Apple closes WWDC 2016 ticket lottery, sends confirmation to winners

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2016
As scheduled, Apple on Friday closed ticket lottery registrations for this year's Worldwide Developers Conference and began sending out email confirmations to the lucky few selected at random to attend the event in June.

WWDC 2016 confirmations began popping up online this afternoon as developers posted their virtual golden tickets to Twitter, Instagram and other social media outlets. As seen in the image above, conference passes cost the usual $1,599 per head.

This year, WWDC will highlight Apple's four main operating systems, iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS, with attendees able to attend a series of lectures, hands-on labs and meetings with Apple engineers.

"WWDC 2016 is going to be a landmark event for developers who are coding in Swift, and building apps and products for iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS. We can't wait for everyone to join us -- in San Francisco or through the live stream," said Phil Schiller, SVP of worldwide marketing at Apple.

Developers will have access to more than 1,000 Apple engineers over the five-day conference. In addition, the event will feature special guest speakers, meetings and activities, as well as the Apple Design Awards for outstanding iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Mac apps.

WWDC 2016 runs from June 13 to June 17, and kicks off with a keynote event at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. Sessions and labs will be located at Moscone West, while wrap-up bash is scheduled for Thursday at Bill Graham. Select sessions will be streamed through Apple's WWDC website and official WWDC app starting with the keynote on Monday, June 13 at 10 a.m. Pacific.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Oh well.
    Maybe I'll get lucky next year.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Be my eighth WWDC... 

But I'm worried this event isn't what it once was. 2004 (my first) was so much fun. I felt they encouraged hacking stuff together and then spending time with the Apple Engineers on paired programming sessions. Getting feedback on UI, design patterns, Xcode tips & tricks and best practices in general. 

Will certainly be an interesting year. We already know a majority of the Swift 3 feature set since it's openly discussed and Swift 2.2 has deprecated what will be removed in Swift 3. Hopefully they get better integration with iCloud, move TVJS to iOS / Mac OS for server driven UI and for the love of Jobs, fix Xcode.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 3 of 3
    There must be some developers who have guaranteed tickets right? I mean the big guys would have at least a couple of tickets.