Anticipating WWDC 2016: what's ahead for Apple Watch 2 and watchOS 3

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    reflowsreflows Posts: 9member
    I'm waiting for the day when I can look at my watch to see what my blood sugar is, and then control my insulin pump to respond accordingly. 
  • Reply 22 of 23
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    toysandme said:
    I love the watch but there is one feature my original Pebble had that I miss a lot: I wish the watch warned me when I forget my phone at home. It's smart enough to show a red rectangle with a line across it, so why doesn't it nag me with a "hey, your phone is out of range"? Let's tell Apple: http://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

Yes, that is one of my main feature requests as well.  I submitted it a few months back.  Seems like a "no brainer" to me - make it an optional setting and done.  Some distinctive, repetitive taptic pattern (like used in Maps).

I am certainly hoping for upgrades on watch faces.  Really like changing the watch face to things like the photos, time lapse, etc, but from a functional perspective really want more customizable information on those, like is available with Modular.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member

why- said:

yeah but I mean how do they know it's you? is there an initial setup involving TouchID? does it ask you for your PIN?
    Every time you put the Apple Watch on you need to unlock it with a passcode you set up in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. After that it knows it's you because you passed the unlock code just like you would have passed the TouchID. And your constant heart rate knows you still have it on when it comes to Apple Pay time. So the authentication happens each time you put your Apple Watch on and no other times.
    Just to note that you can also set your Apple Watch to unlock when you use TouchID on your phone, if you prefer (unlocking phone unlocks AW as well).  So that avoids need to punch in the AW PIN code when you first put it on.  Personally, my phone and AW are not in same place at night, so I just enter the PIN.