Review: Apple goes high fashion with Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Use it as a c*ck ring! Ok, I think I am going to finally delete the AI app. I believe this is all paid for by Apple. Apple makes a good product, but sometimes the product is made better by a dual boot into Windows unless you want to respond to your iMessage text messages on a lazy Sunday surfing the web. Excel can't even run on more than one core in OSX, so trying doing a sub totaling on a 55,000 line item spreadsheet and then compare your $2,000 Mac to a $600 PC without using Windows. Additionally, there are plenty of websites that seem to have issues with Safari, including the Delta airline site. Works fine in Chrome and I.E. I have the full suite of Apple products including the watch (minus a desktop as I have a MacBook), but to be honest I still have to use a PC (or would have to dual boot to Windows) for some work. Also, recents iOS releases have been bad. In 8 iMessage was terrible until 8.1 and in 9 (even with 9.1), my iPhone 6 Plus is slow and laggy and the issue with rotation is back. My phone is 11 months old. My Apple Watch stock complication does not update my default stock price correctly anymore without clicking on it (worked on watch OS 1), and sometimes the temperature is slow to update. Apple has a limited SKU of products, they have billions and billions of dollars, there are no excuses as unlike MSFT they do not have to support a multitude of configurations.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    Great review! I like the design and really appreciate that it's weighted so it doesn't slide all over when you take the watch off. I do think I'd prefer it to be brushed aluminum over the white though.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMac85 View Post

Great review! I like the design and really appreciate that it's weighted so it doesn't slide all over when you take the watch off. I do think I'd prefer it to be brushed aluminum over the white though.

Wouldn't that scratch the watch?  Or get scratched by the watch?

• Reply 44 of 48
    It looks like a bulb that one would plant to grow an iMac G4.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    am8449am8449 Posts: 392member

It makes sense that the Apple Watch dock is more luxurious than the iPhone dock.

It has to accommodate users who will buy it for their Edition models, which is a luxury product worth upwards of $10k. You wouldn't want to pair this valuable piece of "jewelry" with a crappy plastic stand.

I'd guess that this dock was designed specifically with the Edition model in mind, and then priced at a level that Sport and Regular model owners could also accept. So in a way, I think we're lucky that this dock doesn't cost a lot more than it does.

• Reply 46 of 48
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by am8449 View Post

It makes sense that the Apple Watch dock is more luxurious than the iPhone dock.

It has to accommodate users who will buy it for their Edition models, which is a luxury product worth upwards of $10k. You wouldn't want to pair this valuable piece of "jewelry" with a crappy plastic stand.

I'd guess that this dock was designed specifically with the Edition model in mind, and then priced at a level that Sport and Regular model owners could also accept. So in a way, I think we're lucky that this dock doesn't cost a lot more than it does.

Uh, nope. The Edition already comes with a very nice charging dock/box that already does this beautifully. This was clearly designed for everybody else in generic Apple white.

• Reply 47 of 48
    am8449am8449 Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

Uh, nope. The Edition already comes with a very nice charging dock/box that already does this beautifully. This was clearly designed for everybody else in generic Apple white.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that.

• Reply 48 of 48
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielSW View Post

White goes with everything.

As a bedroom item, it'd be great to have it in darker colors as well.

And if they are going to keep it in white: why not making the object smarter? It'd be great to have it as a waking up light, slowly building up in intensity for gentle wake ups.