Florida sheriff vows to arrest Tim Cook if Apple won't comply with court orders

Comments

• Reply 21 of 131
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    larrya said:
    Same guy who insists on preaching church sermons in his uniform, and who proclaims his support for "faith-based" jailing, so I guess at least on person is above the law. 
    My favorite statement was one he made to the press when they finally caught up to and in a shoot-out killed a career-criminal who had apparently killed a couple of people including an officer. When asked why they shot the suspect 60+ times he replied "because we ran out of bullets" or something to that effect.  LOL!
  • Reply 22 of 131
    john galtjohn galt Posts: 960member
    Big man. Let's see him try. Tim Cook will gleefully go to jail over this. What a pathetic little idiot.
  • Reply 23 of 131
    wigbywigby Posts: 692member
    I think we just found Trump's running mate.
    baconstangmontrosemacsjr_b
  • Reply 24 of 131
    john galtjohn galt Posts: 960member
     "The CEO of Apple needs to know he's not above the law, and neither is anybody else in the United States."

That includes the FBI. Or doesn't he know that? 

ewtheckmanktappe
  • Reply 25 of 131
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Not sure if anyone who comments here lives in Florida, but Polk County is unanimously known for having the worst, most un reasonable, above the law, full of themselves cops in Florida. This guy is a joke, and so is his county...
    A joke unless he gets his filthy claws on you. Look at the cop next to him. The visual definition of a mean m0therfucker, if I ever saw one. The kind of cop John Goodman likes to portray in movies.
    jmc54
  • Reply 26 of 131
    wigbywigby Posts: 692member
    john galt said:
     "The CEO of Apple needs to know he's not above the law, and neither is anybody else in the United States."

That includes the FBI. Or doesn't he know that? 

Forget the FBI. He said WE'RE above the law and followed it up with "and neither is anybody else in the United States" above the law. So according to his quote, he (and others?) and everyone outside of the United States is above the law. Makes sense.

"You cannot create a business model to go, 'We're not paying attention to the federal judge or the state judge. You see, we're above the law,'" Judd added. "The CEO of Apple needs to know he's not above the law, and neither is anybody else in the United States."
  • Reply 27 of 131
    Yes, that’s exactly how it works.. /s
  • Reply 28 of 131
    feacofeaco Posts: 9member
    Wow. It must be something in the water. Florida has sheriff goober, Senator Rubio and Governor Bush. 
    montrosemacsjr_b
  • Reply 29 of 131
    CMA102DLCMA102DL Posts: 121member
    How can the Govt not be embarrassed to admit that it does not have the smarts to get a phone unlocked even with billions of dollars in annual budget. Now they have to come down to coercion, manipulation. More embarrassing is that nobody in Govt will be hold accountable for completely missing and failing to prevent the San Bernardino attack even with the abundance of metadata and social network data from the perpetrators. There is no hope for the CTD or FBI. Incompetence is rampant.
    montrosemacsjr_b
  • Reply 30 of 131
    So when a hacker gets in via the back door forced by the govt., does that make the govt liable for all and any losses incurred. Oh the lawsuits I cannot wait!
    calibaconstangpalominejr_bktappe
  • Reply 31 of 131
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,241member
    MisterKit said:
    Watch out for the ones who make the most noise. If this Sherrif ever had his phone hacked and his private information made public, he would probably run for the hills.

Makes you wonder what kind of phone he has. Wouldn't it be hilarious if he had an iPhone?
    calijr_b
  • Reply 32 of 131
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,241member

