Foxconn offered $12.6M government subsidy to stem layoffs linked to iPhone 6s order reduction, repo

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    jeffdm said:

You're not fooling anyone by taking a new ID, Sog35.
    I got some rude comment on my YouTube channel last night from a sog35

How weird is that?
    It's not weird, it seems completely consistent with past (and present) behavior.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    So was the market right about Enron?
    Was it right about Pets.com?
    Was the market right last year and the year before when we heard these same supply checks about Apple?

The market is constantly 'wrong' especially when being 'wrong' is very profitable. 

The problem here is Tim Cook refused to dispute these lies and rumors weeks ago when he could have nipped this in the bud. Instead Cook has allowed these rumors to fester for weeks. All this has done has empowered more liars and manipulators to come out of the woodwork to pile on. If Cook does nothing why not keep lying?
    Yikes. I hope you realize that two or three data points don't make "the market." The market is far more right than it's wrong. In the case of companies like Enron and Pets.com that you bring up, the facts were well-known for savvy investors to see and stay away. If someone didn't, that's their problem.

In any event, your point is not terribly relevant to what I am saying, which is about whether and how companies have the ability -- and CEOs the obligation -- to try and provide the best possible information to markets so as to guide them to the right prices.
    They already did that, made no difference.
    Good news, makes no difference.

• Reply 43 of 48
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Skull2003 said:
    The link below is from a contributor in WSJ.

http://newpaper.dahe.cn/hnsb/html/2016-01/06/content_1352344.htm?div=-1

The subsidy is a reward for 2014.  WSJ needs to do its research......

They know its not relevant, but they do it anyway; why? It fits their little narrative and if they're wrong nobody is punished.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    jeffdm said:
    Where is Tim Cook?

The stock was $134 a few months ago. Now its almost $99. The stock is down almost 30% and almost $200 billion. Yet Tim Cook does nothing?  Why doesn't Tim Cook address these rumors? All Cook needs to do is reiterate guidance for the December quarter and this would still be at $125.

You're not fooling anyone by taking a new ID, Sog35.
    I got some rude comment on my YouTube channel last night from a sog35

How weird is that?
    Was it a rude comment about Tim Cook?
  • Reply 45 of 48
    foggyhill said:
    Yikes. I hope you realize that two or three data points don't make "the market." The market is far more right than it's wrong. In the case of companies like Enron and Pets.com that you bring up, the facts were well-known for savvy investors to see and stay away. If someone didn't, that's their problem.

In any event, your point is not terribly relevant to what I am saying, which is about whether and how companies have the ability -- and CEOs the obligation -- to try and provide the best possible information to markets so as to guide them to the right prices.
    They already did that, made no difference.
    Good news, makes no difference.

What did they do, when?
  • Reply 46 of 48
    snova said:
    so... lets say this is true for a moment... They would be prepaying for unemployment.. just so the workers stay at the factory sitting on their hands?  At least with unemployment, they could be off trying to find a new job. This story seems silly on the surface. 
    The US automotive industry did exactly this some years back. So why not others as well?
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Apple's own guiding the best indicator? No kidding. Gene, you're a Gene-ius /s