Apple stock posts longest losing streak in 18 years

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    latifbplatifbp Posts: 544member
    macxpress said:
    Who really cares about the god damn stock...I'm so sick of hearing about Apple's stock price. Apple couldn't care less about what its stock price and I guess unless you're a shareholder you shouldn't either. It means nothing to me. Just because its down, doesn't mean Apple is crashing and burning. Please...STOP with these ridiculous articles about Apple's stock price. 

Apple couldn't care less about the stock price, yet they have Tim Cook go on Mad Money (a show completely about the stock market)? I guess it takes a special kind of stupid to generate some of these comments.
    jackansikermit4krazy
  • Reply 22 of 37
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    Expect the stock to drop again today as India rejected Apple's plan to import and sell refurbished iPhones in the country. Huge blow as India is NOT China. Price really matters there and a low cost way of getting iPhones to Indian consumers is refurbs. 
  • Reply 23 of 37
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Expect the stock to drop again today as India rejected Apple's plan to import and sell refurbished iPhones in the country. Huge blow as India is NOT China. Price really matters there and a low cost way of getting iPhones to Indian consumers is refurbs. 
    India has never been China beside population. India income per capita is like 1/4-1/3 of China. I don't and won't believe in buying power of Indian market compared to Chinese. In fact, India need more water for shower before iPhone.
    edited May 2016 kermit4krazy
  • Reply 24 of 37
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    latifbp said:
    macxpress said:
    Who really cares about the god damn stock...I'm so sick of hearing about Apple's stock price. Apple couldn't care less about what its stock price and I guess unless you're a shareholder you shouldn't either. It means nothing to me. Just because its down, doesn't mean Apple is crashing and burning. Please...STOP with these ridiculous articles about Apple's stock price. 

Apple couldn't care less about the stock price, yet they have Tim Cook go on Mad Money (a show completely about the stock market)? I guess it takes a special kind of stupid to generate some of these comments.

Yeah I'm sure Tim was on there to boost that stock price!  I bet it keeps him awake at all night long every day. /sarcasm

The day Apple starts doing things just to appease shareholders is the day Apple starts to die a slow painful death. 
    edited May 2016
  • Reply 25 of 37
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    sog35 said:
    In the aftermath of Apple's disappointing earnings report that brought news of a slowdown in worldwide iPhone sales.......

Investors treating AAPL like a growth stock have been shedding shares over the past few weeks in preparation of 

Come on AppleInsider. Don't be a pawn like all the other media outlets.

How the hell is making $10 Billion in a quarter a disappointment?  Especially in today's economy? Especially since it in comparison to the super cycle of the iPhone 6?

How the hell is it a disappointment WHEN APPLE MET THEIR GUIDANCE FOR REVENUE AND GROSS PROFIT?

Apple told us in January the EXACT earnings range and they met it.  The only people who should be disappointed are idiots who thought they knew more about the company that Apple. 

Apple is not disappointed. They MET their sales target. PERIOD. Stop with this spewing total Wall Street Bullshit that the quarter was a disappointment to anyone who actually understands Apple.  The report was not a disappointment to me because I knew about Apple's revenue guidance from January.

And what the hell saying investors are treating Apple like a growth stock.  How the hell is having a 9 PE being treated like a growth stock?  With a PE that low they are being treated like a company going out of business not a growth company.  If Apple was treated like a growth stock (like Google) it would have a PE of 30 and a stock price of $300.

This is why you just shouldn't care  about its stock price and neither should Apple. Let Apple be Apple and the stock price will take care of itself if its so important for people. Why do people think they can make a quick buck off the stock market? 
  • Reply 26 of 37
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Time for the iPhone X than runs OS X and aimed at professionals.  ;)
    palomine
  • Reply 27 of 37
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    sog35 said:
    sensi said:
    Who was the guy again claiming to have bought hundreds of share at $100 the other day? You have all my sympathy.
    I bought 300 shares at $99.00
    I bought 200 shares at $92.75

Its obvious you have no idea about INVESTING. Sorry I'm not a trader.

If you are not willing to hold Apple shares for at least 5 years you are not investing. 

