Apple Watch takes 71 percent share of teen market, iPhone remains strong, study says

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    I've been wearing my ss watch since day one and very happy with it. The slowness can be a bit annoying at times, but rarely, and it's certainly not a deal breaker, and not something I'd bother to upgrade for. I might consider upgrading for an interesting new case material.. so long as the bands are compatible with the first gen.

Also, I've been seeing more and more Apple watches as time goes on. This is definitely a successful, perhaps very successful, product.

FWIW, I'd say the top reasons I wear/use it is for notifications, time,* fashion,** Apple Pay.

*As a previous non-watch person, I didn't expect the time function to be so useful.
    **I have the milanese loop and white band (I swap them very regularly), looking forward to picking up a nylon band soon.
    cali
  • Reply 22 of 24
    ireland said:
    I don't understand shrinking tablet ownership. Are people just throwing away their iPads? Or are we producing a substantial amount of new people? I have a snow shovel. If I move somewhere warm, I'll probably still have that shovel.
    If 500 people live in a town and half have cars—Model 3. Tesla have 100% car market ownership in that town. Then the other half buy Apple cars. Now Tesla have 50% car market share. Yet no snow-shovels have been sold.
    But the kicker is they didn't specify brand. That said tablet ownership decreased by 2%. This would suggest that teens that owned tablets, have discarded them and not repurchased, or that the number of tablets remained the same and teens increased. 
  • Reply 23 of 24
    2old4fun said:
    I don't understand shrinking tablet ownership. Are people just throwing away their iPads? Or are we producing a substantial amount of new people? I have a snow shovel. If I move somewhere warm, I'll probably still have that shovel.
    Shrinking sales, not ownership.
    The article clearly says ownership.