San Bernardino shooter's iPhone may hold evidence of 'dormant cyber pathogen,' DA says

Comments

• Reply 41 of 116

That expression on the face... I know it well... it was the expression  Steven Sinofsky had when he was demoing the Microsoft Surface.
    rogue cheddarcornchip
  • Reply 42 of 116
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    ah, the old "we believe it may contain weapons of mass destruction" angle. Damn it.. He's good.
    edited March 2016 lostkiwijeff_cookbaconstanghydrogensomehumanbeing@aol.comstompymagman1979sdrlscornchip
  • Reply 43 of 116
    So, is the after-work unicorn hunt still on?
    cornchip
  • Reply 44 of 116
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    WTF!!!!!! The amount of shit from the DA is out of this world; it's a dark sun cloaking event!
    magman1979
  • Reply 45 of 116
    cloud9ine said:
    I had a flat tire and the dog ate my spare tire !
    That's more in line with the dog ate the car and then threw up Ben Laden reincarnate, so lets nuke all dogs from orbit to protect the free world.
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 46 of 116
    So, it has a malware ? On an Iphone, not possible ;-).
    MAybe he's thinking of own Android phone.

Also, anyone with that much access to this office could have planted 50 different things and if finding them out is dependent on access to this phone, even though they ddin't need it to do the hack, well they're screwed anyway.

It's funny how by their description those terrorists are both master hackers and cyber idiots at the same time.
    This dissonnance doesn't phase them AT ALL.
    edited March 2016 cornchip
  • Reply 47 of 116
    jameskatt2jameskatt2 Posts: 720member
    This DA is delusional. Totally crazy.
    cornchip
  • Reply 48 of 116
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    Apple: "Um, why didn't you just take the phone to the office and let it backup to iCloud?"
    FBI: "Uhhh... Well it could have a dormant cyber pathogen on it. Yeah, that's it..."
    Apple: "Ummmm... What?"
    FBI: "Yeah, you know... So we changed the Apple ID password too..."
    Apple: "You guys can't possibly be this retarded..."
    baconstangsomehumanbeing@aol.comai46jfc1138magman1979cornchip
  • Reply 49 of 116
    fallenjt said:
    I'd rather believe a pig can fly than this bs matter. Seriously, what hole was this guy coming from?
    does he have an election to fight in november?

If so then AFAIK, that gives him carte-blance to make all sorts of silly statements in order to bamboozle the voters. This is SOP for just about every politician on the planet btw.

sdrlscornchip
  • Reply 50 of 116
    I heard that the phone actually has pictures of Bigfoot
    As well photos of the "real killers" of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson, the ex-wife of O. J. Simpson. Reportedly the iPhone also contains close up photos of UFOs. a map of the locations of Judge Crater's body and Jimmy Hoffa's final location.

My recommendation would be to cryogenically freeze this iPhone next to where Walt Disney's frozen head is stored until science progresses to where it can be safely unlocked as part of a middle school class project 100 years in the future.

ewtheckmancornchipbadmonk
  • Reply 51 of 116
    buzdots said:
    Everybody knows the abbreviation for District Attorney,
    Uhh...was that the brief description of a cool teen's hair cut in the 1950s?
  • Reply 52 of 116
    Urei1620Urei1620 Posts: 88member
    And here I thought that the phone contained the location of a nuclear bomb. I feel relieved now...
    wetlanderstompycornchip
  • Reply 53 of 116
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,315member
    Urei1620 said:
    And here I thought that the phone contained the location of a nuclear bomb. I feel relieved now...
    Three of them within 1/2 mile of your house set to explode every 24 hours and on christmas day.

• Reply 54 of 116
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,105member
    brakken said:
    If there is a pathogen in it, throw it in the fire before it spreads! The whole of San Bernadino could be in trouble!
    Too late......
  • Reply 55 of 116
    San Bernardino County's IT folks are all hiding under their desks doing facepalms.
    cornchip
  • Reply 56 of 116
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,702member
    So...

this guy says the phone

MAY

POSSIBLY

PERHAPS

contain...

malware.

Sounds like he needs to go after the Google Play Store instead.

Seriously. 

they are just fishing for ANYTHING now. Make believe or not.
    cornchip
  • Reply 57 of 116
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member
    dws-2 said:
    It's hard to take the government's side seriously when this tripe is coming out. I want to believe that they're just trying to catch criminals, but obvious (to me, at least) scare tactics make me question their motives.

Dormant = not active. It sounds ominous, but really means nothing. In fact, it's better than it's inactive than it is active.
    Cyber = internet or web. Again, choosing a more ominous word for something common.
    Pathogen = virus or worm. Again, a pretty common thing with a very ominous name.

So dormant cyber pathogen = computer virus.

So all the statement says is that there might be an inactive computer virus on the phone. That sounds odd, too, but at least it's something we've all had to deal with. From "dormant cyber virus", we're meant to let our imaginations fill in the ominous sounding words with doomsday scenarios like taking down the power grid or something.
    Exactly, except the idiot DA forgot to check why iPhones never get viruses. Maybe his jerko-buddies at the FBI can man-splain it to him.
    somehumanbeing@aol.comcornchip
  • Reply 58 of 116
    Ramos has to do something or risk becoming irrelevant.  He's not up for re-election till 2018... maybe he's preening for The Donald.
  • Reply 59 of 116
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member

C'mon really? Noooo body? That's actually good because I too like a good laugh at the interactions of government, but it is made up of people who are less than perfect like me, like you too... but I do believe that when it comes to clear terrorism, and the death of innocents, we all agree there's Nothing to laugh at for these victims, those in Paris, Turkey, and around the world. It is an equal opportunity destroyer, and must be stopped by us all, in how we act, what we say, and ultimately how we think... because all actions first happen in the mind. So peace to you all, thanks for playin', be safe, and take care of each other...;O
    How about we stop 'our' western nations from invading other countries to grab their resources, murdering however many thousands - even one person is too many! - thereby putting an end to the creation of terrorism? Huh? 

Well?

And 'we' start making reparations! Yes - because it's the right thing to do.

if you truly believe terrorism must be stopped, how about focussing on the cause, and not the red-herring, panic-inducing fearmongering of those who obviously have a vested interest in destroying a threat to their power.
    sdrlskiltedgreen
  • Reply 60 of 116
    It looks like the "dormant cyber pathogen" has already undergone computer to human transfer. That is the most plausible reason why the DA is hopping mad. His blood stream is full of this "cyber pathogen"!