Apple CEO Tim Cook, other tech leaders call on North Carolina to repeal anti-LGBT law

Comments

• Reply 21 of 109
    xbitxbit Posts: 390member
    You’d guess wrong, then. How pathetic.
    No, you're wrong. 

Is this how we debate on this site? Insults and baseless assertions?
    londorbaconstangsingularitykoop
  • Reply 22 of 109
    matrix077 said:

In the old days, it's an easy sell for America. Looks at the land of freedom, the democracy. Everybody loves that. Everyone love having freedom. Now it's tough. You want democracy? Beware! You'll get same sex marriage.
    "Beware! You'll get black people drinking from the same water fountain. Beware! You'll get uppity women in the workplace."

Same crud, different decade.
    londorbanchobaconstanglikethesky
  • Reply 23 of 109

Lame. Tech leaders stick with tech please. 
    Lame. Tech is **business** and businesses don't need your permission to do things they feel are in their best economic interests.
    londorbaconstang
  • Reply 24 of 109
    waverboywaverboy Posts: 106member
    jet23 said:
    If you can’t see how passing discriminatory legislation against LGBT people...
    If you can’t see how this isn’t that...
    Some people would say that forcing their daughters to share bathrooms with men is horrific.You’re gonna want to try again.
    I’m pretty sure the majority HERE is in favor of trannies, but statistically we’re in the majority.
    Learn what hate is, for fuck’s sake.Because of statistics? Because your fallacy is meaningless to the point? Take your pick.
    Except it’s proven by every statistic ever recorded, so why not stop supporting mental illness and come back to reality?Appeal to authority. Try the fuck again.
    You’ve made it clear that you prefer mental illness to go untreated, so your opinion is instantaneously meaningless.
    Cute, more fallacies.
    ...the dialogue expressed on this topic would be a cause for shame in this community.
    Your beliefs are pretty shameful.
    Learn what hate is.
    The only one I’ve seen weigh in supports your side, so shut the fuck up about your victim complex and stop supporting mental illness.
    xbit said:
    You know that’s not the point, but of course you don’t fucking care.
    Transsexualism? Yeah, the delusion that it’s legitimate is invented.
    Statistically trannies are liberal, since moral relativism is necessary to think that you’re not mentally ill for believing you’re not what you actually are.
    You’d guess wrong, then. How pathetic.
    Pathetic you are indeed, and ignorant.

http://m.mic.com/articles/114066/statistics-show-exactly-how-many-times-trans-people-have-attacked-you-in-bathrooms#.LwrV2zr61
    edited March 2016 1timelondorbaconstangkoop
  • Reply 25 of 109
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,544member
    matrix077 said:
    In the old days, it's an easy sell for America. Looks at the land of freedom, the democracy. Everybody loves that. Everyone love having freedom. Now it's tough. You want democracy? Beware! You'll get same sex marriage.
    "Beware! You'll get black people drinking from the same water fountain. Beware! You'll get uppity women in the workplace."

Same crud, different decade.
    The great thing is that in a functioning democracy with a solid constitutional basis, progress is sometimes made in spite of majorities. 

This, too, shall pass. 
    londorspice-boybaconstang
  • Reply 26 of 109
    waverboywaverboy Posts: 106member
    spice-boy said:
    It saddens me that people that should be open minded are filled with hate
    Tolerance is the virtue of the man without conviction.
    Ignorance.

https://gendertrender.wordpress.com/2015/04/07/statistics-show-the-difference-in-rates-of-violent-crimes-against-women-committed-by-transwomen-versus-non-transgender-males/
    edited March 2016 1timelondorbaconstang
  • Reply 27 of 109
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    1time said:
    You know, jet23 has said more in his one post that you have said in all of your 39 745 inane posts. You need to get a life beyond your fantasy fanboi world.
    Hey there, single poster. I certainly care about anything you say, yep. And that refutation of anything I posted? Great going!
    waverboy said:
    Pathetic you are indeed, and ignorant.
    So do you have an ACTUAL argument? I saw the link. I don’t care about your propaganda. Refute what I said.
    spheric said:
    The great thing is that in a functioning democracy...
    We’re not a democracy.
    ...with a solid constitutional basis...
    We don’t HAVE that and haven’t for a century.
    ...progress...
    Learn what progress is.
    ewtheckman
  • Reply 28 of 109
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 452member
    Having read the letter, I wonder how many of the signatories read the legislation.

