Mac question...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have a question that I would like answered:

Can I buy an iPod under the education setting on the Apple Store on <a href="http://www.apple.com,"; target="_blank">www.apple.com,</a> if I am a high school student?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    no
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Yes, when you become a college student.

Are you good friends with a teacher???
  • Reply 3 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Even though I've always known high school students couldn't, why can't high school students buy stuff with the education discount? We're students too!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by smithjoel:

<strong>Yes, when you become a college student.

Are you good friends with a teacher???</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah, if you can talk to the computer teacher at all, even if they dont like apple, you can probably get them to buy you the iPod with the edu discount... remember that you will still ahve to pay taxes (if there are taxes in your state) and so the $30 you save will probably go to that anyway... you are better off getting one from a mail order place that isnt from your state... you will probably pay the same amount and wont have to bother a teacher...

hth paul
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Can my Mum get educational discounts if she works as an assistant in a school?

Andrew

Why was I not informed about these things while she was at college?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    Well when I go into the Apple Store under education and pick my school and all that, I can go in and it will let me order the iPod for less but will they send it if I am just a student?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Hmm, I'm not terribly sure how Apple makes sure that the person who orders the computer is a student of that school... I didn't have to fill out any forms or anything for my ipod or computer... so, just pick a local college and ship it to your address :cool:
  • Reply 8 of 8
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    I ordered an iPod on edu price - I'm 17 so I'm not really eligible, but I ordered it anyway (I think the fact I have a VISA card in my name helped) and it worked.

Amorya