Apple Watch bands by Coach set to launch this Sunday in three styles

Posted:
in Apple Watch
A total of nine new Apple Watch bands -- three styles all available in three different colors --?will launch this Sunday from luxury fashion brand Coach, a new leak has revealed.

Coach Apple Watch Tea Rose Applique band in Chalk, via Haute Ecriture.

A sales associate from Coach confirmed to Haute Ecriture that limited quantities of shipments are expected to start arriving on June 12. The bands will be available in Leather Strap with Charms, Wild Beast Camo, and Tea Rose Applieque.

Each of the bands will come in three different color options, and they will cost $150 apiece. Sizing remains unknown. Word of the bands first leaked back in April.

The new bands will not be available for purchase online, and will be limited to a handful of Coach retail locations. The associate said some stores in New York, California and Nevada will have inventory.

Also unknown is whether Apple had a hand in the creation of the new bands. The company partnered with high-end fashion brand Hermes for a special edition of the Apple Watch that launched in January.

But while the Hermes product debuted as a new version of the Apple Watch, the Coach bands appear to be only available for separate purchase.

Still, the apparent June 12 arrival of the bands conveniently coincides with the June 13 kickoff for Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference. Apple will host a keynote presentation next Monday to announce new products, which could include Coach's lineup of bands.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,033member
    I hope the other styles look less ridiculous than the one depicted.  The inevitable knock-offs will class it up a bit, no doubt. Perhaps this is intended for grade-school girls with huge allowances and Kardashians?
    edited June 2016 1983
  • Reply 2 of 10
    williamh said:
    I hope the other styles look less ridiculous than the one depicted.  The inevitable knock-offs will class it up a bit, no doubt. Perhaps this is intended for grade-school girls with huge allowances and Kardashians?
    Yes, Apple and Coach clearly have no idea what they're doing (*rolls eyes*)

I'm struggling to think of a 'masculine' band and/or brand collaboration I would want. I have the milanese loop, white polycarbontate, and blue nylon which I interchange very regularly. The Hermes cuff looks interesting, but not ~600$ interesting or whatever it costs.
    edited June 2016 mike1
  • Reply 3 of 10
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    I actually like the styling though it is a bit at the high end of what I'd pay for something like that (i'd have to see it in person to know if its worth it)
    williamh said:

I'm struggling to think of a 'masculine' band and/or brand collaboration I would want. I have the milanese loop, white polycarbontate, and blue nylon which I interchange very regularly. The Hermes cuff looks interesting, but not ~600$ interesting or whatever it costs.

• Reply 4 of 10
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Ew.

I await the Hello Kitty partnership next.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    Yay! The pre-kickoff to WWDC!!

LET'S ROLL, APPLE!!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    foggyhill said:
    I actually like the styling though it is a bit at the high end of what I'd pay for something like that (i'd have to see it in person to know if its worth it)

Hello, not sure if this is masculine enough but I purchased a simple black leather strap via Amazon for around $20. One year later it looks as good as new and has had no issues. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B011448S7M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Reply 7 of 10
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    jackansi
  • Reply 8 of 10
    EsquireCatsEsquireCats Posts: 1,268member
    I'm sure Coach know their demographic. In a way what you're seeing here is similar to how Apple now operate: more nuanced options without getting into the scattergun approach. It's like the new macbook, it's not for everyone, but it's great for the targeted demographic.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 754member
    williamh said:

Don't worry...the fashion experts on this forum will set them straight!
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 10 of 10
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I kinda like it.