iPhone SE generating low traffic at Apple Stores, in line with predictions, analyst says

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    We need a fresh 4" model not a re packaged 5. Apple needs to make a 4" variation of its up coming iPhone 7
  • Reply 22 of 30
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    We need a fresh 4" model not a re packaged 5. Apple needs to make a 4" variation of its up coming iPhone 7
    No they don't. 4" iPhone 7 won't fit in the product line up. Why would they want to make another 4" phone? Wait 2 more years, you may see 4" iPhone 6SE.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    fallenjt said:
    No they don't. 4" iPhone 7 won't fit in the product line up. Why would they want to make another 4" phone? Wait 2 more years, you may see 4" iPhone 6SE.
    I hope they do keep the 4" "SE" line updated every year, holding the event in spring.  A spring event is very useful to keep (as positive as possible) Apple in the news, and it helps to disrupt competitors launch cycles by taking some of their media coverage away.  The 4" iPhone is very good to have in the lineup, but at the pricing set by the SE, they need that ~6 month gap to maximize the flagship, larger phones.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    I picked up mine today, the Apple Store guy said, "Oh you're lucky we're almost out of that one!" (64 gig Space Grey) Not sure how truthful that is (though he didn't seem like he was lying.) I know a lot of people prefer the bigger phone, especially older people like my parents. However I as a spry 31 year old have eyes that work (with glasses) and love my new SE! And the trade in value of my 6 64 gig was great!
    Yes, at 73 I am the 'older person' who would like to have the smaller  SE and you're right - I prefer the 6+ because my 'old eyes' can more easily use the larger sight line.  Here comes the 'however' -  However, the size of the SE is appealing because the 6+ is he** to carry around.  I have the watch - even old(er) people can see the displayed information - and you know one has to carry the phone so the watch will 'work'.   I work outdoors a lot, I walk my dogs a lot - where the heck does someone carry a giant phone?   And so - I do not 'prefer' the bigger phone beyond the obvious ability to read the screen.   Hauling the 6+ around is a pain in the butt - literally.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    That will most likely happen next Spring. The SE will likely drop to $299 when that happens, which will be 6 months after the 6s has dropped to $549 assuming Apple keeps its current pricing structure, thus maintaining the $250 price difference they've established, and giving Apple the least expensive entry into the Apple ecosystem they've ever had. And considering how much life they've gotten out of the iPhone 5 case design and parts, they could conceivably drop the SE to $199 when the 6s drops to $449 in its last year. 

All ll of that is to say, to the extent Apple values the market for the 4" iPhone, in order to depreciate the SE relative to the 6s over the next two product cycles, they will need to offer a higher end 4" replacement since no matter what Apple does with the SE, they already have the low-end covered with it by $50 less than they've ever sold any iPhone before.

Offering a new premium 4" makes much more sense after the 7 is released, giving it a much longer premium lifespan than if they had introduced a totally redesigned 4" 6s instead of the SE, 6 months before the 6s becomes last year's model.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 755member
    Yeah, same in Brissbane, OZ. 64GB Model sold out the Official Apple Stores. Managed to get one at the Myers "Apple Store Section" which is somewhat hidden on the top floor. They only had about five 64GB models left.

However there are a ton of 16GB available everywhere  

16GB is a sad Joke in 2016.

As a shareholder I'm very happy that the 16GB option still exists...it got you to dig into your pocket and pay up for a 64GB model.
    edited April 2016
  • Reply 27 of 30
    sog35 said:
    schlack said:
    What i find interesting is that the larger iPad pro is going for $650 on eBay today (new) while it has an MSRP of $800. That's only $50 more than the $600 price of the newly introduced 9.7" iPad Pro. How long before we see the 9.7" iPad Pro going for $500 (as it should have been priced to begin with)?
    so you like to buy stolen goods? cool.

besides there are no new iPad Pro 12.9 selling for $650. That is total BS.  Show me the links.
    And good luck getting any warranty service on those iPads also.
    So you are too lazy to check eBay yourself?  Here is the link.  Brand new, not stolen.  Sold by a tech outlet store.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APPLE-IPad-Pro-32GB-Wi-Fi-12-9in-Retina-Display-Latest-Model-/121921302167?var=&hash=item1c63136e97:m:mqjMMqnxX3-2h2G7GUqPimQ

By the way, show me anyone that needed warranty service on an iPad with no moving parts.  The only time an iPad breaks is when someone drops and breaks it.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    The $650 eBay price from a tech outlet is not unreasonable at all.  In fact, Apple finally stopped holding iPads hostage and now allows authorized resellers to sell iPads.  B&H Photo, an authorized reseller, is blowing out the silver and gold 32GB iPad Pro 12.9 Wi-Fi models for only $717.99 (and no sales tax), not much more than $650.  But I guess sog35 prefers to pay the highest price possible for his Apple products.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1185482-REG/apple_32gb_ipad_pro_wi_fi.html

singularity
  • Reply 29 of 30
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    The $650 eBay price from a tech outlet is not unreasonable at all.  In fact, Apple finally stopped holding iPads hostage and now allows authorized resellers to sell iPads.  B&H Photo, an authorized reseller, is blowing out the silver and gold 32GB iPad Pro 12.9 Wi-Fi models for only $717.99 (and no sales tax), not much more than $650.  But I guess sog35 prefers to pay the highest price possible for his Apple products.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1185482-REG/apple_32gb_ipad_pro_wi_fi.html

Is there a retail outlet like bhphoto that sells iPhones? I'd like not to pay 10% LA tax on the SE.