Donald Trump, who called for a boycott of Apple, reveals he owns over $1M in company stock

Comments

• Reply 21 of 115
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    so he's spending all that money for something he doesn't want? Really?
    It is a tax write off whether he wins or loses. Trump Inc. makes a loan to his campaign that will never be paid back, hence bad debt. 
    jackansi
  • Reply 22 of 115
    touruntourun Posts: 18member
    Recently, Trump called Clinton a liar, and Clinton called Trump a liar.

It is the only truthful thing either of them has said during the past year   :)
    singularitybaconstangjackansi
  • Reply 23 of 115
    msuberlymsuberly Posts: 236member
    So, in other words the man is willing to take a hit to some of his personal assets to help keep American jobs. Yet, he is accused of being ignorant, a blowhard, a liar, and a panderer. 
    apple ][tallest skil
  • Reply 24 of 115
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    One is pathetic and another is lair. Not sure which one is less evil. No wonder people have to male choice between Clinton, Trump, or Death
    "The obituary of Mary Anne Noland, which said she chose death over the prospect of voting for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton"

edited May 2016 jackansi
  • Reply 25 of 115
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,279member
    rbonner said:
    Curious, the tax on products made out of the country, where does that money go? It seems that this is just a punishment tax, and I seeing this in the right light?
    It's just a statement politicians make whilst pandering to whatever audience they are speaking to. Besides the fact that it is unlikely to pass congress, it probably violates various trade pacts and just ignores the fact that there is no infrastructure in the US to support the mass production of electronic devices like an iPhone in the US. Even if final assembly were done in the US, virtually every single component would still have to be imported and you can not hope to have those produced here. The macro economic costs to such a short-sighted tariff would destroy the US economy. Imagine the inflation rate and job losses caused by a sudden 35% increase on every imported product from cars to electronics to wine to food to clothing. All so he (and Bernie too) can say they want to provide a few more minimum-wage jobs to make phones in the US that nobody would be able to afford anyway. Great.

jbishop1039baconstangjackansi
  • Reply 26 of 115
    frankiefrankie Posts: 381member
    apple ][ said:
    It makes no difference if you like him or not, because you are looking at the next POTUS, and there's nothing that any of you will be able to do about it.  :#

Ain't gonna happen.
    baconstangcnocbui
  • Reply 27 of 115
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Yup he doesn't want it.

If you need your hand held beyond this video and its relevance to the context of the initial statement, please don’t tell me
    jackansiandrewmacmaster
  • Reply 28 of 115
    BuffyzDeadBuffyzDead Posts: 356member
    A Blowhard, is a Blowhard, is a Blowhard !!

He'll say anything, whenever, whatever, whoever, and contradict himself, and agree with himself, and contradict himself, and back and forth and back and forth.

Why?
    Because he's the Best, The Hugest, The Smartest, the Toughest, The Savviest, The Blah, blah, blah

Don't believe me?  …Just ask him

a small sample of his genius wisdom:

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”

“Laziness is a trait in the blacks. ... Black guys counting my money! I hate it.”

“The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yamakas every day.”

“All the women on The Apprentice flirted with me — consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”

“One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”

Do tell !
    edited May 2016 baconstangcnocbuiargonaut
  • Reply 29 of 115
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    frankie said:
    apple ][ said:
    It makes no difference if you like him or not, because you are looking at the next POTUS, and there's nothing that any of you will be able to do about it.  :#

Ain't gonna happen.
    Then you should put money on his opponent, and you can make a nice profit, if you truly believe what you write.

I already have put my money on my man a while back, and it's already earned me a very decent ROI, and it will earn me even more come November. :#
  • Reply 30 of 115
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    mike1 said:

...they want to provide a few more minimum-wage jobs to make phones in the US that nobody would be able to afford anyway. Great.

