Apple's 9.7" iPad Pro vs. 12.9" iPad Pro: Which choice is right for you?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Just picked up the large pro today. WOW. The size was awesome. I debated because so many people have commented that it just at freely too big and heavy, but I wanted a full-size keyboard and the 9.7" just seemed too small. So far I'm in love. It's not too heavy at all, and the added screen is so useful!!!!!!!!!!!

(typed on my iPad pro lol)
  • Reply 22 of 26
    ex2botex2bot Posts: 1member
    Here's a sample of popular apps that support the 12.9 iPad Pro's resolution and screen size: 1Password Apple's apps (of course), including Pages, Keynote and Numbers Amazon's shopping app Amazon Video Evernote Geekbench 3 GoodReader Google app Google Chrome Google Drive Google Docs (finally) Google Maps iA Writer (version 3, a separate purchase from previous version) ICab Mobile browser Jump (remote desktop) Kindle Microsoft Office and Outlook Netflix Oceanhorn (game) Paper by 53 and many, many graphics apps, Pencil support too Pixelmator Puffin Browser (that supports Adobe Flash and compression) RemoterVNC Readdle's Scanner Pro Snapseed Twitter Vimeo Weather Underground YouTube Zinio I have to disagree with the article and say that the 12.9" iPad Pro is well-supported by popular apps. Two popular apps I use that don't yet support it natively are Facebook and CNN, I believe. They still work, of course. I haven't run into anything that doesn't work. Spotify didn't work at first. By the time I bought mine, they'd fixed the problem.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Best way to figure it out - buy both! That's what I did. I have the 12.9" and just bought a 256GB WiFi only 9.7" one. I'm giving my wife first dibs though!
  • Reply 24 of 26
    I bought the 12" model, and used it for 13 days, although I'll admit it was just as something to play with. The pencil didn't work very well for me, particularly because I had to  hold it at a nearly perfect 90 degree angle to the screen for it to function, and it was off, in regards to where I was tapping in relation to where I wanted to make an impact. In the end, I returned it before the 14 day return policy. I then got the 9.7" unit, and I couldn't be happier! The screen has better sensitivity, and the weight makes all the difference, especially since I have limited left wrist movement and strength, due to an accident. If I was using it more as a replacement for my 15" MacBook Pro, and it was on a stand, the 12" model would have been okay, but for me it didn't work that way.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    opa karl said:
    I bought the 12" model, and used it for 13 days, although I'll admit it was just as something to play with. The pencil didn't work very well for me, particularly because I had to  hold it at a nearly perfect 90 degree angle to the screen for it to function, and it was off, in regards to where I was tapping in relation to where I wanted to make an impact.
    That's surprising. I've used the Pencil exactly how I'd use a pen to take notes and markup documents. I've held it at angles other than 90 degrees and it worked pretty well. In fact I don't think I ever held it at a perfect 90 degrees. That is really not very comfortable.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    So my solution was to ditch my Macbook, buy a 12.9" and a 9.7" iPad Pro. Call me crazy, but I haven't looked back. I use my 12.9" for "desk work", mostly word processing and email, and for "big screen" consumption... movies and magazine reading. The 9.7 serves me perfectly for meetings and casual couch use... internet, casual reading, and games. Since my computer use for the past number of years has shifted away from other business applications and graphical  presentation creation this combination serves me perfectly. And since I'm getting older I can avoid having to lean into a screen. Now the screen comes to me!