Latest iTunes 12.4.1 update fixes VoiceOver problems, other minor issues

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple on Thursday released a minor update to its iTunes media management platform to address a variety of small problems and bugs, including compatibility issues with the OS X VoiceOver accessibility feature.

According to Apple's release notes, iTunes version 12.4.1 for Mac includes a grab bag of fixes that might in some cases negatively impact software usability. In particular, the update addresses a problem that caused VoiceOver, Mac's automated screen reader technology, to operate unexpectedly.

In addition, the new iTunes version restores the option to Reset Plays and patches a bug that caused the Up Next function to sometimes play tracks out of order. The previous release also prohibited iTunes from crossfading between songs, a longstanding feature some users believe enhances the overall playback experience.

Today's release comes two weeks after iTunes version 12.4 was pushed out with a redesigned user interface and its own set of bug fixes.

Apple's iTunes version 12.4.1 is available as a free Software Update from the Mac App Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jetanjetan Posts: 1member
    Anyone know what happened to iBooks syncing in iTunes 12.4.1.6? It seems to be banished.

Best
    jetan
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    Why is iTunes on OSX named 'Apple Music' on iOS?

And why is 'iTunes Store' part of iOS, without having 'iTunes' there?

And why is buying and listening to content split in two apps on iOS, whereas iTunes on OSX does both in one app?

• Reply 3 of 5
    jetan said:
    Anyone know what happened to iBooks syncing in iTunes 12.4.1.6? It seems to be banished.

Best
    jetan
    You can only see it when you have an iPod/iPhone/iPad plugged in, right? It's part of the syncing, not iTunes itself. I just have to click on the iPod icon, then go down to Books.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    tokyojimutokyojimu Posts: 529member
     includes a grab bag of fixes that might in some cases negatively impact software usability.
    Why would I want to install a fix that negatively impact usability?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    LoneStar88LoneStar88 Posts: 325member
    I like the new UI a lot. It's a lot cleaner, more intuitive, and more responsive, especially with Apple Music.

I like AM, too. Never thought in the early days that I'd want to stream music, but I'm finding that it gives me much better access to new (different oldies, for the most part, as most of today's "music" is shit) music because I don't have to buy albums. I get a lot of variety for $15/mo.