shsfshsf Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

What "slave class"? Give me a break.

You need a refresher on what is happening with regard to labor and demographics worldwide: http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-demographics-rule-the-global-economy-1448203724?tesla=y&alg=y

I 'lll give you all the breaks you want mate, but the wsj article says f. all about the matter in hand, and I have it first hand from multiple sources about the slave class in china. And at the end of the day what's it to ya? I called a spade a spade, what's apple got to do with all that?