Apple denies plans to build iOS-to-Android migration tool

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    lkrupp said:
    sog35 said:
    WTF.

So Apple can respond to some silly ass rumor about an Android App, yet they can't respond to supply chain rumors that caused the stock to lose over $200 billion in value?

I just don't understand Tim Cook sometimes.
    No, you don’t understand SEC rules governing what a corporation can and cannot say and when they can or can’t say it in the time leading up to a financial report. Analysts and bloggers can say whatever they want to about a company whenever they want to. CEOs cannot make any untruthful or misleading statements as they would be criminally liable. An analyst can say the sky is orange and Apple is bankrupt if they want to with no risk other than their reputation. 
    I am not sure you fully understand what companies can and can't say, and when. 

Can an you show me the SEC ruling about the so-called pre-earnings announcement 'silent period'?
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 22 of 33
    dougddougd Posts: 292member
    Glad to hear it that would be really dumb no matter what the rationalization

• Reply 23 of 33
    Haha, what a surprise. That previous story had bullshit written all over it.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    sog35 said:

WTF. So Apple can respond to some silly ass rumor about an Android App, yet they can't respond to supply chain rumors that caused the stock to lose over $200 billion in value? I just don't understand Tim Cook sometimes.

It's simple, Apple doesn't care about the stock market because it is full of lazy ass fools wanting a free ride. Boo hoo for you.

What I don't understand is why YOU as a shareholder hasn't sued the analysts for spreading lies. Apple doesn't have to do YOUR dirty work you lazy freeloader.
    Or better still. Use the lies to your advantage and buy some more. Lies == opportunity.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    cali said:
    GOOD. Sounded like a terrible idea.

Was funny watching the Applelogists explain how it could be a good idea for Apple. hahaha
    Not really.

Having a migration path works in both directions, though I've never heard of anyone actually wanting to abandon their iPhone for any other device except another iPhone.

What Apple should be doing is having the iPhone/iPad/Mac/MacPro/etc sync to iCloud, and in turn if they have the "Migrate to iPhone" tool on an Android device, also be able to migrate those to the Android device. It's a huge pain in the behind overall, but there devices (eg Automotive systems) that are picky about what device works with them and for those people they may just want to keep a "worthless android" device in their car instead of constantly plugging the iPhone/iPod/iPad, or leaving it permanently paired with the car.

As for migrating music, don't bother. I'm sure someone could do so, but it would be faster to just straight to iTunes and copy the music directly from it than try to copy it back off the iPhone/iPad/iPod device.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    Always thought the original rumor was dodgy.

At least it was a good test for Apple observers.  How you responded to it reveals your objectivity and could be a guide for you to adjust your perspective, that is if you want to:

If your response is "that sounds kind of suspect, I'll wait and see", then you are an objective observer whether or not you're an Apple fan.

If your response is "I can see why Apple is doing this.  Brilliant move!", then you are an unredeemed Apple groupie, you think nothing Apple does could ever be bad or a mistake.

If your response is "another incredibly stupid move by Apple to add to its long list of incredibly stupid moves", well, you know what you are.

• Reply 27 of 33
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    Apple will never do this. Because thieves will learn how to steal iOS user data. The rumor is likely from Android marketers to make it look like Android is winning iOS users. 
  • Reply 28 of 33
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    What a ridiculous rumor. Next you'll see Windows pre installed on Macs. 
  • Reply 29 of 33
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    tundraboy said:
    Always thought the original rumor was dodgy.

At least it was a good test for Apple observers.  How you responded to it reveals your objectivity and could be a guide for you to adjust your perspective, that is if you want to:

If your response is "that sounds kind of suspect, I'll wait and see", then you are an objective observer whether or not you're an Apple fan.

If your response is "I can see why Apple is doing this.  Brilliant move!", then you are an unredeemed Apple groupie, you think nothing Apple does could ever be bad or a mistake.

If your response is "another incredibly stupid move by Apple to add to its long list of incredibly stupid moves", well, you know what you are.

Most people blamed the EU
  • Reply 30 of 33
    sog35 said:

It's simple, Apple doesn't care about the stock market because it is full of lazy ass fools wanting a free ride. Boo hoo for you.

What I don't understand is why YOU as a shareholder hasn't sued the analysts for spreading lies. Apple doesn't have to do YOUR dirty work you lazy freeloader.
    I dont know where you buy your stock from, but I pay for my Apple stock.
    so STFU saying I'm freeloading.

Its the CEO's responsibility to control and guide the image of the company.  Cook has allowed Wall street to  spread the lies that they have reached a peak and will go nowhere but down.
    Why do you pay for stock? Because you want more money than what you paid for.

Freeloader still stands.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:
    I dont know where you buy your stock from, but I pay for my Apple stock.
    so STFU saying I'm freeloading.

Its the CEO's responsibility to control and guide the image of the company.  Cook has allowed Wall street to  spread the lies that they have reached a peak and will go nowhere but down.
    Why do you pay for stock? Because you want more money than what you paid for.

Freeloader still stands.
    Your comment just shows your ignorance on the subject.

Without public investing a company like Apple would not even be possible. Without the public being able to invest in stocks the entire world economy would be like the Soviet era USSR. 

Freeloading means getting something for doing NOTHING. Buying Apple stock with my hard earned money is anything but freeloading. I'm the one taking 100% risk of losing my entire investment. And exchange for my capital and risk is a return.  Its simply economics, time value of money, and investment theory. If you think that's freeloading then you know nothing about the realities of the world. 
    When you buy Apple stock aren't you buying stock they already issued and sold to raise funds some time ago? Apple isn't getting any of that money you invest in the stock now are they? I don't see any particular direct benefit to Apple the company whether you buy their stock or not. It's a game I don't see any reason to play given other options. 
    edited January 2016 singularity
  • Reply 32 of 33
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    sog35 said:
    gatorguy said:
    sog35 said:
    Your comment just shows your ignorance on the subject.

Without public investing a company like Apple would not even be possible. Without the public being able to invest in stocks the entire world economy would be like the Soviet era USSR. 

Freeloading means getting something for doing NOTHING. Buying Apple stock with my hard earned money is anything but freeloading. I'm the one taking 100% risk of losing my entire investment. And exchange for my capital and risk is a return.  Its simply economics, time value of money, and investment theory. If you think that's freeloading then you know nothing about the realities of the world. 
    When you buy Apple stock aren't you buying stock they already issued and sold to raise funds some time ago? Apple isn't getting any of that money you invest in the stock now are they? I don't see any particular direct benefit to Apple the company whether you buy their stock or not. It's a game I don't see any reason to play given other options. 
    But Apple is still responsible to the party that holds the stock. It was part of the contract when Apple went public.

Its like when you buy a used car from someone that still has a warranty on it. Yes Honda did not sell the car directly to the 2nd owner. But Honda is still obligated to honor the warranty even though its another person using the car now.

Same with stocks. Yes Apple originally sold the stock to someone else. But they are still obligated to the current owner of the stock. The benefits and risks of the stock is transferred to the new stockholder and Apple needs to honor that. Its the coventant they agreed to when they went public and accepted the 2 cents per share they sold it for.
    Hey, something we can agree on! :)