Apple - Great service, yeah right.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Today I went to the Apple store in London to order £3400 worth of PowerMac, and what do they do??? They are closed, on a SATURDAY!!!

I cannot believe this, of all the obsticales I had to go over to get this thing, and the damn store isn't open, and no I will not order it from John Lewis, Micro Anivika, or any other place.

Is the store shutting down, or does Apple think that it can take its customers for a ride so easily?!?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    Why not order from the online UK Apple store?

That's what I did!

They're open all hours and deliver

[ 09-07-2002: Message edited by: RodUK ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 10
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    There's a lot to be said for instant gratification....

....but since when was there an official Apple Store in London?

D
  • Reply 3 of 10
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    It's not Apple's fault that some damn retailer isn't open when you want it to be...

That's like blaming HP for not being able to go to CompUSA and buy an HP...
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Well, if there's an Apple Store in London then our friend could at least be put out a bit. London's a great town.....I just don't think there's an Apple-branded store there.

Yet.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    TyPIcal if APPLE!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by WINDMAN:

<strong>TyPIcal if APPLE!</strong><hr></blockquote>

TheRE sEeMS tO bE sOMEthiNG WrONG WitH youR kEYboaRD

GeT IT FIxeD
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Like it's Apple fault that you didn't check to see if the store was open first. I drove over 2 hrs one way to go buy my iBook and I was sure to call and make sure they were open.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    That is besides the point, you expect a retail shop to be open on the main shopping day of the week, otherwise it is bad business. It is an official store, as it orders BTO macs aswell, which is what I did on Monday.

Hopefully the kit should arrive this coming Monday.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Do you think it might have had to do with the Jewish holiday on Saturday? Maybe the owners of the store are Jewish and decided NOT to work on a holy day. Would you expect any retail store to be opened on Christmas?

It could be worse. You could live in Germany where nothing is open on Saturday after 12:00 PM and Sunday at all.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    There is no Apple Store in London. I say again, there is no Apple Store in London!

mattyj, where did you go to?

To be honest, there's nothing wrong with Micro Anvika: they know what they're on about, and the prices are pretty competitive. don't touch John Lewis unless they have exactly what you want: the staff know 2/3 of nothing, but can be easily harassed into giving stuff away cheap.