Apple TV App Store gains over 400 apps each week, nearly half of all apps are games, data shows

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    sog35 said:
    Amazing.  200 new games each week.

Give it 3 years and AppleTV will outsell Xbox/PS/Nintendo.

As long as Apple forces developers to develop their games with the Siri Remote it's not going to be taken as a serious platform for gaming. It's like a Wii, no one took that console as a serious gaming machine.

Eddie Cue himself specified that TV is targeting casual gamers or people who don't play video games who might be open to casual gaming like on iOS. In no way is Apple trying to target serious gamers. Cue said specially they aren't going after XBox or PS3/4 people. Have you been following this blog?
  • Reply 22 of 27
    bdkennedy said:
    That's really interesting, because every Tuesday I go to What's New in the Games category and there hasn't been hardly anything new added in the past month since I bought it.
    Welcome to the club, I also check every other day, and I haven't seen much as far as new apps since I bought it Day 1. So I really wonder where the heck those apps are!!
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Apple needs to allow folders .. It's very inefficient to scan through all these apps on one page.. 
    To expand on this theme, Apple needs to allow NESTED FOLDERS in iWork in iOS. It's just completely insane that this isn't possible.
    No doubt.. The whole file/ folder management/orginazition scheme or lack there of in ios  is bewidering.. Cumbersome and inefficient... 
    Apple Please !???
    I'm sure this will be implemented in a near future tvos update. iOS didn't have nested folder organization for a while...let alone a copy-paste feature.

But Apple: Please fix the keyboard layout.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    simonmtl said:
    bdkennedy said:
    That's really interesting, because every Tuesday I go to What's New in the Games category and there hasn't been hardly anything new added in the past month since I bought it.
    Welcome to the club, I also check every other day, and I haven't seen much as far as new apps since I bought it Day 1. So I really wonder where the heck those apps are!!
    Count me one too, I'm really surprised that of all the 100s of apps (mostly games) I've bought on iOS, only ~20 have updated theirs to support tvOS. For what are they waiting?!
  • Reply 25 of 27
    I dont find it easy to navigate the Apple tv store

• Reply 26 of 27
    pepe779 said:
    I can go to a Toyota dealer and buy an old model but it won't get new features. it only gets the old features that were new when it was new. same thing. 
    Not true. There are tens of millions of ATV3s out there and just like it has already been said, Apple is still selling those and most likely will for quite some time. ATV3 as such is not that ancient, it was released in 2012, yet it's badly abandoned. Don't forget Apple is well known for supporting even their old HW, you can easily run new iOS on old iPhones and iPads, new Mac OS on old Macs, so ATV3 is basically their first HW that seems to have been forgotten. I understand ATV4 is now a different OS, but I don't understand why they don't at the very least implement Apple Music in ATV3. Likewise, I have tried the new Remote app with my ATV3 and it's a disaster, it messed up my ATV so badly that not even the ATV remote worked anymore and I had to reset the box. Heck, I couldn't even stream Apple Music from my iPhone to ATV3, it didn't recognize the format. If this trend continues, ATV3 will soon be completely useless and this is not what we expect from Apple. Forget about "it just works" and the tight integration of all their devices, Apple has been making fun of how fragmented Android is, but it's already happening to them as well.
    like I said, you can buy an older model Toyota at the dealership -- but you're not going to get any new model features in it. 

where does the analogy fail for you?
    edited December 2015 applepieguy