Apple issues first iOS 9.3.2, OS X 10.11.5 betas to public testers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2016
One day after Apple released the first beta versions of iOS 9.3.2 and OS X 10.11.5 to developers, the company on Thursday issued the same builds to members of the public beta program for testing.

As noted yesterday, Apple's latest prerelease software lacks the significant feature additions seen in iOS 9.3 and instead focuses on addressing bugs and delivering performance enhancements.

Users taking part in Apple's public beta tester program can access the new builds via Software Update on iOS and through the Mac App Store. Those interested in evaluating the latest Apple software can sign up through the company's website, though it should be noted that prerelease builds are often unstable and are not recommended for install on primary devices.

Apple issued an iOS point release last week to address a problem with web links, while OS X 10.11.4 brought new features like Live Photos support to Mac last month.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,243member
    First time that I've opened the Photos app on my Mac and expected to find a built-in Camera function. Crazy.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    ensoniqensoniq Posts: 131member
    Why are there never release notes to say what's included for public beta people?  Or am I missing something?
    2stepbayThomas_Tw33ts
  • Reply 3 of 8
    mwhitemwhite Posts: 287member
    I installed it now mail won't even open going back to 10.4 beta 3 because in the release of 10.4 mail would kick me off my email all the time.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    mwhite said:
    I installed it now mail won't even open going back to 10.4 beta 3 because in the release of 10.4 mail would kick me off my email all the time.
    You are one those people who should not mess with beta software.
    netmage
  • Reply 5 of 8
    felix01felix01 Posts: 294member
    Well I hope these public beta testers do a better job than they did on the last two iOS releases. And I hope Apple moves beyond the NIH (Not Invented Here) syndrome and *listens* to them...and fixes what they report before another embarrassment makes it into the wild.

If this one sucks, time for some software engineering changes...from the top down. 
    mwhite
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mwhitemwhite Posts: 287member
    lkrupp said:
    mwhite said:
    You are one those people who should not mess with beta software.
    Why would you say that I have been a public beta tester from the beginning, mail is important so if it doesn't work why stay with this beta I will try again on the next one!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    felix01 said:
    Well I hope these public beta testers do a better job than they did on the last two iOS releases. And I hope Apple moves beyond the NIH (Not Invented Here) syndrome and *listens* to them...and fixes what they report before another embarrassment makes it into the wild.

If this one sucks, time for some software engineering changes...from the top down. 
    Is it your impression that every person with an iOS device that updated to the last two releases has had problems? 
    netmage
  • Reply 8 of 8
    ensoniq said:
    Why are there never release notes to say what's included for public beta people?  Or am I missing something?
    There is a link in the about update to about the beta update but that infuriatingly takes you to to the page that tells you about the beta program and to enrol your device. grrrr