Confirmed: Apple Store King of Prussia Opening in November

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
You guys won't believe this. I got a call from Apple today asking me if I was interested in a sales position at the new store. The lady said it would be opening in the beginning of Novemeber.

I'm not sure I'll get back to her. I am a full time teacher making 40K a year now. I doubt I could match that...what do you think? It is a sales associate position.....full time (part time available as well).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    Alright fellas, we have a date!

So let's start making those 'AI King of Prussia meet' plans.

First, who's going?

Second, we going anywhere afterwards (food/drink etc...)?

I'm there, who's with me?
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Cool. Right next to StarBucks.

[ 09-20-2002: Message edited by: popstar92 ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 17
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by SDW2001:

<strong>You guys won't believe this. I got a call from Apple today asking me if I was interested in a sales position at the new store. The lady said it would be opening in the beginning of Novemeber.

I'm not sure I'll get back to her. I am a full time teacher making 40K a year now. I doubt I could match that...what do you think? It is a sales associate position.....full time (part time available as well).</strong><hr></blockquote>

If you can, why don't you work there part-time after school?
  • Reply 4 of 17
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I'd be more than happy to take your place. But where the hell is King of Prussia???
  • Reply 5 of 17
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I live in ephrata PA, 30min from harrisburgh, i'm going for the opening, who else will be there?
  • Reply 6 of 17

<strong>You guys won't believe this. I got a call from Apple today asking me if I was interested in a sales position at the new store. The lady said it would be opening in the beginning of Novemeber.

I'm not sure I'll get back to her. I am a full time teacher making 40K a year now. I doubt I could match that...what do you think? It is a sales associate position.....full time (part time available as well).</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why did apple contact you...i want to work there (granted i live 1hr away...how do they know you, damn i want to work at an apple store!)
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Well I'll be there opening day for sure.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    I applied for the job via their web site.

King of Prussia, PA is West of Philly, near Valley Forge.

PA turnpike to 202. Nightmare construction right now.

I thought about working part time....I'm thinking about it. I haven't called them yet.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Why can't they build one in Harrisburg? I don't have time to drive to Philly and there's no way I can work there. Should have opened a store at the Gettysburg Outlets that opened a couple years back (1-2). That's not too bad of a drive. I think there's already a GAP there so it'd be somewhat repetative.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    This is funny. I lived in huntingdon valley, pa (20 minutes from king of prussia) my entire life, and as soon as apple started opening retail stores, i waited and waited for one near me. i graduated and moved down here to miami to work at a studio here and what does apple do, finally opens a store in the philly area. God damnet. But its alright, im 20 minutes away from the Falls apple store now. Still havent made the trip yet though, will soon!
  • Reply 11 of 17
    I'll be there!!!!

I live in Bethlehem (west of Allentown). I think the closest one is in Short Hills. Finally a store at a decent place.

• Reply 12 of 17
    how about they open one in ephrata, ill drop out of school so they can keep it open 24/7

ok ok, at least lancaster or harrisburgh (lancaster would be cooler cuz its easier to get too...or perhaps reading?)
  • Reply 13 of 17
    King of Purssia is better. It is a major metro area.... a very upscale mall. I grew up in Lancaster.....perhaps there but not in Reading. Even Lancaster is to small a market.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    Still no sign of that Portland, OR store. When, oh when Apple? Sigh.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    I live in Scranton! (damn, just realized that is 3 hours away)
  • Reply 16 of 17

<strong> Even Lancaster is to small a market.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, all those damn Amish!! If you're Amish than YOU SUCK! hehehe....see its funny cause they can't ever read this! Get it? Oh nevermind.

• Reply 17 of 17
    Willoughboy:

A hearty LOL to your post.....yes I know it is a joke. Just some facts though:

1. The Amish popluation in Lancaster County is approximately 2%.

2. Amish can read....I'm pretty sure, anyway.

3. Amish do, in fact, smell bad. Honest to God.

4. Getting stuck behind a buggy is a PAIN IN THE ASS.

5. Lancaster area (and some Chester County areas Wal Marts have Buggy barns for them to park in while they shop. For what, I don't know.

6. Did I mention the smell?

7. If you visit Lancaster please don't ask anyone if they are Amish. When you see an Amish person, you will know.

8. The best time to see Amish is on Sunday, as they travel to church.

9. There are a whole lotta people named Stauffer and Stoltzfus there.

10. Lancaster City is a major drug hub for the East Coast.

Anyway, Lancaster is quite Suburban now....sorta like parts of Jersey 20 years ago. I still don't think it is big enough though.

KOP is the way for me!