It is a shame that this vehicle - the internet - has made so many of us faceless lawyers, politicians, and social commentators representing the masses.  Maybe one day soon we will go back to actually doing homework on a subject before making unqualified, broad-brush statements.  Understanding, Tolerance and Acceptance are neither mandated by law or provided for under the Constitution.

As my Dad used to say,  "Boy, you better crank up your friggin brain before you engage your damn mouth."  I often thought he was an overbearing, intolerant asshole.

I was wrong.

tallest skilewtheckman
  • Reply 29 of 109
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    spice-boy said:
    It saddens me that people that should be open minded are filled with hate
    Tolerance is the virtue of the man without conviction.
    Tolerance is the virtue of a being which realize they do not exist in this world alone.
    Mind numbingly ignorant of the US Constitution, does "created equal" ring any bells. 
    Who the fuck are you to say someone is mentally ill and who is not? 
    Never said my beliefs are more equal than yours, I am however most likely better educated, higher income, more traveled, more friends, and have less fear certainly than you have.
    I  am a liberal which has been mugged twice by the way, that doesn't make me hate the offender nor did I run out and buy a gun, I guess I am braver than you as well.
    First sign of mental illness is using all caps when trying to make your point.
    "Leftism" whatever that is.... does not have a foundation, however the US Government does and that foundation was radically liberal over 200 years ago. 
    Hate groups are always founded on intolerance, ISIS and the Nazis come to mind. 
    edited March 2016 londorbaconstangbancho
  • Reply 30 of 109
    londorlondor Posts: 258member
    tallest skil said:

Except he’s mentally ill.

Says the guy who believes in fairies in the sky, lol. You're beyond pathetic. Good thing for the rest of us bigots like you are a dying species.
    baconstangkoop
  • Reply 31 of 109
    tallest skil said:
    We’re not a democracy.
    Of course you are. You are not a "pure" democracy in the sense of pure, unadulterated mob rule — and that's a good thing. Very few places are. That's precisely what guards the rights of minorities from an ignorant majority. 
    You have a Supreme Court that can overrule legislature and mob majorities on the basis of the Constitution. 

It can rule in favour of human rights and equality, on the basis that the Constitution provides for these things for all American Citizens (and beyond). This is why gay marriage happened, in spite of you.

There was a time when Republicans were at the forefront of the fight for equality and human rights…sadly, that was fifty years ago. 
    edited March 2016 londor
  • Reply 32 of 109
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    The problem isn't transgender. The problem is the ignorance of Bible believers. The Bible addresses homosexuality but not gender reassignment. In fact in the first Paleo Hebrew writings, the first human was not defined as any gender, simply the creature made from the earth. In a weird way Eve was actually the first transgender person because she was made from Adam's rib which would have been male but the Creator made her into a female. Before you discriminate against transgenders based on religious beliefs you should actually go read your Bible instead of basing your beliefs on the lies of radical preachers who are brainwashing you.
    edited March 2016 sphericlondor
  • Reply 33 of 109
    1time said:
    Yawn......   Actually I'm not a 1 timer. I normally post under orange whip...but I have a life outside of this place.
    Seems pretty meaningless to tell us you’re breaking the rules when you continue to NOT have an argument.
    spice-boy said:
    Tolerance is the virtue of a being which realize they do not exist in this world alone.
    I don’t have to tolerate lies.
    Mind numbingly ignorant of the US Constitution, does "created equal" ring any bells.
    Seems odd that trannies would have any reason to change themselves when they are already created equal...
     Who the fuck are you to say someone is mentally ill and who is not? 
    Try again, but without trying to pretend that I am the one who creates the definitions of words. Because that’s not an argument. Instead of deluding yourself into thinking that I am alone against you, why not use the objective definition of mental illness to determine why I would be using that phrase to describe the situation? You’ll have better luck.
    Never said my beliefs are more equal than yours
    No, but of course you implied it.
    I am however most likely better educated, higher income, more traveled, more friends, and have less fear certainly than you have.
    Fucking lol. You’re certainly not better educated, your money does not make you right, your worldliness does not make you right, your friends certainly don’t fucking make you right (and, if the previous items in the list didn’t prove that you have absolutely no argument, that certainly did), and fear?

