Apple releases iOS 9.3 with Night Shift, secure Notes, fix for iMessage security hole

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    archieny said:
    I just downloaded 9.3 and the features listed in your article are not part of this release. 3d touch functions have not changed and the size of the update was ~300 MB, not 1.5GB
    Same here. I was looking for those functions but all I found was the new Night Shift function.
    I'm on 9.3 Night shift is not to be found. iOS 9.3 en_GB  :s
  • Reply 22 of 35
    archieny said:
    I just downloaded 9.3 and the features listed in your article are not part of this release. 3d touch functions have not changed and the size of the update was ~300 MB, not 1.5GB
    Same here. I was looking for those functions but all I found was the new Night Shift function.
    Don't even have night shift on y iPhone 5 nor on my iPad 3, both running iOS 9.3….
  • Reply 23 of 35
    hermidd said:
    Just to warn people :

My iPhone 5s demands "activation" after updating to 9.3 (i.e. login with Apple ID). Unfortunately, I receive the message that the activation server is too busy, while offering only a "try again" button, no cancel, no skip. Impossible to escape this loop of try-again, the phone is unusable except for emergency calls. As my iPad didn't ask for such an "activation", I thought is was OK to go ahead with my old and trusty 5s. Not so. Hope this will be resolved soon.

Same deal here.  iPad 4 stuck on activation server page.
    It's likely for iCloud.. Just "skip that step".
  • Reply 24 of 35
    Night shift is unreal !! 
  • Reply 25 of 35
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    koop said:
    Just want to drop a friendly reminder that Google has had their night mode in some beta form or another for a year now. So let's no drop the ol copying accusation when Android N hits later this summer please.
    Why the frack do I care? This comment is beyond tiresome.
    tallest skilbestkeptsecretargonautnolamacguy
  • Reply 26 of 35
    MisterKitMisterKit Posts: 495member
    Is the official release in fact newer than beta 7?
  • Reply 27 of 35
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Took a look and Night Shift was right there. Running with it now, quite a difference in the screen tone. How that translates to sleep? Shrug. The Weather app 3D Touch worked, so did the same for Accuweather and Weather channel. The "One year ago" pop up for Photos is cute: is that new?
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 28 of 35
    koop said:
    Just want to drop a friendly reminder that Google has had their night mode in some beta form or another for a year now. So let's no drop the ol copying accusation when Android N hits later this summer please.
    "In some beta form or another" seems to define just about everything with respect to Google/ Alphabet!
    argonautnolamacguy
  • Reply 29 of 35
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Oh look, the obnoxious music ad is back on launching Music.app

i wish Apple wouldn't pull that crap, I didn't want to subscribe before IOS9.3, nothing has changed with a software update.
    edited March 2016 retrogusto
  • Reply 30 of 35
    archieny said:
    Don't even have night shift on y iPhone 5 nor on my iPad 3, both running iOS 9.3….
    Night Shit is for 64-bit devices only. 
  • Reply 31 of 35
    haywoodhaywood Posts: 18member
    Finally! Wi-fi calling on Verizon!
  • Reply 32 of 35

Same deal here.  iPad 4 stuck on activation server page.
    It's likely for iCloud.. Just "skip that step".
    No, it was clearly another step asking for activation, not the usual iCloud login after an update which indeed can be skipped. A solution mentioned at discussions.apple.com is to remove the device temporarily from the registered devices for Find My iPhone. Strangely, my iPad has Find My iPhone activated using the same Apple ID, but didn't ask for "activation". 

• Reply 33 of 35
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Dang.  I was looking forward to Night Shift, but based on the comments above it sounds like I might need to wait a few days to see what/if any bugs are found
    I always wait to upgrade for that reason.  In fact, I never bothered with 9.2.1, which I'm still getting messages about because initially, many users on here reported problems.   Does 9.2.1 have to be downloaded before it will let me download 9.3?  

In any case, I'll wait a week or two before upgrading to 9.3.   I once got an incomplete download and went through several days of hell to resolve it.   I really think it's better to wait until there's less server traffic.  
  • Reply 34 of 35
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 754member
    koop said:
    Since Android itself is one big copy of iOS this seems like a moot point. Thanks for stopping by.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    xmhillxxmhillx Posts: 112member
    After restarting, the rest of the 3D Touch features are working. All is working now.

Beautiful. Happy with the update.