Night Shift in iOS 9.3.1 stays on after sunrise

Posted:
in Genius Bar
Since updating to 9.3.1 on my iPhone 5S, I've noticed a few mornings where Night Shift is staying on after sunrise. It's completely daylight here at 9am but Night Shift still has the screen orange as if it's still night time. I'm not sure if it's because I have an alarm set, but I have to manually switch Night Shift off and back on again to get the screen to go 'blue' again. Has anyone else seen this problem? Maybe it's because of my alarm screwing it up. Not sure. But haven't seen anything anywhere else about this problem. I'll keep an eye on it the next few days to try to identify exactly what combination of things might be causing it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    frxntier said:
    Since updating to 9.3.1 on my iPhone 5S, I've noticed a few mornings where Night Shift is staying on after sunrise. It's completely daylight here at 9am but Night Shift still has the screen orange as if it's still night time. I'm not sure if it's because I have an alarm set, but I have to manually switch Night Shift off and back on again to get the screen to go 'blue' again. Has anyone else seen this problem? Maybe it's because of my alarm screwing it up. Not sure. But haven't seen anything anywhere else about this problem. I'll keep an eye on it the next few days to try to identify exactly what combination of things might be causing it.
    I occasionally have the same problem with my 5s, but the only thing that will fix it is a complete restart. 

Also 9.2.1 broke my Touch ID and killed my battery life, so I may be suffering from other problems as well.