Microsoft offering up to $250 for Apple Watch users to trade in for a Band 2

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 75
    spikeit said:
    I actually stopped wearing my apple watch about three weeks after purchase and only use the MSFT band now. Far superior experience for health tracking.
    LOL. Post #1, no less......

Are they coming out of the woodwork, or are they?
    nolamacguylostkiwihydrogencornchip
  • Reply 62 of 75
    leighrleighr Posts: 254member
    larrya said:
    The MS band doesn't play music and the Apple Watch doesn't have GPS.  They both suffer the same battery life and lack of water resistance.  I guess it's all just a matter of which to adorn the inside of your junk drawer with. 
    You've obviously never owned an Apple Watch.
  • Reply 63 of 75
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    spikeit said:
    I actually stopped wearing my apple watch about three weeks after purchase and only use the MSFT band now. Far superior experience for health tracking.
    Yeah yeah yeah, whatever... Please.... Give me a break!  Post 1... And that.. Says it all.
    nolamacguylostkiwicornchip
  • Reply 64 of 75
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Does this sort of offer actually work for tech gadgets? When I read the article, the first thing I thought was 'last chance saloon.'  

If you can't sell something, look at the product again and figure out how to make it better.  
  • Reply 65 of 75
    What does MS do with the Apple Watches they buy (if they really get one)? Do they sell them and make a profit? Do they keep them and add up to their loss? Do they give them as a free gift to their family and friends (employees not allowed)? What's the point of this nonsense?
    edited January 2016 cornchip
  • Reply 66 of 75
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    joaquim said:
    What does MS do with the Apple Watches they buy (if they really get one)? Do they sell them and make a profit? Do they keep them and add up to their loss? Do they give them as a free gift to their family and friends (employees not allowed)? What's the point of this nonsense?
    Sell them as refurbs for $300 each.
  • Reply 67 of 75
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    the context, obviously, being an answer the question you yourself asked.

can lead a horse to water...
    Sigh. Go with the flow, man....
    what flow? you asked a question, got an answer, then said you refuse to click links without context despite the quoted context being the answer to your question. talk about refusing to go with the flow...
  • Reply 68 of 75
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    spikeit said:
    really? how so?
    cornchip
  • Reply 69 of 75
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    spikeit said:
    really? how so?
    What I always find funny here is that there is not even a hint they returned it, or even sold it, in in those pseudo stories; they simply stopped wearing them within a few days!
    Often, no reasons, or reasons that obviously should have been known prior to buying it.
    At least they should make the scenarios plausible.
    edited January 2016 cornchip
  • Reply 70 of 75
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    There are some really good deals out there on the Sport models tho. I just watched a brand-new never opened 42MM Sport w/blue band sell for $270 on eBay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Watch-Sport-42mm-Case-7000-Ser-Ion-X-Glass-Blue-Band-Brand-New-Sealed-/262235695966?hash=item3d0e772b5e:g:psEAAOSwhkRWdGxr&autorefresh=true

Those holding off because of price may find good bargains now, substantially under Apple suggested retail. Good time to buy. 
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 71 of 75
    what flow? you asked a question, got an answer, then said you refuse to click links without context despite the quoted context being the answer to your question. talk about refusing to go with the flow...
    Talk about being obtuse.....
  • Reply 72 of 75
    noivadnoivad Posts: 186member
    Microsoft is bleeding cash in both lost sales in mainly the consumer market and squandered resources trying to recapture it with failed attempt after failed attempt. But they still have a huge business in enterprise that is also slowly eroding. This is just another obvious desperate grasp for sales to consumers that aren’t there. This insulting offer will only please people really unhappy with an Apple Watch which according to satisfaction surveys is a very low number of them.

Once again this is just a symptom that Microsoft doesn’t get it. The superficial “advances” in its OS that are uninformed & the overcomplexity of its dev tool copies are other signs that they never have, and they probably never will.
  • Reply 73 of 75
    @mac_128 Na, it's just a publicity stunt. @metrix No, I haven't got a clue!
  • Reply 74 of 75
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    jkichline said:
    These "promotions" have one objective and that is to devalue competitor's products in the mind of a target audience that is likely to purchase a Microsoft product.  If Microsoft can say to a potential customer "Oh, and if you have one of those Apple Watches, we will give you what it's worth... about $250".  In the mind of the naive consumer, they think "huh, that expensive thing is only really worth $250..." at which point the sales person has prepped the consumer to hear about all the wonderful things that the Microsoft Band can do for $250.  Really it's only trying to level the playing field in the consumer's mind so they have a chance to compete at half the price.  It artificially places the Microsoft Band on the same price range of an Apple Watch (in the same league so to speak), but still sell it at half the price.  It also tells consumers that other products from FitBit are worthless and the Microsoft Band is better.  Really MS is just finding itself stuck between the two success products and trying to compete against the mindshare of both.

Really it's pretty brilliant, but it really just is proving that many customers are mindless idiots that will believe a sales pitch.
    I know you weren't replying directly to me, but this is the only explanation I have seen that makes sense. 

• Reply 75 of 75
    jmncljmncl Posts: 42member
    Ahh the putrid stench of desperation. This is what drives people away, Microsoft.