12.9" iPad Pro remains Apple's fastest tablet, as 9.7" model's A9X chip is underclocked

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    sog35 said:
    staticx57 said:
    You know this is a bad comparison as you changed it and keep changing it. The 9.7" is not marketed as a 3 series.
    The 3 series is a smaller version of the 5 series.
    The 9.7 is a smaller version of the 12.9.

And I'm not changing my comparison. I'm elaborating on it.  I can also add the 6-series and 4-series also has features the cheaper 3-series doesn't.  That just proves my point even more = you can't expect cheaper products to have the exact same features as the more expensive product. WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

Just stop.  If you expect a product that cost 25% less to have the EXACT same features as the more expensive product you are smoking some good stuff.
    You started off comparing the 9.7" as the 325i and the 12.9" as the 760Li. Also known as almost two complete ends of the lineup. You then change it to 3 series and 5 series knowing you went full hyperbole. If you ever want to try and relate these things then the 9.7" Pro is the M5, the 12.9" is the 760Li, the Air 2 is the 540i, and the mini 2 and 4 are the 325i and M3. Even that comparison is a bit flawed as Apple markets the 9.7" as simply a smaller version of the original pro.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    I was into this until I heard about the 2gb of ram. Doesn't seem as future proof as the 12.9 for robust multitasking. 
  • Reply 23 of 25
    sog35 said:
    The $399 iPhone SE has the same amount of RAM as the $749 iPhone Plus. Try again. Apple is calling this a "Pro" device. What's "Pro" about 2GB RAM? Especially when it's not something you can upgrade like with a 13" rMBP.
    Does the SE have the A9X? Pencil support? Smart connector support? 

Just stop. If you expect every model in a line to have the EXACT same specs then you are smoking something.

I see no reason why 2GB is not perfectly fine for many Pro's
    He has a point. It's a poor design decision to put 2gb of ram in this product, unless your fanboy bias blinds you to objective discourse. The SE has very little to push with its PPI and lack of multi tasking, yet it has 2gb of ram. The "pro" 9.7 is already handicapped in its ability for future proof multitasking. The next edition of this will have 4 go guaranteed. This is a poor decision. It's great for the SE though. 3 gab would be more reasonable for the 9.7. 
  • Reply 24 of 25
    sog35 said:
    Does the SE have the A9X? Pencil support? Smart connector support? 

Just stop. If you expect every model in a line to have the EXACT same specs then you are smoking something.

I see no reason why 2GB is not perfectly fine for many Pro's
    No it's a joke just like the retina mini with worse color gamut. I guarantee you v2 will have more than 2GB RAM. Most likely because Apple will get feedback that customers held off buying the 9.7" model. Unless Apple's goal all along was to slightly gimp this device to get people to buy the 12.9" model. My guess is professionals care more about RAM than the camera on an iPad.
    Exactly. I bet they gimped the ram to not undercut sales of the 12.9. Next version will have 4gb of ram. If yuppies buy this to look at Facebook, YouTube and Netflix only than 2gb will be sufficient but if it's truly used for PRO multitasking 2gb is not sufficient. Only pure bias ignored this fact with the assumption Apple can do no wrong.