We will see who will have sympathy in 5 years when the stock is at $300
    Could have fooled me.

sog35 said:
    I just bought 10x $140 Jan2016 calls for $1.05.  So about $2100 'investment'
    If Apple reaches $150 at any time before the end of the year I'll make about $20,000 in profit.
    At this point its a long shot but I like my 10 to 1 odds.

crowleysingularityafrodrifastasleep
  • Reply 28 of 37
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    cnocbui said:
    sog35 said:

If you are not willing to hold Apple shares for at least 5 years you are not investing. 

Could have fooled me.
     :D 

good work
    afrodri
  • Reply 29 of 37
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,101member
    I was sure that "peek and pop" would save Apple. 
  • Reply 30 of 37
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    epertinez said:
    Apple have made huge mistakes lately. Just to name a few:

As soon as Schiller finishes crying from laughing so hard, I'm sure he'll get right on those. 
    edited May 2016
  • Reply 31 of 37
    jackansijackansi Posts: 116member
    sog35 said:
    sensi said:
    Who was the guy again claiming to have bought hundreds of share at $100 the other day? You have all my sympathy.

Bookmarked this one.

There is 0 chance of $300 in 5 years.  Just like there was 0 chance of $150 at the end of 2015.

You will make some money on your 500 in 5 years though.
    edited May 2016 kermit4krazy
  • Reply 32 of 37
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    amarkap said:
    sensi said:

Well, I'm not ashamed to say I bought at $127.00.  This is because I own the company.  I'm not a day trader of Apple stocks.  And every time I walk into an Apple Store I'm glad I'm an owner of the company.  I see young adults getting their first smart phone with their parents at their side.  I see Grandparents being treated with kindness as they buy their first iPad to FaceTime with their Grandkids.  I see young kids sitting near the kids section playing Angry Birds (or something like that)...with smile on their faces.  Yes, this is what I own...it doesn't matter I paid as much as I did.  Apple has things their pipeline.  We think we know all that goes on behind closed doors but we don't.  At this point, it would hard for any other company to come in and simply overtake Apple.  Sure, they can come out with a cooler (and cheaper) phones but what about the infrastructure to support it?  Yea, that part no one talks about...just Apple products are so expensive and not innovative. 

Anyway, no need to have sympathy for me.  As a matter of fact you should congratulate me for being an owner of one of the best companies on the planet!!  :)
    What are you tripping on?
  • Reply 33 of 37
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member

macxpress said:

It's only $14 that's back in a sneeze.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    amarkapamarkap Posts: 69member
    sensi said:
    amarkap said:
    I can both congratulate you for being an Apple shareholder and extend my sympathy over any hypothetical loss that would occur if you had to sale your share as of today. ;)

Thank you sensi :) 
  • Reply 35 of 37
    amarkapamarkap Posts: 69member
    sog35 said:
    amarkap said:

Well, I'm not ashamed to say I bought at $127.00.  This is because I own the company.  I'm not a day trader of Apple stocks.  And every time I walk into an Apple Store I'm glad I'm an owner of the company.  I see young adults getting their first smart phone with their parents at their side.  I see Grandparents being treated with kindness as they buy their first iPad to FaceTime with their Grandkids.  I see young kids sitting near the kids section playing Angry Birds (or something like that)...with smile on their faces.  Yes, this is what I own...it doesn't matter I paid as much as I did.  Apple has things their pipeline.  We think we know all that goes on behind closed doors but we don't.  At this point, it would hard for any other company to come in and simply overtake Apple.  Sure, they can come out with a cooler (and cheaper) phones but what about the infrastructure to support it?  Yea, that part no one talks about...just Apple products are so expensive and not innovative. 

Anyway, no need to have sympathy for me.  As a matter of fact you should congratulate me for being an owner of one of the best companies on the planet!!  :)
    That is the right attitude to have about stock ownership. This is exactly what Warren Buffet said. 

Bottom line is 90% of traders lose money. Its the long term investors who buy solid and strong companies that build wealth. 

Thank you sog35.  Always love reading all your comments. :)
  • Reply 36 of 37
    ac1234ac1234 Posts: 138member
    macxpress said:

Than please educate us on why you are reading and posting in a thread specifically about Apple stock?????????
    edited May 2016