You are the only one who is afraid. You are afraid that your feelings are wrong. You are afraid that you could possibly be wrong and someone else could be right. You are afraid that objective truth exists, and that because of this fact you would have to stop believing something that is convenient for you, for whatever reason.
    ...that doesn’t make me hate the offender nor did I run out and buy a gun, I guess I am braver than you as well.
    So you don’t understand anything about what’s being said.
    First sign of mental illness is using all caps when trying to make your point.
    Great argument. Still waiting for a real one, though.
    "Leftism" whatever that is...
    So you don’t even know what you believe? How fitting. Explains a lot.
    ...does not have a foundation...
    Damn straight it doesn’t! No foundation in reality. No foundation in morality. No foundation in science, logic, or reason.
    ...the US Government does and that foundation was radically liberal over 200 years ago.

“Classical” “liberalism” is what you’re fighting against. Not sure why you’d invoke it. 

Hate groups are always founded on intolerance, ISIS and the Nazis come to mind. 

1. Learn what a hate group is.

2. Learn what intolerance is.

3. Learn what the Islamic State actually is.

4. Learn what the Nazis actually were.

On a similar line of questioning to your previous mention of ‘definitions’: why do you think you get to talk about something when you know nothing about it (save to further your education thereon)?

londor said:
    Says the guy who believes in fairies in the sky, lol. You're beyond pathetic. Good thing for the rest of us bigots like you are a dying species.
    You want to have an actual argument? Why do I keep having to say this? Why is it that the most “tolerant” among us are literally wetting their pants in fear of anyone who questions their delusions? Why can’t they SUPPORT their delusions? Why don’t they have anything to say when questioned? 

I know the answer to all those questions, of course, but it’s a thought experiment for anyone reading who’s on the fence.

spheric said:
    Of course you are.
    Nah. Read the Constitution.
    You are not a "pure" democracy in the sense of pure, unadulterated mob rule
    That’s literally what we have, though. It’s not what was designed or intended.
    That's precisely what guards the rights of minorities from an ignorant majority. 
    Again, we have mob rule and minorities are given rights over the majority.
    You have a Supreme Court that can overrule legislature and mob majorities on the basis of the Constitution. It can rule in favour of human rights and equality, on the basis that the Constitution provides for these things for all American Citizens (and beyond). This is why gay marriage happened, in spite of you.
    So you don’t understand the Constitution, the Supreme Court, gay marriage legislation... Could you just not do this? I mean, you don’t fucking get it. At all. Activist judging is illegal, but no one enforces it. This happened in spite of the vast majority of America not wanting it.
    There was a time when Republicans were at the forefront of the fight for equality and human rights…sadly, that was fifty years ago. 
    lol, I bet you believe that the political parties “switched”, don’t you?
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 34 of 109
    I've stopped being surprised that half the people on this forum, who are so brilliant regarding technology, are at the same time so utterly heartless and compassionless when it comes to minorities, the environment, etc. Seems they are comfortable with their ones and zeros, but when it comes to humans who are different, or dying species, it doesn't fit their calculus. The last time they tried to live in someone else's shoes was in a first-person shooter, apparently.
    londorbanchosingularityjet23
  • Reply 35 of 109
    tallest skil said:
    Again, we have mob rule and minorities are given rights over the majority.So you don’t understand the Constitution, the Supreme Court, gay marriage legislation... Could you just not do this? I mean, you don’t fucking get it. At all. Activist judging is illegal, but no one enforces it. This happened in spite of the vast majority of America not wanting it.

I was going to ask you what you think actually happened, how, and why, but I think the answer might scare me. 
    londorjet23
  • Reply 36 of 109
    jet23jet23 Posts: 12member
    jet23 said:
    If you can’t see how passing discriminatory legislation against LGBT people...
    If you can’t see how this isn’t that...
    Some people would say that forcing their daughters to share bathrooms with men is horrific.You’re gonna want to try again.
    I’m pretty sure the majority HERE is in favor of trannies, but statistically we’re in the majority.
    Learn what hate is, for fuck’s sake.Because of statistics? Because your fallacy is meaningless to the point? Take your pick.
    Except it’s proven by every statistic ever recorded, so why not stop supporting mental illness and come back to reality?Appeal to authority. Try the fuck again.
    You’ve made it clear that you prefer mental illness to go untreated, so your opinion is instantaneously meaningless.
    Cute, more fallacies.
    ...the dialogue expressed on this topic would be a cause for shame in this community.
    Your beliefs are pretty shameful.
    Learn what hate is.
    The only one I’ve seen weigh in supports your side, so shut the fuck up about your victim complex and stop supporting mental illness.
    I love when people accuse me of rhetorical fallacies when they themselves are committing the fallacy they accuse me of. Thank you, though, for proving my final sentence correct, "I am fairly certain that my words will be baselessly attacked with hateful language."

