Can't access Apple support for over a year

Posted:
in Genius Bar
For quite a while (I don't know how long but about 1 to 3 years) I haven't been able to access the Apple support communities. I have no other problems with my account anywhere else. I can login to apple.com with no problems but if I navigate to Apple's support communities and after loggin in, I see this page: https://discussions.apple.com/backsoon/error.html   "We'll be back. We are busy updating Apple Support Communities for you and will be back shortly." The message may have changed over time but that's the current wording.

I get this in Safari on OS 10.8, 10.9, 10.1, and in iOS. Also on Windows 8 and 10 using Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

I've seen a variety of posts about this issue short term but nothing talking about it being a lasting problem.

I'm keen on keeping access to my history and want to keep this one account that's tied to everything else.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    I would suggest you need to clear your cookies and caches or you are using the wrong URL.  Try accessing the proper URl from someone else's device.  Here's what I get as of a couple minutes ago:

That's using: https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

• Reply 2 of 26
    qvakerqvaker Posts: 6member
    Thanks for the reply cnocbui - This has all been tried, and I can access the Welcome page (so long as I am not logged in because it's available before login. I wasn't clear on this point, but I only get that page after logging in and then only in discussions.apple.com

The problem has spanned from old to new devices, and multiple clearings of metadata.  Also the problem persists no matter if I go to a discussion from a search, then try to login from a discussion, or from href on apple.com

I don't know if apple uses SSO across all of apple.com or if the discussions just share credentials. OR if this even matters.

New ideas always welcome  :)  Thanks again!
  • Reply 3 of 26
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Create a new Apple ID and try logging on with that?
  • Reply 4 of 26
    I can login using a different account but I'm hoping to not have to do that. I have transaction history with that account and remote access to other's computers using those credentials. That would essentially require me to maintain two accounts and that gets messy.
  • Reply 5 of 26
    qvaker said:
    For quite a while (I don't know how long but about 1 to 3 years) I haven't been able to access the Apple support communities. I have no other problems with my account anywhere else. I can login to apple.com with no problems but if I navigate to Apple's support communities and after loggin in, I see this page: https://discussions.apple.com/backsoon/error.html   "We'll be back. We are busy updating Apple Support Communities for you and will be back shortly." The message may have changed over time but that's the current wording.

I get this in Safari on OS 10.8, 10.9, 10.1, and in iOS. Also on Windows 8 and 10 using Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

I've seen a variety of posts about this issue short term but nothing talking about it being a lasting problem.

I'm keen on keeping access to my history and want to keep this one account that's tied to everything else.

Did u get a email from the hosts stating that ur suspended? If not, that is a glitch
  • Reply 6 of 26
    SlamDesiSlamDesi Posts: 3member
    tæylor said:
    qvaker said:

Did u get a email from the hosts stating that ur suspended? If not, that is a glitch
    I've had this issue ever since I bought my new 27" iMac this past January.  Among other things, I've spoken at length with Apple's Support staff to no avail.  I went down to the local Apple Store and showed them what was happening and, no answer(s).  I've never been warned, suspended nor have I posted anything objectionable.  I've begun to think that I've been 86'd for posting issues I've had with my new USB 3.0 drive dropping off (Disk Ejected Improperly) since owning the iMac and operating under El Capitan.  That's also a known issue and, no answers from Apple on that little problem either.  Sheesh.
  • Reply 7 of 26

qvaker said:

