Apple plans to 'loop you in' at March 21 event with expected new 4" iPhone, 9.7" iPad

Comments

• Reply 21 of 77
    loop = halo effect?
    ai46
  • Reply 22 of 77
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    Going forward the FBI will be automatically added to your contacts and cannot be removed.
    ceek74radarthekat
  • Reply 23 of 77
    staticx57staticx57 Posts: 405member
    volcan said:
    Going forward the FBI will be automatically added to your contacts and cannot be removed.
    As if this is a Google or Microsoft presentation.
  • Reply 24 of 77
    josujosu Posts: 217member
    Continuing their time-honored tradition of ignoring grammar conventions, I see.

“Let us bring you in the loop” would be better, but that would imply a visit to the new campus.
    I don't know in English but in Spanish grammar is flexible in poetry and slogans.
  • Reply 25 of 77

“Let us bring you in the loop” would be better, but that would imply a visit to the new campus.

To be to be grammatically correct, you'd use the word 'into' rather then just 'in.'
    Okay.  :D
    ai46pscooter63radarthekatanantksundaram
  • Reply 26 of 77
    josujosu Posts: 217member
    To me the design and phrase are more centered in Apple Watch than in other things, Yes the colors can be of the phone, but also of the watch and there are other color that perfectly can be new band color.
    levi
  • Reply 27 of 77
    josu said:

I don't know in English but in Spanish grammar is flexible in poetry and slogans.
    So is English, and I'm considered a grammar nazi.
    ai46
  • Reply 28 of 77
    Eric_WVGG said:
    aar123mcl said:
    Bringing back the wrist loops from the iPod touch to the new iPhone???
    Doubtful, but too bad, those things were totes adorbs

• Reply 29 of 77
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    To be to be grammatically correct, you'd use the word 'into' rather then just 'in.’
    Yes! That’s it. I knew there was something that didn’t feel right about my correction. Thanks.

alpacatje said:
    A new thunderbolt display would be more than welcome imltho (in my less than humble opinion)
    A 5K (not what it really is) Thunderbolt Display as thin as the iMac (seriously, how is JUST A DISPLAY thicker than an entire computer) would be spectacular.

sog35 said:
    language and grammar changes with time. get current sweetie.
    The pasſage of time can shove a fork whence it came. There’s grammar and then there’s an abomination thereof.
    And yes, that’s a long s.  ;) You may remember it from such documents as the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
    edited March 2016 dasanman69
  • Reply 30 of 77
    sog35 said:
    Apple should consider leaving the USA.

About 15% of Apple's profits comes for the USA.  About $7.5 billion a year.

Apple makes about $42.5 billion in profits outside the USA.
    If Apple brings that money back to the USA they would have to pay 40% tax.
    The foreign tax rate is about 15%.

So if Apple went out of the USA they would save over $10 billion on taxes a year (pay 15% tax rate in foreign countries instead of 40% USA/Cali tax rate)

They should move their operations to Africa and just hire starving babies. Think how much they'd save!
    singularity
  • Reply 31 of 77
    sog35 said:
    Apple will announce they are going private and will move out of the USA.
    Designed in Baja California
  • Reply 32 of 77
    You're a loop of lazy lightning
  • Reply 33 of 77
    runbuhrunbuh Posts: 315member

Loop in - transitive verb - "To Connect" or "to give information".  Documented, and perfectly valid grammar.
  • Reply 34 of 77
    josu said:

So is English, and I'm considered a grammar nazi.

... This shit I will not up with put.
    pscooter63tallest skilanantksundaramargonaut
  • Reply 35 of 77
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    Please - updated Macbook with 2 USB-C ports, faster processors and increased battery life!!!!!!!
    cash907censored
  • Reply 36 of 77
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    *Loop in* stands for *to connect*, according to the dictionnary.

I boldly predict a dramatic overhaul of the iCloud services and plans. And a standalone app store, presented by Phil Shiller. Springtime would also be a great time to get rid of the old, iTunes.

>:x
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 37 of 77
    fordeefordee Posts: 31member
    "Loop you in" is perfectly correct grammar.
    paxman
  • Reply 38 of 77
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member

To be to be grammatically correct, you'd use the word 'into' rather then just 'in.'

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/american/loop-in

It's a phrasal verb, such a construction is used extensively

Let us Loop you in
    Let us strap you in
    Let us fasten you in
    Let us Buckle you in
    Let us clip you in
    Let us hook you in (this has also a double signification)

Obviously,, both the idiom "in the loop" and the phrasal verb "loop in",
    as a metaphor for physically being kept attached, fastened, to a project (looped to it) and being part of the communication flow (loop) about such project.

Publicity often use terse communication with parts of the sentence missing, or implied.

edited March 2016
  • Reply 39 of 77
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    sog35 said:
    Apple should consider leaving the USA.

About 15% of Apple's profits comes for the USA.  About $7.5 billion a year.

Apple makes about $42.5 billion in profits outside the USA.
    If Apple brings that money back to the USA they would have to pay 40% tax.
    The foreign tax rate is about 15%.

So if Apple went out of the USA they would save over $10 billion on taxes a year (pay 15% tax rate in foreign countries instead of 40% USA/Cali tax rate)

A nice target is good ole Ireland which has a 12% tax rate.

Apple should GTFO of the USA and blame the politicians for the move. This won't stop anyone in the US from buying their products.

Frankly as a shareholder I think its ridiculous that Tim Cook has not moved out of the USA already. He is literally costing shareholders $10 billion in taxes each year.

Thar t would place them straight in the gentle arms of the EU privacy/security/tax police. Not something they should willingly consider.
  • Reply 40 of 77
    sog35 said:

Frankly as a shareholder I think its ridiculous that Tim Cook has not moved out of the USA already. He is literally costing shareholders $10 billion in taxes each year.
    Shareholders do not pay the taxes, that cost is passed on to the customers.