It's not an "appeal to authority," clearly. Because you're clearly not a doctor. My point is not that doctors are always correct, but that you should avoid making diagnoses of mental illness for an entire segment of the population that you don't know. It's just rude.

In fact, your appeal to statistics (which you never provide, despite reprimanding others for not providing them) is maybe the biggest load of crap on this thread. "There are no statistics that support the idea that lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgendered individuals are more likely to commit sexual assault or be sex offenders than heterosexuals." https://sapac.umich.edu/article/52

In fact, the majority of transgender individuals are themselves the victims of assault. http://www.ovc.gov/pubs/forge/sexual_numbers.html

Stories about transgender people assaulting children in bathrooms are fabricated and perpetuated by right-wing media. http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/03/20/15-experts-debunk-right-wing-transgender-bathro/198533

I can't believe you're making me go here, but here we go, "Hate (v) feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone)." Let's see, you claim that transgender people (who you refer to as "trannies") 1) are more likely to commit sexual assault and 2) should undergo treatment for mental illness. Those seem like pretty strong feelings based solely upon someone's "identity" and not the quality of their character. I think your own words have justified my use of the word "hate."

roake said:
    jet23 said:
    Oh, are you a doctor?

Yes, thank you for asking!  In fact, I AM a doctor - in a large city at an extremely busy hospital.  I'm an M.D., but not a psychiatrist (they couldn't pay me enough).  I've taken care if plenty of LGBT patients.  I don't address their psychiatric issues, just their medical problems.  Interesting, however, is that I have had *many* LGBT patients, but zero that did not admit to a plethora of psychiatric problems, not just the usual anxiety and depression, but the much more serious psychiatric diagnoses - the ones that get them on government disability.  I wonder if that's significant somehow...
    Thank you for admitting that you don't work with psychiatric issues. I hope you've never offered the above observation to your patients. Your evidence is colloquial, but have you ever considered that some LGBT individuals could be suffering because they live in a society that passes legislation that discriminates against them? Making blanket statements about people's mental health is perilous, which you should know, as a doctor.
    kooplondor
  • Reply 37 of 109
    spheric said:
    I was going to ask you what you think actually happened, how, and why, but I think the answer might scare me. 
    I told you already–legislation from the bench, which is illegal.
    jet23 said:
    ...proving my final sentence correct, “I am fairly certain that my words will be baselessly attacked with hateful language.”
    Wasn’t baseless, so you were wrong.
    It's not an "appeal to authority," clearly. Because you're clearly not a doctor.
    Literally exactly that, which you have just confirmed. Thanks for playing.
    My point is not that doctors are always correct, but that you should avoid making diagnoses of mental illness for an entire segment of the population that you don't know. It's just rude.
    I don’t give a fuck how “rude” the truth is because 1. I’m not making the diagnosis–just repeating it–and 2. I know said segment of the population.
    In fact, your appeal to statistics
    Ha! What the fuck is this?! Are you seriously trying to claim that there can be an appeal to fact as a “fallacy”?!
    which you never provide
    All righty, then! Check the end of the post.
    I can't believe you're making me go here, but here we go, "Hate (v) feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone)." Let's see, you claim that transgender people (who you refer to as "trannies") 1) are more likely to commit sexual assault and 2) should undergo treatment for mental illness. Those seem like pretty strong feelings based solely upon someone's "identity" and not the quality of their character. I think your own words have justified my use of the word "hate.”
    See, you don’t get it. I want them to get help. If I didn’t, I’d be doing what you’re doing. Or calling for their deaths, which is honestly more merciful than what you support since their suicide rates skyrocket after receiving “treatment”. I want them to ACTUALLY FIX THE ILLNESS IN THEIR HEADS. You don’t give sadists scalpels and tell them to go wild, decrying anyone who might not want this to happen as a “bigot”. You don’t let pedophiles care for children. Why are you in support of THE OPPOSITE OF TREATMENT of this mental illness?

