Should I buy this Lacie 19" CRT? Comments Please:

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.lacie.com/products/product.cfm?id=5CDD3B85-B0F1-11D5-97E30090278D3ED0"; target="_blank">http://www.lacie.com/products/product.cfm?id=5CDD3B85-B0F1-11D5-97E30090278D3ED0</a>;

I have a pal who is selling it for $225.00. She paid over 500 for it retail. It is less than 1 year old, was used less than 2 weeks total (?) and it has 2+ years on the warranty still. The down side is that it will have to be shipped. But at least she has the original box.

I am a huge gamer, so the hood may be cool. I also work in publishing, so I can really use the hood at work, too. The blue color is nice. It is supposed to be very flat.

It will be hooked up to either my Ti 667 or my Quick Silver dual gig tower.

I have a lot of Lacie products, but never used their monitors (Mitsubishi CRT).

Have you ever seen this monitor or used it? Will it make a good game (FPS) monitor?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I have a lacie blue electron III 19". It is hands down the best monitor ever made. For graphics applications the color reproduction is better than anything out there. While LCD are great for games, many over-saturate colors. As a graphic designer dead on accuracy is a must for me and this monitor does the job. I also use the electron II 22" at work which is just as impresive. If you do a lot of color sensitive work, consider picking up the blue-eye calibrator (runs abour $400). This will help keep color consistent. I use it at work on the 22", but my 19" home monitor has yet to need adjustment.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Yes. That is definately quite a good deal -- you will not find many monitors with a 108KHz horizontal refresh for under $300, especially a good monitor like a LaCie.

If after shipping it is still under about $300, I'd say go for it. It's one of the better 19" CRTs...never knew it was able to do resolutions that high though.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    The only reason not to buy a 19" LaCie is...if you can get a great deal on a 22". If you haven't compared displays already, you've got to see the LaCie to appreciate the color depth and detail. If you are gaming or doing graphics, it's worth every cent.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I have a Lacie Electron Blue III 19". Very nice, even if I don't fully appreciate it's colour accuracy. I find it just fine for playing games on.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I highly reccomend the Lacie 19" monitor as others have already said, it is without a doubt the best 19" monitor avaliable. It suprises me that more review sites haven't picked up on this Gem.

Go for it... you won't regret it.

Superd