Apple's new 4" iPhone SE continues to see stock-outs, shipping delays

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    But no one wants a smaller iPhone?

must be a supply chain glitch. analysts predicted 900 sales at launch but it's over 9000?!!!?!?!
  • Reply 22 of 39
    phone-ui-guyphone-ui-guy Posts: 1,019member
    Chivs said:
    Well, the lack of availability could be for any number of reasons:
    1. Demand was much greater than expected.
    2. There was only very limited availability at launch
    3. Apple has an unspecified supply chain glitch

Regardless, it's unusual for a country wide lack of availability a few days after launch. Even the flagship (September) phones get daily supplies on a first come basis.
    Also interesting to note is the silence from Apple on sales figures, you'd expect if 1. above was true they'd be vocal about it.

Just my 2c.

Apple won't provide sales figures for the SE. If you remember they did not do so on the 5C wither. They simply provided the total iPhones sold in the periods they reported numbers for. Since the SE is launching by itself, they would not publish the total of all phones (including the ones that have been selling for six months) plus the SE. That just doesn't make much sense. Unless they change their stance on reporting by model, we won't know anything except the totals at the end of the quarter and whatever color Cook will give on the conference call about demand for the new model. 
  • Reply 23 of 39
    josujosu Posts: 217member
    Chivs said:

Regardless, it's unusual for a country wide lack of availability a few days after launch. Even the flagship (September) phones get daily supplies on a first come basis.
    Also interesting to note is the silence from Apple on sales figures, you'd expect if 1. above was true they'd be vocal about it.

Just my 2c.

Apple won't provide sales figures for the SE. If you remember they did not do so on the 5C wither. They simply provided the total iPhones sold in the periods they reported numbers for. Since the SE is launching by itself, they would not publish the total of all phones (including the ones that have been selling for six months) plus the SE. That just doesn't make much sense. Unless they change their stance on reporting by model, we won't know anything except the totals at the end of the quarter and whatever color Cook will give on the conference call about demand for the new model. 
    Have they provided first weekend sales on anything they have launched in spring?
  • Reply 24 of 39
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Chivs said:

Just my 2c.
    New to Apple huh?

It's ridiculous to expect Apple to brag about sales days after launch. They have better things to do. We'll probably hear "everything is just great!" at WWDC in June at the earliest.

thofts said:
    My wife had a 5s and wouldn't move up to a larger iPhone.  The SE was for her.  Since there was supposed to be "no demand" I waited 4 hours to get to the nearest Apple Store only to find NO Rose Gold 64GB ATT or unlocked phones.  Next day nothing at either of the two stores.  Next day at 11am I found and unlocked one 56 miles away so I snagged it online and off we went for dinner and a iPhone pickup.  For a "flop" phone there certainly is no stock.
    Your fault for believing the routine doom articles about a future iPhone.
    The trip sounded pleasant though :)
  • Reply 25 of 39
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    but but...Apple just try to play with supplies to make it look like high demands.
  • Reply 26 of 39
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    lukei said:
    Isn't this the phone that 'failed' at launch?
    Hahaha I thought the same thing!  According to Android folks posting over on CNET it certainly has. 
  • Reply 27 of 39
    slightly off topic.. can anyone answer this question?
    Will I have to re-enter all my cards into apple pay if i go from my iphone 6 to my new iphone se?
    same - will i also then, after re-setting my apple watch and pairing it with new iphone se, will i have to also re-enter apple pay cards again there too?

adding cards to apple pay can be a big pain, i have a couple of overseas cards, and they insisit on veryfying by sms, but the sms must be to a local phone, not overseas

thanks anyone that helps / knows..
    btw i wil performa a secure backup first....
  • Reply 28 of 39
    jony0jony0 Posts: 378member
    sog35 said:
    I don't understand the constant hate, propaganda, twisting of the truth, and flatout lies the American media spews about Apple on a daily basis.

