Kanye swears his new album will never come to Apple Music or iTunes

Comments

• Reply 61 of 92
    That is wonderful news. Now maybe I'll sign up.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 62 of 92
    Some please help me out. Who's Kanye West?
    A dildo.
  • Reply 63 of 92
    Who cares?
    williamlondon
  • Reply 64 of 92
    charles1 said:
    What an idiot. His tidal app IS "on Apple." I just checked, a pirated copy of his album is already available via Torrent. But it's never going to be on any of MY computers.

Apparently Kanye thinks he's as smart as Steve Jobs. Maybe he should read Jobs' famous essay "Thoughts on Music" that points out why it is futile to try to lock customers to a platform, like Kanye wants. And it points out that if piracy is easier than buying a legitimate copy, people will pirate it.
    If anyone deserves to have his album pirated it's this clown. Also this validates my decision to never try Tidal.
    edited February 2016 williamlondonSpamSandwich
  • Reply 65 of 92
    Claims to be tougher than a Navy Seal. A Seal would scrape West off the bottom of his shoe.
    cornchip
  • Reply 66 of 92
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,056member
    Without piling on to the "who's Kenny?" comments, perhaps something of substance to ponder:

Presuming Kenny actually fixed something in tangible medium at some point. the actual ownership of that property could be (as with any such author) interesting. Kenny claims he has some personal control about who can have a property interest in that recording, and I wonder if that is true. Presumably Tidal has some sort of license, as does perhaps whoever might be producing CDs. I wonder if those licensing agreement have exclusivity, non-assignment, or require his personal approval to convey. And of course, what happens to that property when he dies? 

When Tidal goes banko, that license is an asset under control of the trustee, and s/he is required by law to obtain maximum value for the creditors. Meaning...
    icoco3cornchip
  • Reply 67 of 92
    Graduation forever. Good luck thinking you're a deity, Kanye.
  • Reply 68 of 92
    That's good because I don't want to buy or listen to it anyways.
  • Reply 69 of 92
    Every time I think he couldn't be more of a loser, he steps it up a notch.
    SpamSandwichcornchip
  • Reply 70 of 92
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    Claims to be tougher than a Navy Seal. A Seal wouldn't scrape West off the bottom of his shoe.
    Fixed it for ya....
    buzdots
  • Reply 71 of 92
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    Would he even be known if it weren't for the fact he married Kim K?
  • Reply 72 of 92
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    icoco3 said:
    Would he even be known if it weren't for the fact he married Kim K?
    Ok who is Kayne and who is Kim K?  These sound like characters out of a Batman comic!  On second thoughts don't worry, I got this far without knowing!  ;)
    williamlondondasanman69icoco3
  • Reply 73 of 92
    koopkoop Posts: 337member
    No such thing as bad publicity guys. Everyone calling him names over the past couple days have achieved what he wanted which was that you're talking about his album and Tidal.

• Reply 74 of 92
    This guy is a talentless tool.  Him and his hooka wife need to move to Cuba or something.
  • Reply 75 of 92
    Taylor Swift made that d¡¢k famous a while back. He hasn't been able to keep it going. 
  • Reply 76 of 92
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    koop said:
    No such thing as bad publicity guys. Everyone calling him names over the past couple days have achieved what he wanted which was that you're talking about his album and Tidal.

A co-worker and I have this debate all the time. She claims that the advertising worked because I was humming the jingle or because I became aware of the product. I claim that it failed because it didn't make go out and buy said product. Ditto here. We may be talking about the asshat's new album, or about Tidal, but I seriously doubt a single one of us would buy the album or sign up for Tidal just to listen to it. 
    braderunnercornchip
  • Reply 77 of 92
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Awesome!

Kanye West is a huge douchebag and only douchebags listen to the crap that he makes.

If he ever wins any sort of undeserved award in the future, then somebody (preferably a female) definitely needs to bum rush the stage, steal the mic, and humiliate that asshat.

He claimed that he was 58 million in debt the other day? Good! He should go get a job at McDonalds, though he might not possess the talent or be qualified for such a position.

Kanye West makes Martin Shkreli seem like a nice guy in comparison.
    edited February 2016 braderunner
  • Reply 78 of 92
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    koop said:

Talking is cheap, buying is what matters and unless his followers (or potential ones) pony up a subscription, or actually get the Benjamins out more than they would otherwise it is useless.

So, in a "get out the vote/cash" way, this PR is good, but in getting people to buy that otherwise wouldn't, it's BAD.

Kayne is now seen as a hard core moron even in most the black community. He's not the only artist out there. There are actually quite a few intelligent ones that are not total idiots.
    cornchip
  • Reply 79 of 92
    I wonder if he's getting paid for free listeners like Taylor Swift (and everyone else) did with Apple Music. 
  • Reply 80 of 92
    I'm sure I'll got stomped on, but I just want to point out that although Kanye may be fairly reprehensible, as an artist he is still at the top of his game. Just because you don't like his music doesn't make it "bad", it's just not your taste.

Solid or even rave reviews from Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, AV Club, Pitchfork, New York Times, etc. all attest to that.