Apple's iOS clinches 78.3% of U.S. mobile online shopping over Thanksgiving, 360% more than Android

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    [B]#blackfridaymatters[/B]
  • Reply 22 of 34
    Clenches? Not the best word here. Clinches?

As a grammarian, misuse like that makes my butt clinch worse than Jack Flack in Nacho Libre!
  • Reply 23 of 34
    foggyhill wrote: »

Older people have money (and probably Iphones), but they shop less using their mobile.

I'm an Older people and I shop almost entirely online because of the convenience, reliability and fast delivery:

• Reply 24 of 34
    solipsismy wrote: »
    Better than saying: Apple's iOS kegels 78.3% of U.S. mobile online shopping over Thanksgiving, 360% more than Android

I even like that better! ????

An old Bolshoi ballerina joke ... "Viggle me to break the suction"

Edit:

On consideration, Apple should make a wearable that ties into the Apple Watch to record HealthKit kegel exercises ... Goals, hourly nags, etc.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    runbuhrunbuh Posts: 315member
    Evidently, a drop from last year's Apple online share (text is from the article):

[I]3. Apple vs Android
    While Apple is still the dominant platform for mobile online shopping, throughout the year, and for the first three weeks of November, Android devices were “nibbling at the Apple,” stealing mobile e-commerce order share from Apple devices (iPhones and iPads). This trend continued on Thanksgiving: Share of mobile e-commerce orders made on Apple devices was 78.3%, down from 79.9% last Thanksgiving. Share of orders on Android devices was 21.5%, a slight increase compared to last year’s 19.3%.[/I]
  • Reply 26 of 34
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    gatorguy wrote: »
    That would be obvious without studies. Tesla owners are almost certainly "better educated and financially better off" than Toyota owners. In general you buy what you can afford.

And mostly iPhone owners, by the way.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    runbuh wrote: »
    Evidently, a drop from last year's Apple online share (text is from the article):

3. Apple vs Android
    While Apple is still the dominant platform for mobile online shopping, throughout the year, and for the first three weeks of November, Android devices were “nibbling at the Apple,” stealing mobile e-commerce order share from Apple devices (iPhones and iPads). This trend continued on Thanksgiving: Share of mobile e-commerce orders made on Apple devices was 78.3%, down from 79.9% last Thanksgiving. Share of orders on Android devices was 21.5%, a slight increase compared to last year’s 19.3%.

Apple is doomed.™
  • Reply 28 of 34
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    Well I used a Craigslist app looking for a Apple watch deal. Does that count for online shopping on a iOS device?. Found a good deal on a 42mm space grey version. Hardly used, looked brand new. $300. Included 3 more bands, red, white & blue and another charger. Picked it up on Saturday. I haven't worn a watch in years, but I'm really liking it. I've ordered a few other things on my iPad and iPhone also. The watch deal was great though. Plus no tax on top of it all. That's really the way to go. I had the person meet me at a neutral place near where he lived, in this case, a fast food place. I didn't want to meet in his apartment complex in Oakland,.CA. This is the smart thing to do when dealing on Craigslist. I know some that do the deals at a police station. For $300, that's a little overkill. So if you're looking for a deal, take a look on Craigslist, just be smart about it. Make sure to look at the product, not a box that has a brick in it for example!!!

I got a nice jetski trailer in Craigslist a few years back for a great price. You may have to do a little driving, but you can pick it up right away, get a great price, no tax. See it before you pay. It's also great to sell your stuff. I've done that also. No problems. No extra fees like with eBay. No dealing with shipping. Give it a try. There's some nice iOS apps.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    runbuh wrote: »

3. Apple vs Android
    While Apple is still the dominant platform for mobile online shopping, throughout the year, and for the first three weeks of November, Android devices were “nibbling at the Apple,” stealing mobile e-commerce order share from Apple devices (iPhones and iPads). This trend continued on Thanksgiving: Share of mobile e-commerce orders made on Apple devices was 78.3%, down from 79.9% last Thanksgiving. Share of orders on Android devices was 21.5%, a slight increase compared to last year’s 19.3%.

Yes... Apple's mobile online shopping share decreased 1.6% this year.

But the entire online shopping market grew 10%... so Apple devices were actually responsible for more mobile online purchases this year. That's still good, right?

This is the funny thing about percentages... they don't tell the whole story by themselves.

You can't compare one percentage to another percentage without looking at it in context.
  • Reply 30 of 34

Regardless of this, both Black Friday and Thanksgiving sales were down 10% YoY.

So long, economy!

• Reply 31 of 34
    Regardless of this, both Black Friday and Thanksgiving sales were down 10% YoY.

So long, economy!

Maybe people wised up and decided that Black Friday shopping was more trouble than it's worth.
  • Reply 32 of 34
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Maybe people wised up…

I would need to attend GLEC to have that sort of optimism these days.

I think it’s more that they just don’t have the cash to spend.

• Reply 33 of 34
    Dear appleinsider,

This headline, "Apple's iOS clinches 78.3% of U.S. mobile online shopping over Thanksgiving, 360% more than Android" is a contradiction, and is incorrect on the face of it. The iOS-based sales are indeed 360% of the Android-based sales. However, they are only 260% MORE than the Android-based sales: the first 100% is accounted for in matching the Android-based sales.

Unfortunately, a very common mistake, here and elsewhere.
  • Reply 34 of 34
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I'm an Older people and I shop almost entirely online because of the convenience, reliability and fast delivery:

I think you missed the point.  It's MOBILE shopping, Not Online Shopping!!!  Mobile shopping as in a iPhone or iPad or Android phone.  Not on your Desktop Computer.  It's the younger people with all the disposable incoming shopping on their Mobile Device.

I shop both ways.  my Grandma on the other hand does do some Online shopping on her computer, but not on her Android phone or iPad Mini.  

I've also heard in the past that Google makes more money from iOS users then Android. Just found some links to that.

http://gizmodo.com/5897457/google-makes-four-times-more-money-from-ios-than-android

http://www.digitaltrends.com/android/google-earns-four-times-more-from-ios-than-android/