Sorry, quaker... I posted my response to the wrong person.  I've been having this issue since January.   Apple doesn't know why it's happen but, like the USB 3.0 drop off issue, it's not isolated.  If you've received a remedy since, please let me know what you found out.  I'd like to post answers that I have on issues or, let people know what I'm experiencing.  Last time I checked, there were 6 pages of USB 3.0 drop-offs but, I can't access to comment and, Apple isn't addressing that issue either.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    tæylortæylor Posts: 10member
    SlamDesi said:
    tæylor said:
    I've had this issue ever since I bought my new 27" iMac this past January.  Among other things, I've spoken at length with Apple's Support staff to no avail.  I went down to the local Apple Store and showed them what was happening and, no answer(s).  I've never been warned, suspended nor have I posted anything objectionable.  I've begun to think that I've been 86'd for posting issues I've had with my new USB 3.0 drive dropping off (Disk Ejected Improperly) since owning the iMac and operating under El Capitan.  That's also a known issue and, no answers from Apple on that little problem either.  Sheesh.
    Ok
    i think this might be a glitch...
  • Reply 9 of 26
    tæylor said:
    SlamDesi said:
    Ok
    I'd say so.  After leaving a VERY stable G5 running on Snow Leopard, I feel as if I've taken a step back.  Yes, I love the speed of my iMac... as long as I'm willing to forfeit things that used to work.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    SlamDesi said:
    tæylor said:
    Ok
    I'd say so.  After leaving a VERY stable G5 running on Snow Leopard, I feel as if I've taken a step back.  Yes, I love the speed of my iMac... as long as I'm willing to forfeit things that used to work.
    Ok, I'll find any further solutions, really useful friend.
  • Reply 11 of 26
    qvaker said:

I've been having the same problem for about as long as well....I realize it again every time I have a problem with my mac and try to find a solution on line....has anyone figured this out?

tæylor
  • Reply 12 of 26
    qvaker said:

I've been having the same problem for about as long as well....I realize it again every time I have a problem with my mac and try to find a solution on line....has anyone figured this out?

Did you check that the hosts sent you a email saying your account is suspended? Or is it just a glitch?
  • Reply 13 of 26
    Sorry tæylor - I missed my notification on this thread from when you asked me about suspension.

No, I've never gotten anything saying my account is suspended. I've never gotten anything from Apple support.

SlamDesi - It's interesting that your problems may have started with a post. I may have said something negative about Apple too. I really can't remember but I do remember being mad about something related to the account itself such as problems merging various accounts as Apple consolidated user accounts from various sources. I'm pretty sure the account I have the problem with was a totally new account though.

• Reply 14 of 26
    qvaker said:

I have the SAME problem too and I don't know how to fix it !
  • Reply 15 of 26
    Ok.. So it's just a glitch.... Is that correct?
  • Reply 16 of 26
    It's a glitch when it happens to one or two people.  This seems to be more than just a glitch.  I'm more curious if there is a common thread.

Are any of you having this problem using any ad blockers, private browsing software, or other third party security software?
  • Reply 17 of 26
    I've had this problem for years -- As soon as I sign in, I get the annoying "we'll be back" message. I've had this problem on three separate MacBook Pros, always running the most recent version of everything (e.g., currently the most recent version of El Capitan, most recent version of Safari and Chrome, etc.). I've tried all the suggested solutions. Nothing works. Problem still happens -- on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. It happens when I'm using a VPN, when I'm *not* using a VPN, when I'm in non-private mode, when I'm in private-mode etc. It happens even after I clear caches. Even when I reset my computer and re-install everything. Even when I re-set Keychain. It doesn't matter what I do. 

So it's not me; I'm not the problem. It's Apple. I of course appreciate additional suggestions, though I've likely already tried them.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    @pathrunner - I'd have to say the same as kv333. I've had different AV software, used different browsers with and without add blockers, etc. Nothing has been consistent.

I did find that before this problem started and before email addresses were used for login, my login name was DoYouReallyGiveACrapWhatMyNameIs. Maybe this was too long or it upset someone at Apple. I don't think we'll ever know.
  • Reply 19 of 26
    peter4goodpeter4good Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I've had the same problem for about a year. It's infuriating. I've tried everything suggested here to no avail. 
  • Reply 20 of 26
    I am still having this problem... If I'm not signed in I can get to it, otherwise I get error that says "Safari can't open the page - too many redirects occurred trying to open "https://discussions.apple.com/notfound.jspa". This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which is the redirected to open the original page.

I found something that said to go to Safari/Prefs/Privacy and click on Details - there is nothing that says DETAILS...  Has anyone been able to figure this out?