'iPhone 7' might replace 3.5mm headphone jack with second speaker, analysts say

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    lkrupp said:
    I already use my Beats Solo2 Wireless headphones with my iPhone 6 so I don’t care if the iPhone 7 has that 100+ year old jack technology or not.

Love that period advertisement!
  • Reply 22 of 35
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,905member
    Apple should first introduce such concept of removing 3.5mm audio jack and replace with lightening audio jack earbud usage in ipad air 3. This allows to test water with user's reaction which could be great with better audio before making such changes in iphone 7. I would say do both(3.5.mm jack but package contains/replace earbud with lightening version) in ipad air 3 and see over time what users like.
    edited February 2016
  • Reply 23 of 35
    croprcropr Posts: 1,122member
    rob55 said:
    mac_128 said:
    This is the dumbest rumor yet. I'm all for removing the 3.5mm headphone jack unless it's for this. The quality of a speaker that small, and the lack of spatial separation makes this all but pointless for the customer. Barclay's is just speculating, and doing so badly. Did they bother to consult with any audio engineers first?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The stereo separation at 2" is going to be mind blowing! 
    I have a moto G with stereo speakers, roughly 4.5 inches apart from each other.  One can clearly here the stereo effect.  If I compare the sound quality of the moto G speakers with the  to the internal speaker of my iPhone 6, the latter sounds like a piece of crap (but don't worry, the speaker is the only component that is worse)
    edited February 2016
  • Reply 24 of 35
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    SEngineer said:
    Is that mean we won't be able to recharge iPhone while listening to music? And bluetooth headphones means they need recharging too, its getting harder to listen to music?
    do you seriously listen to music with wired headphones while it is also charging? that is stupidest thing ive ever heard. the phone lasts all fucking day and charges to full in about 40 minutes. you dont need to use it while charging. gtfo. thank god people like you dont run the show. 
  • Reply 25 of 35
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    pmz said:
    SEngineer said:
    Is that mean we won't be able to recharge iPhone while listening to music? And bluetooth headphones means they need recharging too, its getting harder to listen to music?
    do you seriously listen to music with wired headphones while it is also charging? that is stupidest thing ive ever heard. the phone lasts all fucking day and charges to full in about 40 minutes. you dont need to use it while charging. gtfo. thank god people like you dont run the show. 
    Plane.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    pmz said:
    SEngineer said:
    R u stupid, its a flexibility and u cant say no one needs it, and there r many people recharge their iphone atleast 3 times a day. and many of them use powerbanks while they r not at home.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    pmz said:
    SEngineer said:
    THAT is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Why should someone HAVE to stop listening to their music, news, podcasts whatever, they way they want, to charge their phone. What fucking idiocy. That's just dumbass thinking right there. What dumbfck thinks that they way they do something is the way it had to be for everybody else. I hope the fuck you haven't and don't contribute to the gene pool. GTFU.

SEngineer
  • Reply 28 of 35
    lkrupp said:
    I already use my Beats Solo2 Wireless headphones with my iPhone 6 so I don’t care if the iPhone 7 has that 100+ year old jack technology or not.

But if you want to use your wireless Beats and answer/make calls, don't you need to plug in the RemoteTalk cable?
  • Reply 29 of 35
    Blaster said:
    Why does the iPhone 5s have 2 speakers but the iPhone 6 does not?  Why was the headphone jack moved to the bottom of the phone when it was previously on top?
    The iPhone 5s only has one speaker- the "grill" near the headphone socket is the microphone. 
  • Reply 30 of 35
    This article makes it sound like noise cancelation or multiple microphones is something new. 

iPhone 4, in 2010, added a second microphone for active noise cancelation. iPhone 5 from 2012, and all iPhones since then have three microphones. One by the receiver / ear piece. One by the camera on the back. One at the base near the Lightning port. 
  • Reply 31 of 35
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    hungover said:
    lkrupp said:

But if you want to use your wireless Beats and answer/make calls, don't you need to plug in the RemoteTalk cable?
    I don't have Beats, but my bluetooth headphones can take calls, and have an onboard microphone, and can also activate Siri for hands-free dialling.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    1983 said:
    Love that period advertisement!
    Historic tampons were weird.
    dasanman69bestkeptsecret
  • Reply 33 of 35
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    mac fan said:
    pmz said:
    THAT is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Why should someone HAVE to stop listening to their music, news, podcasts whatever, they way they want, to charge their phone. 

Thank goodness, they don't, since there is such a thing as WIRELESS. 

But a better question is why shouldn't they? You're just used to the current standard that was delivered to you. In the future you'll be used to that current standard. In 10 years the brats like you will say "WHAT DO YOU MEAN you used to have to put the phone down for a few minutes while it charged?"
  • Reply 34 of 35
    It is confirmed. Check out these EarPods with lighting connector instead of a headphone jack. http://eldartech.com/news/apple-earpods-with-lightning-port-leaked-in-china
  • Reply 35 of 35
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    pmz said:
    Thank goodness, they don't, since there is such a thing as WIRELESS. 
    Bluetooth hisses. Wires don’t.