Official 'Apple Events' app launches on tvOS App Store ahead of 'Let us loop you in' event

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited March 2016
Apple on Thursday released the official "Apple Events" application for the fourth-generation Apple TV --?a free download from the tvOS App Store that will let users view the company's special event next Monday.

Apple Events for tvOS is a free download, found in the tvOS App Store's "News" category. In addition to streaming live events, it also offers on-demand access to Apple's previous keynotes.

The launch of Apple Events on the App Store is a change for the company, as previously the app would automatically appear on second- and third-generation Apple TV units before a media event. Those devices, however, lack a dedicated App Store, making it impossible for users to opt in and download the app.

Apple first announced a week ago that its March 21 event will be streamed live to Apple TV, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Windows PCs. As with previous keynotes, the presentation will be transmitted via Apple's HTTP Live Streaming technology.

The presentation, entitled "Let us loop you in," is widely expected to be headlined by a new 4-inch iPhone with A9 processor and support for Apple Pay. It's rumored to be called the "iPhone SE."

The company is also expected to unveil a new 9.7-inch iPad with Smart Connector, quad-speaker array and A9X processor. Rumors have suggested it will be named the iPad Pro, just like its larger 12.9-inch variant.

Apple's presentation is also expected to mark the debut new bands debut for the wearable Apple Watch. The company also has new MacBooks in the works that could launch at such a media event, as Apple's notebooks are due for upgrades to Intel's latest processors.

For an in-depth look at what to expect, see AppleInsider's comprehensive rumor roundup.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    macapfelmacapfel Posts: 575member
    One of the more important apps on the tvOS app store. I have to install this asap!
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 2 of 3
    matrix077matrix077 Posts: 868member
    I hope this year we will also get WWDC tvOS app that will include all videos for developers stored in Apple site.
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 3 of 3
    am8449am8449 Posts: 392member
    I've always watched the keynotes on my iMac, but being able to watch them on my tv will be even better.