So whats the deal? My guesses:
    1. Companies like Amazon/Google pay these media companies or at least pay with advertising
    2. Wall Street manipulation
    3. Direct threats. CNBC is scared if AppleTV ala carte TV ever happenned they would lose a ton of viewers
    4. Jealously
    Yep, follow the money. Money, money, money … as you pointed out in 1, 2 & 3 with advertising, stocks and sales respectively.
    As for media specifically, the others pay for ads, Apple doesn't. IMHO the media is trying to bully Apple into submission for advertising, and although they may have thought at one point to use the carrot rather than the stick, the latter could be bringing more money in the form of Apple-hate click-bait than any meagre or limited Apple ads would. A bird in hand is better than two in the tree. What seems to corroborate that in my mind is that all too often the title or lede is twisted yet the article will contradict it, which would suggest that the authors may be less biased in their reporting than the budget minded title revising editor. Yet of course many more titles still do match the article.
    edited April 2016
  • Reply 29 of 39
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    What! I thought the SE was a flop?
    edited April 2016
  • Reply 30 of 39
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    AI_lias said:
    There seems to still be lots of people who liked the slab iPhone design, and that smaller size. I think the iPhone 4 had the best design. I know my wife will love if she could replace her iPhone 6 with an SE. I myself will wait to see where Apple goes with iPhone 8, until then it's 6s Plus for me.
    Yes, out of all the iPhone designs I think the 4 was the classiest (the 5/5s a close second) But if they were to reintroduce a similar design today, it would need to be quite a bit thinner. The 4/4s while nice, look like bricks today, a little too chunky for their own good! So thinner and with more durable front/rear glass/ceramic panels then.
    edited April 2016
  • Reply 31 of 39
    Sam123Sam123 Posts: 10member
    1983 said:
    AI_lias said:
    There seems to still be lots of people who liked the slab iPhone design, and that smaller size. I think the iPhone 4 had the best design. I know my wife will love if she could replace her iPhone 6 with an SE. I myself will wait to see where Apple goes with iPhone 8, until then it's 6s Plus for me.
    Yes, out of all the iPhone designs I think the 4 was the classiest (the 5/5s a close second) But if they were to reintroduce a similar design today, it would need to be quite a bit thinner. The 4/4s while nice, look like bricks today, a little too chunky for their own good! So thinner and with more durable front/rear glass/ceramic panels then.
    The 4? The iPhone 4s is so much more powerful than the 4.
  • Reply 32 of 39
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Apple is STILL doomed. 
    Apple Death Watch: 40 years and still going strong!

1983 said:
    AI_lias said:
    Interesting, as when the "lost" iPhone 4 turned up on the web, it was widely derided as being ugly and inelegant. (I couldn't understand it, I thought it looked great, and it seems a lot of people agreed with me.)

I looked at the SE, and it's a nice phone. I like the look and the feel of it, but I suspect I'll keep to using the flagships. Or possibly giving up on a phone altogether and just using an iPad as my portable solution.
  • Reply 33 of 39
    sdbryansdbryan Posts: 351member
    Well after waiting two years for Apple to offer a current tech iPhone in the 'proper' 4" design, I drove to the foothills to buy one. The Apple Store was busy but no lines. There were some shortages but I got a 64GB model (I would have happily paid more for 128 GB). Now I am glad I ventured out on launch day. Great device (odd that it is called a phone) that Apple will sell in vast quantities. On the other hand since this model supports Apple Pay and Apple Watch and a much improved camera, Apple will need to come up with something compelling to motivate upgrading.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    matrix077matrix077 Posts: 868member
    sog35 said:

"Amazon.com (AMZN) seems to have a hit product on its hands with the Amazon Echo smart speaker. "

http://www.investors.com/news/technology/click/amazon-com-likely-has-sold-3-million-echo-speakers-to-date/?ven=YahooCP&src=AURLLED&ven=yahoo

What a friken joke.
    The Echo took almost a YEAR AND A HALF to sell 3 million units.  Yet its called a hit and a success.

I'm pretty sure the SE sold 3 million units in a couple of hours. The media is calling it a failure.
    The Apple Watch is going to sell 12 million units in a year. The media is calling it a failure.
    Echo is a success because nobody thought it's going to sell. SE is an failure because media want Apple failure story so bad. Nothing new really. I'm sure if iPhone 7 won't sell 10 million in a week it will be a failure also.
  • Reply 35 of 39
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Chivs said:

Just my 2c.

The fact their reportng their financials in 20 days may be the reason why they wouldn't bother saying anything it will show up in the next earnings call.
  • Reply 36 of 39
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    slightly off topic.. can anyone answer this question?
    Will I have to re-enter all my cards into apple pay if i go from my iphone 6 to my new iphone se?
    same - will i also then, after re-setting my apple watch and pairing it with new iphone se, will i have to also re-enter apple pay cards again there too?

adding cards to apple pay can be a big pain, i have a couple of overseas cards, and they insisit on veryfying by sms, but the sms must be to a local phone, not overseas

thanks anyone that helps / knows..
    btw i wil performa a secure backup first...

800.MYA.PPLE
  • Reply 37 of 39

90+% of all smartphone profits is a failure.

5C even somehow manages to outsell Galaxy S5 is a failure.

Having only the China's marketshare of 14.3% with Xiaomi barely ahead by 0.6% is a massive failure.

30M 4" iPhones sold in 2015, generating far more profit alone than rest of industry combined minus Samsung is a huge failure.

Apple Watch outselling everything else in both volume and profit is a super-duper failure.

Apple can't satisfy demand for SE = both a failure and a conspiracy.

Suck it, Crapple fans.
    edited April 2016
  • Reply 38 of 39
    ishi21ishi21 Posts: 1member
    Finally the waiting is over for iPhone lover's in India. iPhone SE is exclusively available at infibeam.com, but only thing is it's little bit with high price 39K