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;’ Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change 

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

The transgendered person’s disorder, said Dr. McHugh, is in the person’s “assumption” that they are different than the physical reality of their body, their maleness or femaleness, as assigned by nature. It is a disorder similar to a “dangerously thin” person suffering anorexia who looks in the mirror and thinks they are “overweight,” said McHugh.

He also reported on a new study showing that the suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people. Dr. McHugh further noted studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

Transgenderism Is A Mental Illness, Not A Civil Rights Issue

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2014/09/30/transgenderism-is-a-mental-illness-not-a-civil-rights-issue-n1898464/page/full 

If someone came to a doctor and asked him to cut off a perfectly healthy arm because it just felt “wrong” for the arm to be there, should the doctor do it? This isn't an idle question because this does happen with a mental illness called Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID). People who have it feel as if they're not supposed to have a certain body part, like an arm or leg. As a general rule, doctors won't remove a healthy body part; so some of these poor deluded people crush, mangle, burn, or otherwise deliberately destroy their own arms or legs in order to get a surgeon to slice them off.

This raises a question: Are surgeons who refuse to remove healthy limbs from people with BIID doing them a service because they're mentally ill or are they denying them their civil rights? MOST of us would say that a surgeon who refuses to cut off a healthy leg is doing the right thing. Of course, not everyone would agree. In fact, there are some people who will tell you that mental illness is a “super power.” 

Additionally, your mortality rate will be 51% higher than the general population because of suicide and all the female hormones you’ve pumped into your body en masse. In fact, the suicide rate for people who are transgender is 25 times that of the general population according to the American Psychological Association.

http://www.eje-online.org/content/164/4/635.full.pdf 

Jerry Springer-I'm Happy I Cut Off My Legs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvY2ScZBCtQ  

Adult Gender Identity Disorder (GID) Can Remit

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/Dii/S0010440X00305168 

This fluctuation can be in tandem with that of comorbid psychopathology or in response to sexual and other life events. Remission has been documented at up to 10 years. If evaluated over many years, GIDs and paraphilias can be less fixed than is often thought. The frequency of permanent remission may be underestimated, as such subjects may not consult clinicians. So if you have other problems, you can get GID. Also, they found adults which had GID up to 10 years and then it vanished. 

Transsexualism, Dissociation,and Child Abuse

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J056v06n03_04 

Sixty percent reported one or more types of severe child abuse. In the course of discussing other issues, participants also reported having experienced many of the commonly cited initial and long-term effects of child abuse, including fear, anxiety and depression, eating disorders, substance abuse, excessive aggression, and suicide ideation and attempts. [...] I have speculated, as have some of the participants themselves, that in some cases transsexualism may be an adaptive extreme dissociative swival response to severe child abuse.

Most people with GID show effects of child abuse, even 60% openly reported serve ones. So instead of being a ‘genetic’ problem, he (and the people he interviewed) speculated that it was an adaptive response to this early child abuse.

The frequency of personality disorders in patients with gender identity disorder

http://mjiri.iums.ac.ir/browse.php?a_code=A-10-1-722&slc_lang=fa&sid=1

The frequency of personality disorders was 81.4%. The most frequent personality disorder was narcissistic personality disorder (57.1%) and the least was borderline personality disorder. The average number of diagnoses was 3 per patient.

Personality Disorders in Persons with Gender Identity Disorder

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/809058/abs/

Persons with GID compared to cisgender heterosexuals have higher presence of PDs, particularly Paranoid PD, avoidant PDs, and comorbid PDs. In addition. MtF persons are characterized by a more severe psychopathological profile. Short: They do have more PDs and MtF are even more damaged then FtM.

Increased Gender Variance in Autism Spectrum Disorders and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10508-014-0285-3

Evidence suggests over-representation of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) and behavioral difficulties among people referred for gender issues [...] As compared to non-referred comparisons, participants with ASD were 7.59x more likely to express gender variance; participants with ADHD were 6.64 times more likely to express gender variance. Autists have around 8x more GID and people with ADHD around 7x the average.

