Eric Schmidt says he uses an iPhone, but claims to prefer Samsung's Galaxy

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 73
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    As I am now leaving Apple, I was so happy to get rid of my iPhone 6s+ and trade it in for a Samsung S7 Edge. While I did need to do some tinkering, like change the theme, and download nova launcher, the phone has been freaking awesome. Notification that disappear when you access the app, or do things like view Facebook from a web browser. A back button that does not disappear when you lock the phone, multi screen, solid build, better fit in the hand, better implementation of widgets, place icons anywhere I want to on the screen, less used apps can just stay in the app drawer to avoid clutter, etc etc. I am very happy with my choice, though I understand that there are many who love the iPhone, and I even understand why, though excuses like better apps, better ecosystem are just plane lame. With an iPhone you just turn it on and go to town... there is no need to customize, tight integration with other Apple products, etc. My girlfriend got my 6S+ and is very happy with it, she flirts with getting the same device as mine, but I caution her to play with my phone first before making the decision to jump. If Eric Schmidt likes the iPhone better, he should just own up to it. Alphabet (Google), is a very open company where technology is concerned... You can see people using a mixture of products even on the same team. Seeing groups of people using Macs, Windows, and Linux side by side is not unheard of.

Hey, whatever floats your boat. But misspelling the name of the dumber persona of the dumbest person on the dumbest channel and using that as your User Name... this was your first and last post, right?

edited May 2016
  • Reply 62 of 73
    starwarsstarwars Posts: 72member
    That says a lot about your own products [nexus, android] if you don't choose to use it. You produce something you don't even want to use it, nobody will. That's the fact, live with it schmited.
  • Reply 63 of 73
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    gatorguy said:
    I really don't know what you mean by "change-the-premise". Maybe you could explain a bit more clearly?

You're smart enough to figure out. And people who've been around here a while know what I am talking about, so nothing needs any explanation. 
    Well I guess I'm not and as you can't seem to explain it either it's a moot issue then. 
  • Reply 64 of 73
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    gatorguy said:

Schmidt carries both an iPhone 6s and a Samsung Galaxy S7, he told CNBC during an event in Amsterdam. Asked which one he prefers, Schmidt gave the nod to Samsung.

"Samsung S7 is better. It has a better battery. And those of you who are iPhone users (know) I'm right," Schmidt is quoted as saying.

Perhaps the most surprising admission is not that Schmidt uses an iPhone -- he was spotted snapping photos with an iPhone earlier this year -- but that his Android device is made by Samsung, rather than Google.

Google partners with mobile phone makers to produce a line of Nexus devices, which run pure Android and are designed as showcase machines for the mobile platform. Nexus phones are held in mostly high regard, and it would seem a logical choice for Schmidt to carry the latest and greatest from his own firm.
    Nexus phones are simply meant as solid reference designs for new Android features and versions. The OEM's would of course be expected to take that hardware set and add their own flair to it. Some will be more premium and fully-features while others might be more basic. So Nexus smartphones aren't meant to be the latest, greatest top-of-the-line premium Android handsets, tho they're certainly not shabby for the price. I'd expect some folks would be willing to pay more for larger/higher res screens, or more input choices and functions, or larger battery's or. . . 

Seems like the narrative is being re-written now. Weren't Nexus supposed to be the premium Android experience phones?
    Nope. 
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/mathonan/googles-new-nexus-phones-follow-a-long-history?utm_term=.qy2A4YN3Nl#.gbA7k2RXRb

That doesn't mean that someday they may not change their mind on the hardware business and put more time and effort into making it a premium line of products. As it stands for now they're still used to introduce and promote Google's new Android versions which of course needs the proper hardware for it. They're not supposed to be "the premium Android phones".  They're "the pure Android phones." 
    edited May 2016 singularity
  • Reply 65 of 73
    Sweet Jesus.  the worlds largest douche 
  • Reply 66 of 73
    indieshackindieshack Posts: 328member
    This is sad and tells you pretty much all you need to know about the Android experience.
  • Reply 67 of 73
    maciekskontaktmaciekskontakt Posts: 1,169member
    Some men live with their wives, but prefer other girls ;)
  • Reply 68 of 73
    waterrocketswaterrockets Posts: 1,231member
    gatorguy said:
    Nexus phones are simply meant as solid reference designs for new Android features and versions. The OEM's would of course be expected to take that hardware set and add their own flair to it. Some will be more premium and fully-features while others might be more basic. So Nexus smartphones aren't meant to be the latest, greatest top-of-the-line premium Android handsets, tho they're certainly not shabby for the price. I'd expect some folks would be willing to pay more for larger/higher res screens, or more input choices and functions, or larger battery's or. . . 

Seems like the narrative is being re-written now. Weren't Nexus supposed to be the premium Android experience phones?

That's not the intention -- just the general result because the manufacturers and networks don't know what they're doing

This is sad and tells you pretty much all you need to know about the Android experience.
    That as great as the iPhone hardware is, you still need a lifeline back to some sanity when it comes to the OS?
  • Reply 69 of 73
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    Give the man a break, what else he could say? "Oh, I have both and I think iPhone is better?", he is a CEO of a company who make Android FGS.
  • Reply 70 of 73
    koopkoop Posts: 337member
    schmidt is an Apple fan. I don't get why this is news or why it matters. Many big Google execs like Apple and develop for the platform. 
  • Reply 71 of 73
    kbwkbw Posts: 2member
    Oh, Schmidt is running iOS 9? HOW NICE. This would explain why nobody at Google is aware the REST OF US WITH WITH ANYTHING LESS THAN A BRAND NEW SAMSUNG are running Android 4.4.2.
  • Reply 72 of 73
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    kbw said:
    Oh, Schmidt is running iOS 9? HOW NICE. This would explain why nobody at Google is aware the REST OF US WITH WITH ANYTHING LESS THAN A BRAND NEW SAMSUNG are running Android 4.4.2.
    Damn I wish my wife's galaxy s5 was on 4.4.2 instead of 6.0.1then I could agree with you
    cnocbui
  • Reply 73 of 73
    aricbaricb Posts: 27member
    He most likely has one of every model of phone and plays with each to see if there are new trends he needs to copy. Also, when he made this comment, he didn't say he prefers the S7. The title to this story is sensationalist lies. Also, keep in mind, the S7 is 9 months newer. In a couple months, he wont be able to say the same thing until the cycle repeats itself.