KFC officially launches Apple Pay at US restaurants

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    thrang said:
    Starbucks already has a extremely successful app to pay for drinks and stuff. Why would Starbucks want to lose all that revenue? 
    Jennifer Bailey at Apple noted last year that a Starbuck's Apple Pay rollout in US B&M would be coming in 2016...

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/8/9483425/apple-pay-vp-starbucks-will-soon-accept-apple-pay

Many people won't use individual payment systems, like myself. I don't like the idea of my static credit card numbers dispersed like demon seed everywhere, as this creates more opportunities to get hacked via a merchant's poor security. Starbucks I'm sure recognizes they need to give users a choice, and they should.

I never pay with plastic at Starbucks.  I'll use the Starbucks app so I can leave a tip.   But I suppose there are a lot of apple people who are making payments on iphones and therefore can't afford to tip their barista.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    baz1536 said:
    Wow.... The US gets Apple Pay in 2014 and KFC get it in 2016.

We get Apple Pay (UK) in 2015 and KFC is active the day it happens, gotta love contactless!!
    Apple could have easily launched Apple Pay on 2014 launch day in many other countries easily instead of the USA which barely uses chip & pin yet, let alone NFC. 

I live in a tiny village in the north of Scotland and I struggle to find places that DON'T offer contactless as payment. In fact it's usually the BIG companies; Tesco, Asda, BurgerKing that don't whereas wee newsagents, clothes shops, sweetie shoppies etc. all have contactless. Bizarre.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    Fried chicken chain KFC on Wednesday announced that it has finally begun supporting Apple Pay, something originally teased by Apple in October 2015.

Earlier today Apple Pay came to three more Canadian banks, namely TD, Scotiabank, and the Bank of Montreal.
    Funny, I've been using Apple Pay at KFC (Canada) for the last month, given they are different owners.

I got to use Apple Pay with my Mastercard today at a place that previously I couldn't use the AMEX Apple Pay at, and it worked seamlessly.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    I had a clerk at Safeway tell me their terminal accepted Samsung Pay, but not Apple Pay. I confirmed the latter assertion, but the terminal did not display a NFC logo, nor have one of those little tap-pads. Samsung pay doesn't use the swipe strip, does it?

I wrote to Safeway to encourage them to take Apple Pay. I let them know it was more secure and convenient, things I value and look for in a merchant. I did get an email reply, telling me my request was deferred to the IT department. I found this hilarious, since it isn't an IT issue - it's a strategic management issue.