After citing $53M in personal debt, Kanye West begs fans to subscribe to Tidal

Comments

• Reply 21 of 73
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    ireland said:
    He must be bipolar.
    I would have said he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  Whatever it is, he is utterly repellent.
    edited February 2016 1983cornchip
  • Reply 22 of 73
    damonfdamonf Posts: 229member
    I respect many (not all) of the artists who signed up for Tidal, but I think it wasn't smart to try to create a music streaming service in an already crowded market (considered a commodity market at that, by most music consumers) with the likes of Apple, Spotify, and Rhapsody. 
  • Reply 23 of 73
    A shining example of the Millennial mindset. If you want to read some really weird stuff, read the series of tweets that follow his $53 million in debt tweet. He's a laughable idiot.
    Honest to god. How embarrassing. Does this idiot not have a a publicist ?
  • Reply 24 of 73
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    jakeb said:

"All you dudes in San Fran play rap music in your homes but never help the real artists..." West wrote in a series of tweets. "You'd rather open up one school in Africa like you really helped the country... if you want to help... help me."

I hope he's got some secret philanthropic plans because otherwise this really sounds pretty ridiculous. 
    Just about everything out of his mouth sounds pretty ridiculous.   I'm readily willing to admit that both from an age and cultural perspective, rap and hip-hop are not my thing, and in some respects, I'm like my parents'  generation when it came to rock and r&b, but every time I see this guy, I want to vomit.   Anyone who gets themselves $52 million in debt is living at the height of irresponsibility.   But different strokes for different folks and all that and there are obviously people who love this guy.    Why?  I have absolutely no idea.   On SNL, with his pants falling down (hasn't that gone out of style yet?) he looked like a clown to me.   

With stupid quotes like the one above, he's the Donald Trump of rap.   
    cali1983
  • Reply 25 of 73
    A shining example of the Millennial mindset. If you want to read some really weird stuff, read the series of tweets that follow his $53 million in debt tweet. He's a laughable idiot.
    A shining example of old person mindset, or "young people are so stupid".  This guy is almost 40 and not a Millennial.  Running up huge amounts of debt are the hallmarks of the Baby Boomers and Gen X.  Your generations literally caused the banking system to collapse from all of your irresponsible debt resulting in a massive government bailout scheme all while the Millennial generation was too young to even get a credit card.  In other words, go f yourself.
    nolamacguybostonrob
  • Reply 26 of 73
    That quote asking for money from "San Fran" people can't be serious.  That is the most pathetic, self-centered, begging I have ever heard.  He's made millions of dollars on his music and still feels entitled to more, in spite of his pathetic inability to manage his own money.  It's always someone else's fault.  

The only word I can think of is pathetic.  
  • Reply 27 of 73
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    linkman said:
    West is probably a lot richer than anyone on this forum (discounting debts like this which he'll likely never have to pay back) and where did he get most of his money from? People like those in San Fran playing and buying rap music. If he's a real artist then he has been raised up on the shoulders of his fans. They are the ones shoveling money into his pockets.

$53 million in debt with a bad business model -- I'm glad I'm not one of his creditors. I listened to one of his songs one time that I know of -- I thought it was terrible and suspect he's hiding a lack of talent behind significant autotuning (linkman's opinion and I'll admit I can't sing either).

It's hard to feel sorry for him.
    That song you heard was from his autotune album which he used in creative ways, he doesn't use it often. Some o his music is good.

"You'd rather open up one school in Africa like you really helped the country... if you want to help... help me."

Wow. That makes me wanna cancel my Tidal subscription instead. 
    That was really disrespectful. He's probably gonna end up apologizing again like he did the other day(after talking sh** about fellow rapper Wiz Khalifa).

Anyone see the chart that says Spotify is worth 1.5 Billion more the entire recorded music industry? Sounds like straight BS!!!

• Reply 28 of 73
    "You'd rather open up one school in Africa like you really helped the country... if you want to help... help me."

Wow. That makes me wanna cancel my Tidal subscription instead. 
    Do it.  He's suggesting that sending him money is a better form of charity than helping build schools where kids could never even dream of 53 million dollars.

You wanna support a guy like that?
    duervo
  • Reply 29 of 73
    "You'd rather open up one school in Africa like you really helped the country... if you want to help... help me." Africa is not a country!
    lostkiwiduervo
  • Reply 30 of 73
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Kanye is shallow, has no style, and sings off key... The Donald Trump of rap.
  • Reply 31 of 73
    thrang said:
    This is hilarious...
    Obama was right on this at least, West is a 'jackass.'
    cali
  • Reply 32 of 73
    creek0512 said:
    A shining example of old person mindset, or "young people are so stupid".  This guy is almost 40 and not a Millennial.  Running up huge amounts of debt are the hallmarks of the Baby Boomers and Gen X.  Your generations literally caused the banking system to collapse from all of your irresponsible debt resulting in a massive government bailout scheme all while the Millennial generation was too young to even get a credit card.  In other words, go f yourself.
    Oh, man. You're right... he's 38. Which indicates he's even dumber than I thought.

Also, "my generation" didn't cause the financial collapse (that was the Baby Boomers, aka Clinton, generation). My generation (at least some of us) actively protested and voted against the policies leading up to and following and I sure as hell didn't vote for Obama (or McCain or Romney, for that matter).

Kanye West is still a dummy.
    edited February 2016 lostkiwi
  • Reply 33 of 73
    mj web said:
    Except Trump is a billionaire and Kanye West is still an untalented hack.
    buzdots
  • Reply 34 of 73
    Out of this entire article, the biggest joke here is rap in lossless audio.   Most of those guys don't even understand what dynamic range is...

As for Yeezy...I smell desperation.  Cant wait till he and the rest of the jackass family he is part of sinks finally. 
  • Reply 35 of 73
    Did he really say "dudes in San Fran" .... he'll be calling it "Frisco" next.
  • Reply 36 of 73
    Kanye West: A legend in his own mind.
  • Reply 37 of 73
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    How does one spend $53 MM let alone go into that much debt. What a fool. Good riddance. 
  • Reply 38 of 73
    Wow, I didn't know there was a country called Africa.
  • Reply 39 of 73
    lukeilukei Posts: 379member
    mj web said:
    Except Trump is a billionaire and Kanye West is still an untalented hack.
    A Billionaire that inherited his money and lost it. Would have been better off investing it in a tracking fund
    caliduervo
  • Reply 40 of 73
    Kind of hard to feel sorry for a loud mouthed prick selling $455 t-shirts. I wish this clown would just disappear. Kanye's music is nothing but autotune garbage. 
    edited February 2016 SpamSandwich