Gender Identity Disorder and Schizophrenia: Neurodevelopmental Disorders with Common Causal Mechanisms?

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/schizort/2014/463757/abs/

Clinical evidence suggests that schizophrenia occurs in patients with GID at rates higher than in the general population and that patients with GID may have schizophrenia-like personality traits. Conversely, patients with schizophrenia may experience alterations in gender identity and gender role perception. Neurobiological research, including brain imaging and studies of finger length ratio and handedness, suggests that both these disorders are associated with altered cerebral sexual dimorphism and changes in cerebral lateralization. Various mechanisms, such as Toxoplasma infection, reduced levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), early childhood adversity, and links with autism spectrum disorders, may account for some of this overlap.

So people with GID are similar to those who have schizophrenia-like personality traits which suggests that something in the brain is fucked up which can stem from infections, autism, some brain imbalance or childhood problems. 

A Follow-up Study of Boys with Gender Identity Disorder

https://tspace.library.utoronto.ca/handle/1807/34926

This study provided information on the long term psychosexual and psychiatric outcomes of 139 boys with gender identity disorder (GID). [...] At follow-up, 17 participants (12.2%) were judged to have persistent gender dysphoria. Regarding sexual orientation, 82 (63.6%) participants were classified as bisexual/ homosexual in fantasy and 51 (47.2%) participants were classified as bisexual/homosexual in behavior.

So here they studied boys at around 8 and then at 20 regarding the development of GID. Of these 139 boys which had GID at the first study only 12% had it 12 years later, 47% were bi/gay and 41% were hetero or asexual.

Psychiatric Comorbidity of Gender Identity Disorders: A Survey Among Dutch Psychiatrists

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/10.1176/appi.ajp.160.7.1332

These respondents reported on 584 patients with cross-gender identification. In 225 patients (39%), gender identity disorder was regarded as the primary diagnosis. For the remaining 359 patients (61%), cross-gender identification was comorbid with other psychiatric disorders. In 270 (75%) of these 359 patients, cross-gender identification was interpreted as an epiphenomenon of other psychiatric illnesses, notably personality, mood, dissociative, and psychotic disorders. In around 75% of the patients, GID was seen as the result of other personality problems / illnesses.

Psychiatric Axis I Comorbidities among Patients with Gender Dysphoria

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/Dsychiatry/2014/971814/abs/ 

Eighty-three patients requesting sex reassignment surgery (SRS) were recruited and assessed through the Persian Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Axis I disorders (SCID-I). Results. Fifty-seven (62.7%) patients had at least one psychiatric comorbidity. Major depressive disorder (33.7%), specific phobia (20.5%), and adjustment disorder (15.7%) were the three most prevalent disorders.

Now are you going to try to do an “appeal to fact” against me again? Admittedly, that was pretty hilarious.

edited March 2016
  • Reply 38 of 109
    spheric said:
    I told you already–legislation from the bench, which is illegal.

What exactly do you think the Supreme Court's purpose IS, beyond checking the matters brought to it and ensuring or enforcing their compliance with the Constitution?
    edited March 2016 londor
  • Reply 39 of 109
    spheric said:
    What exactly do you think the Supreme Court's purpose IS, beyond checking the matters brought to it and ensuring or enforcing their compliance with the Constitution?
    Nothing. It’s quite simple. They don’t make law. That’s the job of Congress. They can’t invent anything out of thin air, and they can’t rule positively toward anything that is not expressly stated by the Constitution.

The federal government does not have the power to legislate what is and is not marriage. The Constitution makes no mention thereof. Thus, the power is left to the individual states and that ruling is not legal. The federal government does not have the power to force people to purchase anything. The Constitution makes no mention thereof. Thus, the power is left to the individual states and the Obamacare ruling is not legal.

Rinse and repeat for a fuckton of things since the early 1900s, and even before.
    designrroake
  • Reply 40 of 109
    koopkoop Posts: 337member
    Holy lord in heaven your sources are so terrible Tallest Skil. Conservative think tanks, an Iranian source, two that wouldn't even load and another journal where they interviewed an insanely small sample of 45 people outside of a clinical setting. 

I threw up in my mouth a little. Anyone can cite a bunch of crap. Try to cite something of value.
    jet23londorminicoffee