How many have you helped to SWITCH?

jpfjpf
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just realized I have helped Apple this week! I have personally helped 2 people switch. An eMac and an iMac first-time ever Macintosh owners.

So for me its 2 people and damn proud of it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Well done!

I have personally firebombed 15 PC World stores. That sort of counts, doesn't it?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I got a recording engineer that used to work for me to switch. My studio ran on a couple protools rigs, he was running Cool Edit Pro (laff) at his home on his PC. 1 month later he had a G4 with his very own scaled down protools rig. After that, he got his girlfriend to buy an imac for her next year of college. Domino effect i guess.

I also got a friend i knew in college a few years ago to switch to mac for photoshopping (he was already contemplating it, hes in visual arts). Biggest switch though, was my own father switching me.

I dont even remember what kind of hardware it was, but it had winblows 95 and i thought it was the greatest thing ever, of course until my dad brought home a performa 6400/200. Blown away. Thats when i started to get into digital music production. I had old MOTU systems and protools before it was even called protools, you remember THAT? All happy endings .
  • Reply 3 of 9
    ZERO!

Why would I tell people to buy overpriced, underpowered pieces of crap ?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    jpfjpf Posts: 167member
    [quote]Originally posted by HHogan:

<strong>ZERO!

Why would I tell people to buy overpriced, underpowered pieces of crap ?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Simple, time is money. Both of the people that I help switch were sick and tired of crashes, crap not working, trying to figure things out, phone support. Neither one cared about Mhz, actually one of them didn't even know what that meant. They both just wanted it to work. A Mac is the most self-efficient computer than any other.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    [quote]Originally posted by HHogan:

<strong>ZERO!

Why would I tell people to buy overpriced, underpowered pieces of crap ?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Underpowered? Yes.

Overpriced? Maybe.

Piece of Crap? No.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    All my relatives and parents that use me to format their pcs..

I format them .. and show them my ibook..

And tell i won't format again..

And they wont get so much in trouble with a mac...

So maybe 3 to 4 .. the next computer they will buy will be a mac
  • Reply 7 of 9
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    While I haven't convinced anyone to switch from Windows to Mac, I did convince my family not to switch to Windows.

I've also convinced a few people to switch to OS X.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    A lot of times when I tell people to buy Mac and they say they'll think about it they end up not getting a new computer at all.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    jpfjpf Posts: 167member
    I kid you not!

This coming October, I will have helped a 3rd person switch! Get this, he used to be a NT administrator (now sells real estate) and hasn't been in the computer scene for years. He wants me to help him next month and go to the Atlanta store to pick up a new MAC! We've had conversations about Mac/NT/Unix for months and he fell out, when I told him Macs are Unix now.

Okay, that's 3 people I have personally helped in switching. 2 this month, 1 next month. None of them have ever owned a Mac before!

Maybe Apple should have ads for the people who have helped people switch!