'Next-generation' Apple Store opens in Memphis with custom 37-foot display

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Jack21 said:
    I feel sorry for the employee who has to fix one of those tiles when broken, each has it's own logic board and takes 30-45 minutes to un-screw and fix.
    Doesn’t look like tiles. Though it’s sort of hard to tell on my Cinema Display, because I have columns of pixels all over it that refresh out of sync with the pixels right next to them. Drives me insane.

$1,000 display; you’d think it wouldn’t do things like this. Never mind the light leak and the HEAT DAMAGE to the panel itself by the hardware behind it...
  • Reply 42 of 43
    Went by the Germantown store today- it is NOT in Memphis. Germantown is a white flight suburb of Memphis. The store is bigger- a little, but has very little extra to recommend it. It has the same stuff that can be bought 15 other places and has little exclusive to the confines of the store. One wonders why they waste so much of the space showing crap you can get at any Target or Wal-Mart (iPhone, iPad, Beats crap, etc) and not pushing high end accessories and Macintosh accessories. With iOS Device sales plateauing it would be smart to try to aggressively grow the Mac business. When is the last time you saw a Mac ad on TV? How long has it been since Apple updated most of the Mac line?
  • Reply 43 of 43
    Apple, please update the 1st retail store you ever opened: Tysons Corner, VA.  (near me, of course!)
    You're mistaken. The first retail store Apple ever opened is in Glendale, CA. (Los Angeles.)