'Let us loop you in' live: Apple's March 21 event will be streamed online

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple's March 21 keynote will be streamed live on Apple TV, Mac, iPhone, iPad and more, giving consumers around the world the opportunity to be among the first to see its latest products.

The official Apple Events page has been updated in advance of the newly announced media event. Invitations were sent out earlier Thursday inviting members of the press to "let us loop you in."

The March 21 presentation uses Apple's HTTP Live Streaming technology. It requires an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 7.0 or later.

The event can also be streamed from second-, third- and fourth-generation Apple TV set-top boxes. On a Mac, users must be running Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X 10.8.5 or later, and PC users must use the Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10.

The keynote will kick off that Monday at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern. It will be held at Apple's corporate headquarters at 1 Infinite Loop in Cupertino, Calif.

It's possible the presentation could be the last to be held at Apple's current headquarters, as Cook said at last month's annual shareholders meeting that the 1,000-seat theater at Apple's upcoming Campus 2 may open in time for next year's shareholder meeting. Apple is also expected to hold an event this fall, but it will likely be in San Francisco rather than Cupertino, if history is any indication.

Apple's March 21 presentation is widely expected to be headlined by a new 4-inch iPhone with A9 processor and support for Apple Pay. It's rumored to be called the "iPhone SE."

The company is also expected to unveil a new 9.7-inch iPad with Smart Connector, quad-speaker array and A9X processor. Rumors have suggested it will be named the iPad Pro, just like its larger 12.9-inch variant.

Apple's presentation is also expected to mark the debut new bands debut for the wearable Apple Watch. The company also has new MacBooks in the works that could launch at such a media event, as Apple's notebooks are due for upgrades to Intel's latest processors.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    I'll be happy as long as I don't hear any Chinese voiceovers while watching it. Hopefully Apple is on top of things.
    icoco3pscooter63cornchip
  • Reply 2 of 30
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    This is good news!   
  • Reply 3 of 30
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    This will be disappointing. Apple events are always disappointing don’t you know. Just ask the always disappointed crowd.
    cornchip
  • Reply 4 of 30
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    I know what the rumours say but isn't March the time Apple traditionally announces everything BUT IOS devices? 
  • Reply 5 of 30
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    lkrupp said:
    This will be disappointing. Apple events are always disappointing don’t you know. Just ask the always disappointed crowd.
    It is inevitable. Two cures: Don't read any rumor sites or tech speculations until after the announcements, or just get a grip on reality :)  The problem for many is that after having been told that device x will be released on such and such date, and whilst waiting for that date to come around the feverish excitement they experience and competitive speculations they partake create expectations that aren't even technically feasible. When device x finally is announced it simply cannot measure up to the fervor. 
    icoco3cornchip
  • Reply 6 of 30
    josujosu Posts: 217member
    apple ][ said:
    I'll be happy as long as I don't hear any Chinese voiceovers while watching it. Hopefully Apple is on top of things.
    It happened in 2014, and it was the big iPhone launch event, never happened since, at least in the streaming I have seen. So give them a little credit there.
    ronncornchipRayz2016
  • Reply 7 of 30
    josujosu Posts: 217member

sog35 said:
    New low tier phone
    New iPad Pro 9.7

New homekit based hardware
    Add some Apple Watch bands, the loop reference could be because of this, or maybe because it would be the last keynote in Infinite Loop. And don't forget release dates for the new iOS9.3, WatchOS2.2, OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan and tvOS 9.2 versions too.
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 8 of 30
    lkrupp said:
    As Apple history has proven over and over again, the greater that the resistance and the outcry is from the troglodyte crowd, the bigger the success will be.

There will always be a few ignorant people living in the past, clinging to their IDE hard drives, their 3.5" floppy disks and the obsolete way of doing things. These people are terrified of change, and they wouldn't recognize a brilliant, new, innovative idea even if it landed right on top of their head.

Apple's biggest successes, like the iPhone and iPad, have all been met with massive amounts of scorn, criticism and ridicule from many people. Multiple geniuses who confidently declared and loudly boasted that the products would flop. These massive idiots could not have been more wrong of course.

I hope that there's plenty of whining after this Apple event too, because I think that there is a direct corrolation between the amount of whining and the success of a product. :#

lkrupp6Sgoldfishcornchip
  • Reply 9 of 30
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    sog35 said:

You know what I wish for? A low cost simple yellowish-white wireless light bulb that requires no base station. You put the bulb in, switch the light on, launch a HomeKit smartphone app and everything is setup automatically. Technically it is possible, yet it doesn't exist. Even today.
    edited March 2016 cornchip
  • Reply 10 of 30
    roakeroake Posts: 809member
    I have owned a few iPads in the past.  Various family members ended up "adopting" them away from me.  I enjoyed them, but not like the iPad Pro.