lkrupp said:
    Interesting that the rest of the tech crowd is standing behind the curtain peeking out to see what happens to Apple. Are they cowards? What does it say about Apple that they have decided to take a stand for customer security and the rest are loitering around watching the showdown?
    Many tech companies have stood forward on Apple's side.
    caliafrodri
  • Reply 33 of 131
    kaipherkaipher Posts: 24member
    Why is this news?  This is like giving a flea airtime because it threatens to throw boulders at homeowners.  Delete the article and let the click-bait die.
    cali
  • Reply 34 of 131
    Wow, Not a single person here who opposes Apple's view on following this court order. I guess that's not a surprise; this is an Apple fansite. I'm wondering if the pro-Apple crowd will threaten someone who says Apple is wrong on this issue. Let's find out: Apple is wrong on this issue.
    OK I'll bite. If you ever come to where I am, I'll beat you with a wet noodle. Make that a small handful of wet noodles. Happy now? ;-)
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 35 of 131
    A comment from a man who probably has to ask...."What's the Home button?"
    MacsAlwaysjahbladejr_b
  • Reply 36 of 131
    CMA102DLCMA102DL Posts: 121member
    lol Florida.

15 minute fame. ok
  • Reply 37 of 131
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    gatorguy said:
    larrya said:
    Same guy who insists on preaching church sermons in his uniform, and who proclaims his support for "faith-based" jailing, so I guess at least on person is above the law. 
    My favorite statement was one he made to the press when they finally caught up to and in a shoot-out killed a career-criminal who had apparently killed a couple of people including an officer. When asked why they shot the suspect 60+ times he replied "because we ran out of bullets" or something to that effect.  LOL!
    You're the worst piece of shit. It's all funny until your father is beat to death over a traffic stop or your child is raped by a cop and let off scot-free when you realise your own ignorance toward humanity. I hope one day you experience the cruelest crimes upon you or your loved ones as a slap in the face to your own cruelty. Maybe that day we'll have thousands of puppets laughing at your slain father or raped daughter "LOL"!!

Copblock.org. Read about all the crimes these pigs commit daily that the media refuse to cover. Hell A few blocks from my house a 9-year old girl was beat and tazed by 2 cops. They were let off with no media coverage and zero offences to their criminal record. Losers like gator were laughing and said the little girl deserved the beating as she laid in the hospital.

As for this piece of shit sheriff pretending he's above the law, let's see what crime he makes up in attempt to arrest Tim Cook, A man who fights for human rights.
    edited March 2016 propod
  • Reply 38 of 131
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    gatorguy said:
    Grady should go back to sheriff school and learn that he is paid by Floridians to be of service to the people, not an obnoxious egoistic dick who can't bare others in not believing in his corrupt ideologies.
    He's actually far from corrupt. On the contrary he could be one of the least corruptible sheriff's in the South. But he dang sure is hard-nosed, following the law to the letter.

Grady Judd also has little tolerance for on-line bullying of kids with even high-schoolers subject to arrest if they cause someone harm as a result. He aggressively investigates Facebook users boasting of a crime, (or God-forbid taunting him to catch them!), has arrested his own officers when suspected of doing anything unlawful, has created one of the country's best police training academies and on and on.

With that said he's never met a camera he didn't like. 
    He sounds like a throw back to the wild west era.
    Yes he does some good, but obviously goes beyond the law as intelligent people understand it.
    His county is to be avoided.
    jahbladektappe
  • Reply 39 of 131
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    lkrupp said:
    Interesting that the rest of the tech crowd is standing behind the curtain peeking out to see what happens to Apple. Are they cowards? What does it say about Apple that they have decided to take a stand for customer security and the rest are loitering around watching the showdown?
    The others support Apple and are happy if Apple spends their money to establish a balanced result of this personal security issue.
    This significant personal security issue needs to be settled by our law makers, not those simply applying the laws.
    When our relatives and close friends visits us I don't give them the password for our iPad and I provide them the password for our guest Mac userid.
  • Reply 40 of 131
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    Someone doesn't understand how jurisdiction works, or the judicial system. Apple is not breaking a law, they are asking the law to be clarified which is perfectly legal. Once it gets taken to the Supreme Court, then we will have precedent. Apple is also asking congress to make a law to determine what the bounds are. But even still, this dweeb still can't just go and arrest someone out of his jurisdiction.

It's scary who we vote into office... But it's Florida, no big surprise.
    baconstang