Apple TV nets Bravo, E! and Syfy content with new tvOS apps

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    aricbaricb Posts: 27member
    Now all these channels need to do what HBO did and make it so we can pay $5 or $10 a month for access without having to pay the giant cable bill.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    gregalexandergregalexander Posts: 1,400member
    mike1 said:
    welshwiz said:
    Why not make them available for the UK
    Really?! Do we really need another thread discussing the issues/problems/difficulties with licensing and agreements in multiple countries???
    Personally I don't care about rights- in Australia we have the Syfy channel, I would just like access to Aussie Syfy channel content. 
  • Reply 23 of 25
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Some real quality offerings there. 
    Looks like the shows starring prostitutes are their headliners.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,088member
    Utterly trivial crap. Embarrassing, in fact. 

Its shocking to to me that Apple can't even get ABC and ESPN on board, despite the CEO of the company that owns both (Disney) being on Apple's board and Steve Job's wife being on Disney's board (and its largest shareholder). 
    I saw @SpamSandwich posted news of Netflix getting an exclusive Disney deal done
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/193369/apple-misses-out-on-massive-streaming-deal-with-disney-netflix-get-streaming-movie-rights#latest
  • Reply 25 of 25
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    gatorguy said:
    Utterly trivial crap. Embarrassing, in fact. 

Its shocking to to me that Apple can't even get ABC and ESPN on board, despite the CEO of the company that owns both (Disney) being on Apple's board and Steve Job's wife being on Disney's board (and its largest shareholder). 
    I saw @SpamSandwich posted news of Netflix getting an exclusive Disney deal done
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/193369/apple-misses-out-on-massive-streaming-deal-with-disney-netflix-get-streaming-movie-rights#latest
    Yep. This is a complete failure for Apple (perhaps more pointedly, a complete failure for Eddie Cue?), especially considering Laurene Powell Jobs' relationship to Disney (being a very large stockholder thanks to Steve). She reportedly owns 131 million shares of Disney stock.
    edited May 2016