Fourth betas of iOS 9.3, OS X 10.11.4 issued to Apple's public testers

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple on Tuesday provided members of its public beta testing programs with pre-release builds of both iOS 9.3 and OS X 10.11.4, a day after the fourth betas were provided to developers.

iOS 9.3 beta 4 can now be accessed by public beta program members through Software Update on a registered device. Likewide, OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 beta 4 is available through the Mac App Store on a registered Mac.

The latest betas arrived less than two weeks after public testers were provided the third build. Registered developers received the fourth betas one day earlier, on Monday.

iOS 9.3 beta 4 is identified as build 13E5214d, and OS X 10.11.4 is 15E49a.

iOS 9.3 brings with it a number of new features, notably the sleep-enhancing Night Shift mode. The iPad gains multi-user login for educational customers, while Music, CarPlay, and Health have also received some attention.

AppleInsider also detailed last week how the forthcoming update will allow third-party apps to match songs to an Apple Music user's iCloud Music Library directly from the device.

OS X 10.11.4 includes a handful of new features, like individually encrypted items in Notes, and support for displaying iPhone 6s Live Photos in Messages. It also patches a bug related to opening links on Twitter via Apple's Safari browser.

Not part of Tuesday's release are watchOS 2.2 or tvOS 9.2, as neither the Apple Watch nor the fourth-generation Apple TV are part of Apple's public beta program.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Public Beta 1 and 2, of v9.3, chewed through my battery life, on my iPad Air 2 AND on my iPhone 6s.
    Battery would not last ~4 hours, with the iPhone doing absolutely nothing. Just sitting idle overnight.

Public Beta 3 fixed all that, and my battery life on both devices, had never, ever, been better!!
    Amazing battery life for sure.

I just installed Public Beta 4, and I'm praying battery life remains as good as Public Beta 3, or better  B)
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I hope this fixes the disappearing clock 
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Public Beta 1 and 2, of v9.3, chewed through my battery life, on my iPad Air 2 AND on my iPhone 6s.
    Battery would not last ~4 hours, with the iPhone doing absolutely nothing. Just sitting idle overnight.

Public Beta 3 fixed all that, and my battery life on both devices, had never, ever, been better!!
    Amazing battery life for sure.

I just installed Public Beta 4, and I'm praying battery life remains as good as Public Beta 3, or better  B)
    Sorry, I installed it and only looking at my screen already drains my battery in minutes. Hope you have more luck. Previous beta was much better as far as battery goes. Only glitch I had was a disappearing clock now and then. Let me know how your experience is...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    UPDATE:
    The battery life on my iPhone 6s, post v9.3 Public Beta 4, continues to be amazing.
    Same on my iPad Air 2

I have used every single iPhone model, upgrading annually, since the 3G,
    and I can honestly say, I have never seen battery life, as good as this. Period.

Goes to show me that an efficient OS, along with a powerful & efficient CPU,
    goes a long way towards maximizing current iPhone battery technology.

Good job Apple !!!