The iPad Pro is freaking amazing.  The experience is what makes it amazing, specifically the Apple Pencil.  It's nothing like other styluses, and completely changes the iPad experience in a remarkable way.  It's an experience that Samsung cannot copy.

I'm hopeful that the new announcement means that those buying the 9.7" "iPad Pro" can use the "must have" Apple Pencil.

jfc1138cornchip
  • Reply 11 of 30
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    I hope that Apple finally start offering black Milanese Loops. I purchased a black copy of the classic buckle style leather strap for my black sports watch for about 1/5th of the cost of Apples. It has turned out really good but I would still love to purchase an Apple black Milanese Loop if i was released.
  • Reply 12 of 30
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    Announcing Apple+ Loops. Circles is so last year...
  • Reply 13 of 30
    josu said:
    apple ][ said:
    It happened in 2014, and it was the big iPhone launch event, never happened since, at least in the streaming I have seen. So give them a little credit there.
    Yes, I was watching that event, as were most of the people on this forum, I would imagine.

It's only 2016 now, so it's not that long ago, and my comment was just making sure that they weren't becoming complacent, since it could definitely happen again, if it's happened once before.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    josu said:

sog35 said:
    New low tier phone
    New iPad Pro 9.7

Add some Apple Watch bands, the loop reference could be because of this, or maybe because it would be the last keynote in Infinite Loop. And don't forget release dates for the new iOS9.3, WatchOS2.2, OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan and tvOS 9.2 versions too.
    Hmm. Some good speculation there.
  • Reply 15 of 30
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    roake said:
    The iPad Pro is freaking amazing. 
    Yes.  I knew I wanted one, landed one as soon as I was able... then took about ten days to adjust to the size and heft.  Early on, I caught myself wondering if I had made a mistake; I got past that, then decided at the very least, it was good to have for my work.

It took another couple of weeks to snag a Pencil. That truly transformed the experience from satisfaction to delight.
    cornchip
  • Reply 16 of 30
    michael_cmichael_c Posts: 164member
    josu said:

sog35 said:
    New low tier phone
    New iPad Pro 9.7

Good thought on the watch band - rumors had suggested there will be a black Milanese loop band released soon. There should be more keynotes given between now and when campus 2 will be ready. Cook said at the Feb 26 meeting he it was possible but doubtful next year's stockholder meeting would be at Campus 2, so would take that to mean unlikely they would be highlighting the last keynote while at Infinity Loop - with other keynotes expected between now and the end of the year.
  • Reply 17 of 30
    dachar said:
    I hope that Apple finally start offering black Milanese Loops. I purchased a black copy of the classic buckle style leather strap for my black sports watch for about 1/5th of the cost of Apples. It has turned out really good but I would still love to purchase an Apple black Milanese Loop if i was released.
    Copies of the Milanese Loop are available at a fraction of the cost. Why not buy one of those if that is what you want, and, don't mind third party bands. You should have left out the part about buying a copy. It contradicts your main point. 
    pmz
  • Reply 18 of 30
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    dachar said:
    Copies of the Milanese Loop are available at a fraction of the cost. Why not buy one of those if that is what you want, and, don't mind third party bands. You should have left out the part about buying a copy. It contradicts your main point. 
    I did think about buying one of the copy Milanese Loops but the Amazon reviews put me off. It seems that it is easier to produce a good leather strap copy than the more complicated metal Milanese Loop.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    The good thing about no scuttlebutt about new laptops is the two I bought two months ago will stay current a little longer.
    But a lot sad just the same.
  • Reply 20 of 30
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    roake said:
    I have owned a few iPads in the past.  Various family members ended up "adopting" them away from me.  I enjoyed them, but not like the iPad Pro.

The iPad Pro is freaking amazing.  The experience is what makes it amazing, specifically the Apple Pencil.  It's nothing like other styluses, and completely changes the iPad experience in a remarkable way.  It's an experience that Samsung cannot copy.

I'm hopeful that the new announcement means that those buying the 9.7" "iPad Pro" can use the "must have" Apple Pencil.

I'm glad you enjoy the Apple Pencil and find it to be quality product it really is. But, I can't imagine that even 1% of 1% of iPad owners give a crap about the Apple Pencil.

It is this niche inside of a niche. I'm glad it exists, and its a great product, but I think people need some perspective on the value of it to the iPad market.