How the iPhone SE will help drive Apple's sales internationally

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    gwydiongwydion Posts: 1,083member
    josu said:
    jannl said:
    "the Chinese market. Although Apple is already doing well there, it's also one of the most expensive places to buy an iPhone"
    You know, when calculated in $, in W-Europe we pay ± $840,- for this iPhone... The only thing is the average income is higher here than in China.

I'm sure the iPhone SE will be a very great succes, but not only because of the price.
    We in Spain pay for a base Porsche 911 $113.000, in the US is $89.000. So explain me that. Germany is much near Spain than US and the sales network in the Euro zone can be at least as integrated as Apple's. So please, illustrate me why in the European Union is a car made here far more expensive than in the US. So much that you can buy another (far cheaper) one with the difference.
    Prices in Europe are with taxes included, prices in USA are before taxes
  • Reply 22 of 25
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    josu said:
    jannl said:
    "the Chinese market. Although Apple is already doing well there, it's also one of the most expensive places to buy an iPhone"
    You know, when calculated in $, in W-Europe we pay ± $840,- for this iPhone... The only thing is the average income is higher here than in China.

I'm sure the iPhone SE will be a very great succes, but not only because of the price.
    We in Spain pay for a base Porsche 911 $113.000, in the US is $89.000. So explain me that. Germany is much near Spain than US and the sales network in the Euro zone can be at least as integrated as Apple's. So please, illustrate me why in the European Union is a car made here far more expensive than in the US. So much that you can buy another (far cheaper) one with the difference.
    You seemingly have no clue how products are priced in our own country, and the US.
    Prices in European countries include VAT. That explains 95% of the difference.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    foggyhill said:
    josu said:
    jannl said:

You seemingly have no clue how products are priced in our own country, and the US.
    When distance would determine the price :-)
    Not only the VAT, but in EU every country has it's own tax on cars.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    profprof Posts: 94member
    jannl said:
    foggyhill said:
    Say what now?
  • Reply 25 of 25
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    prof said:
    jannl said:
    foggyhill said:
    Say what now?
    What's not clear?
    The biggest difference in car prices in EU are not the VAT. (makes it clear the EU is far from United)
    edited March 2016