Crucial rules for RAM!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I accidentaly ordered the wrong ram from Crucial Technologies.

I called up and was told no problem, they sent me out the correct ram and told me to refuse the first package from FedEx, didn't charge any additional shipping fee and paid the return shipping for the wrong ram.

I received the new ram the next day, now thats service!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Crucial is definately awesome.

I especially enjoy the free 2nd day delivery.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    I have to agree: I bought 1.5GB from their UK online store (back in the days when RAM was dirt cheap: it was about $250 for the lot), turned up the next day and it's never caused me the slightest problem.

Not to mention significantly improving my Mac's performance.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by macaddict:

<strong>Crucial is definately awesome.

I especially enjoy the free 2nd day delivery. </strong><hr></blockquote>

How come you're back to macaddict?

[ 10-09-2002: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Because radar1503 is a lame name, and my dream of having all of my online names consistent was ruined when I got a new email address.

Plus, I'm just known as macaddict around here...well, maybe not known, but recognized.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Crucial is awesome, yes, but I've come to trust cheaper generic RAM from OWC.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    OWC?

Excuse the potentiol ignorance of that question. I haven't memorized all my RAM suppliers acronyms yet
  • Reply 7 of 13
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Crucial is awesome, yes, but I've come to trust cheaper generic RAM from OWC.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have had a few NIGHTMARE episodes with OWC lately and I cannot urge all of you strong enough to STAY AWAY from them.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    [quote]Originally posted by Bodhi:

<strong>

I have had a few NIGHTMARE episodes with OWC lately and I cannot urge all of you strong enough to STAY AWAY from them.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Care to elaborate?

I've bought ALL my RAM from <a href="http://www.macsales.com/"; target="_blank">OWC</a> for the past year. I also bought a few other items like a PCI cards, drive enclosures, a CPU upgrade, and other items from them.

They're also not afraid to tell you the truth about certain products. OWC was the company that broke the news about Sonnet overclocking CPU upgrades. XLR8YourMac also holds OWC in high regard.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Sorry for deviating the topic a LITTLE bit, but would any PC 2100 DDR ram fit into the new DP 867 or does it have to be mac compatible. I'm looking at the brands you find at Circuit City like Kingston, PNY, will these work?

Thank you in advanced
  • Reply 10 of 13
    They should work. However, I believe Apple requires PC2700 memory for a synchronized mem/fsb. Not sure though.

Either way, you are probably better off buying your DDR at Crucial.com than Circuit City. Crucial is like the Lite-On of the memory industry...fast, cheap, reliable. Lifetime warrantee too, and the sticks always overclock nicely.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Crucial is awesome, yes, but I've come to trust cheaper generic RAM from OWC.</strong><hr></blockquote>Nought wrong with OWC RAM.

- T.I.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by digitalandres:

<strong>OWC?

Excuse the potentiol ignorance of that question. I haven't memorized all my RAM suppliers acronyms yet </strong><hr></blockquote>Other World Computing. ATB (all the best)

- T.I.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by macaddict:

<strong>

Either way, you are probably better off buying your DDR at Crucial.com than Circuit City. Crucial is like the Lite-On of the memory industry...fast, cheap, reliable. Lifetime warrantee too, and the sticks always overclock nicely.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Crucial might be fast and reliable but I really don't think they're that cheap. Memory from them always seems to be higher then other places.