Hermes, Apple begin selling exclusive Apple Watch collection online [u]

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited January 2016
Availability of the Apple Watch Herm?s has expanded online, as the French fashion house is now selling its exclusive collection of custom wearables via its website, and Apple has also joined into the fray [updated]

Update: The Apple Watch Herm?s is now available through Apple's website as well.

The full lineup of Herm?s watches are now listed on the company's site with advertised delivery from FedEx in one to ten business days. In-store pickup is not available, with Herm?s referring to the Apple Watch as a "unique product."

The Apple Watch Herm?s arrives in an orange box tied with Apple Watch Herm?s Bolduc ribbon. The purchase come with a 30-day return policy in original condition and packaging, only if the internal white box remains sealed. An Apple Watch that has been paired with an iPhone cannot be returned or exchanged.

Shoppers interested in an AppleCare+ warranty must bring their Apple Watch Herm?s into an Apple Store or visit Apple's website.

The Herm?s collection was announced in September alongside new Apple Watch Sport colors and an expanded lineup of Sport Band options.

The Herm?s package comes with a stainless steel Watch and leather straps designed exclusively for Apple's device. The Single Tour buckle, for example, is a classic wristwatch strap that starts at $1,100, while the Double Tour design wraps around the wrist twice and comes in at $1,250. The most expensive configuration is the $1,500 Cuff, which features a large leather strap and is only available with Apple's 42-millimeter Watch.

Prior to Friday's online launch, the Herm?s lineup was only available at select Apple retail locations, such as Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco, and Toronto. Herm?s also sold the product through its own luxury boutiques.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member
    It's available from Apple, too, but the site is tucked away.

http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch/apple-watch-hermes

anantksundaram
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Can someone explain all the hate around this product? It's not like thousands or even hundreds of Apple engineers were pulled off of other projects to work on this. I don't see why it's so distasteful to some.
    bobschlobpotatoleeksoupanantksundaram
  • Reply 3 of 18
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Can someone explain all the hate around this product? It's not like thousands or even hundreds of Apple engineers were pulled off of other projects to work on this. I don't see why it's so distasteful to some.
    The Watch per se or the €3 worth of leather used to triple the price?
    jetpilot
  • Reply 4 of 18
    cnocbui said:
    See there you awe with the snark. Why?
    anantksundaram
  • Reply 5 of 18
    cnocbui said:
    Because I find the price to be ridiculous and therefore fair game for ridicule.
    jetpilot
  • Reply 6 of 18
    And you being the Crown Prince of Critical Comments don't already know? It's because weak minds are denied the fruits of observation. They substitute fixed ideas for simply looking, or they're merely parroting the propaganda which they were paid to parrot. I'd love to handle these products first-hand to feel the quality of the leather, see the quality of the stitching, examine the buckles, all in coordination with the aesthetics of the stainless steel of the watch, as well as the Hermes watch face. I expect that it would be quite nice, and I wouldn't mind paying the price for one.
    edited January 2016 potatoleeksoupanantksundaram
  • Reply 7 of 18
    cnocbui said:
    I've never understood why people feel the need to ridicule how other people spend their money.
    potatoleeksoupanantksundaramRTCthebmt
  • Reply 8 of 18
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    I've never understood why people feel the need to ridicule how other people spend their money.
    Need to chisel this quote in stone.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member
    It's a $450 premium to the Apple Watch with Classic Band. That's about the price of a replacement Hermes Single Tour band.

In any case, hopefully the Watch 2 Hermes is available at launch. I'll probably order one, and sell my Hermes Watch 1 (but with the band from the Watch 2 - my current band is developing a nice patina).
    edited January 2016 anantksundaram
  • Reply 10 of 18
    cnocbui said:
    Sour grapes because they can not afford it and are sore because of that. Or immature people acting smugly superior to make themselves feel smarter. Or people being too dense to grasp that everyone has different values. But yeah I don't get it either. Some people like fancy cars, some collect guitars, some travel around the world. Who cares! If you have some extra dollars available, have fun with life. Though if some owner flaunts their purchase and acts like a d**che, then yeah, F that guy.
    anantksundaramthebmt
  • Reply 11 of 18
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    kpom said:
    It's a $450 premium to the Apple Watch with Classic Band. That's about the price of a replacement Hermes Single Tour band.

In any case, hopefully the Watch 2 Hermes is available at launch. I'll probably order one, and sell my Hermes Watch 1 (but with the band from the Watch 2 - my current band is developing a nice patina).
    I would imagine that the Hermes Watch has potentially gone on sale online at this point for one main reason -- Apple wants to clear out the inventory in anticipation of the 2nd Gen Watch in three months. At which point they will not be able to sell the Hermes 1st Gen watch at the current premium. When the Gen 2 Watch comes out, I expect the current Hermes Watch to immediately be unavailable. They might seamlessly transition to the 2nd Gen watch using the same bands, but even if they don't that's enough to drive demand for the eventual release, from those who wish they had bought the Hermes Gen 1 before it was discontinued.

I fully expect Apple will continue selling the Gen 1 Watch at a discounted rate, probably only the Sport, and maybe a couple of stainless models, while discontinuing the Edition, and replacing it with the Gen 2 Edition (I'm actually surprised it's still being offered at all). While Gen 2 gets a new Sport, and stainless collection, Gen 1 gets a couple of "classic" base models and a way for Apple to liquidate the bands (especially if they are incompatible).

• Reply 12 of 18
    It is damn beautiful. 
  • Reply 13 of 18
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,301member
    Let me know when a Patek Philippe Apple Watch becomes available. That's real luxury.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    bluefire1 said:
    Let me know when a Patek Philippe Apple Watch becomes available. That's real luxury.
    What a ludicrous post. 

Luxury is is in the eyes of the beholder. 
  • Reply 15 of 18
    cnocbui said:
    Perhaps because 'some' people choose to communicate to others how they spend their money, and do so in such a way that is clear they believe their choices reflect an innate  personal superiority.

Exhibit A:

chrise said:
    thrang said:
    Hopefully they will eventually sell the bands separately, as my wife already has a Watch but likes the double wrap band...
    Amazon has double wrap bands for about $30. I bought 2 leather bands and 2 sport rubber bands for about $65 total. Rubber are exactly like apple ones and leather are great. I switch depending on what I'm wearing. Couldn't be happier, quality is much better than you'd think. 

thrang said:
    Thanks - I wouldn't mind but my wife is in the fashion industry so knock offs don't cut it...

edited January 2016
  • Reply 16 of 18
    cnocbui said:
    Perhaps because 'some' people choose to communicate to others how they spend their money, and do so in such a way that is clear they believe their choices reflect an innate  personal superiority.

Exhibit A:

If you chose to get butthurt by that fine. I couldn't care less.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    cnocbui said:

Exhibit A:

If you chose to get butthurt by that fine. I couldn't care less.
    No but-hurt here.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    I don't understand the need for all those shadows on the model's arm. She looked like one of those fighters from Street Fighter II.