Can't be done. We would have to grant thousands of Chinese citizens an H-2B visa to come here to do the work. Lazy unemployed, under educated Americans would be completely incapable of assembling iPhones. And that is just the assembly. In terms of mold and model makers, engineers and component production technicians, the US just doesn't have the number of qualified personnel to get the job done. Total pie in the sky to think it could be done here, robots or no robots.
    mike1
  • Reply 31 of 115
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    zoetmb said:
    It doesn't matter that he won't release his taxes
    Did it. Pay attention to the people you’re libeling.
    he doesn't know anything about policy
    Citation needed.
    that he's had a ton of business failures and has walked away from debt
    Blown the fuck out:

that he's suggested that he'd use nuclear weapons in Europe
    lol
    he keeps reversing his positions... ...he's already backing away from his previous positions
    Again, pay attention.
    For a long time I thought there was no way he could win.
    Yeah, he lost all those years before he announced his campaign. He could NEVER have won!
    The Democrats would have 232 electoral votes without the tossup states
    And 2012 was the last year they’ll be doing that.
    And if the Bernie supporters act out at the Democratic Convention, it's going to be 1968 all over again.
    Please happen!
    I think Hillary is going to do very badly against him in debates.  You can't debate someone who only makes statements that are vague generalities. 
    That’s right. So if Hillary would do literally anything other than make vague generalities, she might do better. But she won’t, because she can’t, and that’s why she’ll lose.
    But If Trump does get elected, my guess is that he gets impeached before the four years are out
    They didn’t impeach Obama for committing treason or numerous felonies. They won’t impeach Trump for doing none of that.
    I wonder if he realizes that he's got to put all his businesses in a trust while he's POTUS.  
    I wonder if you realize he has already stated his children will be running them. And you say that as though politicians don’t run corporations while in office.
    edited May 2016 apple ][
  • Reply 32 of 115
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    Yup he doesn't want it.

If you need your hand held beyond this video and its relevance to the context of the initial statement, please don’t tell me
    No hold my hand and explain why he doesn't want it as he's doing a grand show of appearing to want it now.
    jackansi
  • Reply 33 of 115
    wdowellwdowell Posts: 226member
    I am not a US Citizen and wouldn't wish to defend Trump, HOWEVER..  i find it even more admirable that Trump dared to criticise a company he had a stake. 
    apple ][tallest skil
  • Reply 34 of 115
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,956member
    A Trump presidency would be survivable if he didn't have control of all three branches of government. Unfortunately, that will most likely be the case. It's going to be chaotic four years. The Sixties all over again with riots in the streets. But this time, Trump will put the Army in the streets to support his "patriotic militias" to liquidate the "loser" opposition once and for all. Canada anyone?
    jackansi
  • Reply 35 of 115
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    The Sixties all over again with riots in the streets. But this time, Trump will put the Army in the streets to support his "patriotic militias" to liquidate the "loser" opposition once and for all. 
    And whose fault will any riots be? The unlawful and violent rioters of course.

I am looking forward to them getting smacked down harshly. It's going to be great entertainment, and I will most certainly be stocking up on the popcorn. :#
    tallest skil
  • Reply 36 of 115
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    ``I'm self funded, so I won't be beholden to lobbyists.'' Flash forward. ``I'm self-funded by a $1 Billion SuperPAC.''
    singularityjackansiargonaut
  • Reply 36 of 115
    Who would've thought the angry orange is hypocritical douche canoe 
    singularitycnocbuiargonaut
  • Reply 38 of 115
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    volcan said:
    cnocbui said:
    Elevating people to power who want and seek that power is possibly not the best way to be doing it.
    Why do you think we get such horrible choices? Anyone with intelligence and integrity usually knows better than to run for president. It is possibly the worst job on the planet.
    How about the reality that irregardless of academic and professional status, for the vast majority of Americans, we're too arrogant and myopic to realize even when we have a President of both intelligence and integrity we knee cap them with a Congress full of Morons: a reflection of our inner ID.
    singularityvolcancnocbuijackansiargonaut
  • Reply 39 of 115
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member
    Talk is cheap. Who knows what he will actually do if elected.  As much as people fear a Trump presidency I doubt he could pull off being the next Hitler and trying to wipe all the Muslims off the face of the earth. Let's see if this post is acceptable and will not be pulled.
  • Reply 40 of 115
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,956member
    apple ][ said:
    The Sixties all over again with riots in the streets. But this time, Trump will put the Army in the streets to support his "patriotic militias" to liquidate the "loser" opposition once and for all. 
    And whose fault will any riots be? The unlawful and violent rioters of course.

I am looking forward to them getting smacked down harshly. It's going to be great entertainment, and I will most certainly be stocking up on the popcorn. :#
    I rest my case. 
    jackansicnocbuiargonaut