New 4" iPhone predicted to drive $5.5B in new sales for Apple in 2016

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    giles said:
    Am I the only one longing for the return for a 3.5-inch screen? Is "compact" or "pocket sized" that bad?
    It's not the size of the screen, it's the size of the phone. A 4" screen will fit in the same size case of a 4S, if Apple can engineer it correctly.

Whether Apple does that or not, I seriously doubt they will change the ratio of their screens. And personally speaking, no I'm not longing for a 3.5" screen. Would I prefer a phone the size of the 4S? Yes. But the 5S is close enough, and if Apple can't do it now, I'm sure eventually they will -- the goal I suspect being to eliminate those bezels completely. More important to me, and likely most people, is the width of the phone, not necessarily the height.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    mac_128 said:
    It's not the size of the screen, it's the size of the phone. A 4" screen will fit in the same size case of a 4S, if Apple can engineer it correctly.
    Even better of course :) When you put a 5S next to a 4S it looks pretty feasible.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    iPhone will definitely reach it's first target from the release date of first month.